IGNORED

Thai Superstition - Palm of Death

Wonder if any of you guys can verify a Thai superstition for me ?

Supposedly I have a straight line straight across my palm on my right hand - which basically bisects my hand in 2( but not my left ) which according to my EX GF means that If I punch someone I will kill them :S

I did 'participate' in a bare knuckle boxing fight once ( I was sleeping on the bar at the time and was volunteered by the owner) . Which surprisingly I won with a one punch knock out. But havent had any further opportunities to test the theory.

Would like to know if anyone can verify this. Seems like a great get out of jail card. Just show the palm to any troublemaker and they will retreat in terror. Or will it only work with Palm readers ?

Edited by chaang

Yes, the Thais have a superstition for every occasion, sometimes I think that they make them up as they go along. It used to bother me until I learned that I can make them up as I go along too! And they believe me. How naive can they get?

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Yes, the Thais have a superstition for every occasion, sometimes I think that they make them up as they go along. It used to bother me until I learned that I can make them up as I go along too! And they believe me. How naive can they get?

Sabunim,

bummer . i thought that may have helped me out if i got in a bit of trouble.

lol yes I too love to do this. One night in Korat with the GF we were staying in an apartment. While she was asleep I set up a 1/2 filled water bottle to align just right with the green light of the air conditioner to project a ghostly shaped image on the opposite wall whenever the AC would turn on. First time she saw it she was seriously freaked out, she kept asking me if I saw it and I would tell her see what?

Maybe her ancestors got me back though because there have been a couple of times when I have stayed up at her village where I have been a bit freaked out. It can get pretty spooky up there at times, and I don't believe in the supernatural.

Edited by EddieHorus

lol yes I too love to do this. One night in Korat with the GF we were staying in an apartment. While she was asleep I set up a 1/2 filled water bottle to align just right with the green light of the air conditioner to project a ghostly shaped image on the opposite wall whenever the AC would turn on. First time she saw it she was seriously freaked out, she kept asking me if I saw it and I would tell her see what?

I once stayed in an apartment above a hairdressers - near to tims bar in patts. One night my drunken TGF woke me up and said that there were 2 chinese female ghosts that wanted to have sex with me ! I went back to sleep.

my thai wife is scarred of ghosts more than anything. she says all thai people believe in ghosts. They actually put food and drinks out for them.

Edited by Craig_ozz

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Wonder if any of you guys can verify a Thai superstition for me ?

Supposedly I have a straight line straight across my palm on my right hand - which basically bisects my hand in 2( but not my left ) which according to my EX GF means that If I punch someone I will kill them :S

I did 'participate' in a bare knuckle boxing fight once ( I was sleeping on the bar at the time and was volunteered by the owner) . Which surprisingly I won with a one punch knock out. But havent had any further opportunities to test the theory.

Would like to know if anyone can verify this. Seems like a great get out of jail card. Just show the palm to any troublemaker and they will retreat in terror. Or will it only work with Palm readers ?

Have the same line (in both hands). Had a girl read my palm or so but didn't tell me anything about it. Never got into fistfights though and don't want to try it out as I'll certainly have my ass kicked.

A girl told me that she could see a ghost as well... oh well... I know a lot of non-Thais who claim that they have seen ghosts as well.

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

LOL. I do this to, go into a beer bar and chat up a fresh from the farm girl and act like I am a palm reader. Can have a bit of fun

my thai wife is scarred of ghosts more than anything. she says all thai people believe in ghosts. They actually put food and drinks out for them.

Well, we put milk & cookies out for Father Christmas. I really should stop doing that now I'm all growed up. :)

What amazes me is that TGs love violent, blood soaked movies like Ong Bak 2 & that basketball / fighting movie, but will hide under the covers when watching The Grudge.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Well, we put milk & cookies out for Father Christmas. I really should stop doing it. :)

i went downstairs on a Christmas morning and was shocked to see Santa did not eat the cookies but had 2 Budweiser beers out of the fridge.

One ex of mine was obsessed with days of the week and various things you must not do on certain days. A big one was moving home, could never shift from one apartment to another on the weekend as it was bad luck. Yeah, well I'm working M-F, only time I'm free is the weekend. That one in particular drove me mad as my work entailed moving often.

i went downstairs on a Christmas morning and was shocked to see Santa did not eat the cookies but had 2 Budweiser beers out of the fridge.

I crept downstairs on a Christmas morning & was shocked to see Santa eating my mother. To this day, I've never been able to bring myself to tell my father... :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Well, we put milk & cookies out for Father Christmas. I really should stop doing that now I'm all growed up. :Buddy1:

Peace. :25:

you mean father christmas isnt real? :MonkeyFight:

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

• 4 weeks later...

thats a very good move if youre in a sticky situation like getting robbed or ganged up

• 4 months later...

There's a very loopy TG that lives in south London, who if she see's so much as a fly passing by, believes someone is talking about her & that fly or whatever

is not looking for a bit of doggy doo to land on. But is duty bound to warn her about this gossip! She tells everybody about this so I think quite often folk very possibly are.

I'm not talking about a particulary young TG either or one who's new to living in the west. Must be a whole swarm of them around her right now! BZZZZZ!

• 1 month later...

my thai wife is scared of ghosts more than anything. she says all thai people believe in ghosts. They actually put food and drinks out for them.

Have you not seen the Spirit Houses (San Phra Phum) that sit outside of most Thai homes? This is to give the spirits a house of their own so they'll be happy and not upset your home.

And besides that they make excellent bird tables.