IGNORED

Facebook Why does it appear in a Topic on PA?

Roverman

I was reading my trip report just now and looked at the bottom of the page where it shows who is reading the post.

I saw this...........

7 User(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Roverman,CheapChalee,justcruzing1,Facebook,scguy,zoolander1966,drealm,Lions Pow

When you hover the cursor over a members name it tells you the time someone was reading the post. It says 7 members are looking so what the fuck is Facebook doing being the 8th name on here????

1/ Why does the name FACEBOOK not show a time?

2/ What does it mean?

3/ Is it just someones user name and a bit of a bug not showing the time?

4/ Is this report directly linked to a face book page?

Some answers from a MOD would bve good please.

Cheers.

When you see someone without a smile give them one of yours!

http://www.newzealand.com

I dont trust Facebook myself... They put you in the spotlight, what if your families, wives, ex-wives or girfiends find your pictures linked to this forum, you can kiss your future trip goodbye...

I would prefer that the forum not use facebook functionality myself.

I am not facebook savy!!.

I dont understand whats going on.

does this mean someone from facebook is checking out my report?

I imagine 'FACEBOOK' is some sort of dummy user allowing the 'share this topic to facebook' functionality to work correctly.

Either that or it's relaying pictures of your hairy ass banging your latest BF to mummy and daddy :001_Thank_You5:.

No, Facebook, Google, Yahoo...most of the data whoring web entities now scour forums, it's mostly harmless. My complaint is the "Like" and "Facebook" icons. I don't want to EVER share PA on my facebook account, even if lightning strikes and something screwy happens, I don't ever ever ever want that to happen.

The only way that data can be shared between this site and your Facebook account is if you have either joined the forum using Facebook connect (allowing Addicts to pull username, email and password information from Facebook) or you have linked your account on the forum with your Facebook account which you would do on your forum settings page.

If neither of those is true then you have nothing to worry about.

The only way that data can be shared between this site and your Facebook account is if you have either joined the forum using Facebook connect (allowing Addicts to pull username, email and password information from Facebook) or you have linked your account on the forum with your Facebook account which you would do on your forum settings page.

If neither of those is true then you have nothing to worry about.

Sorry to be a pain but I dont have a facebook account.

I was wondering WHY FACEBOOK appears.

I am concerned that non members can access my photos and do what they like with them.

Ok I take the risk with PA members but how many of them are there compared to people with face book accounts....if you know what I mean?

guests can read posts, just google one of the topics ..

facebook is evil .. they have cunning javascript stuff running which monitors what other pages your visiting! google is also evil! they even got caught monitoring peoples wifi connections via their streetview data gathering!

never ever presume your online identities cant be linked up .. it almost always can be given enough effort, you can make it harder but ultimately their are footprints everywhere!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

It depends where you post your photos... If you post them in the open forum then anyone can access them, if you post them in the members forum only members can access them, if you post them in advanced only advanced can access them...

All regardless of whether you or anyone else has a Facebook account.

It depends where you post your photos... If you post them in the open forum then anyone can access them, if you post them in the members forum only members can access them, if you post them in advanced only advanced can access them...

All regardless of whether you or anyone else has a Facebook account.

Yep I get that thanks....so

Why was facebook appearing?...

Is it facebook themselves or

Just some random person linking in through facebook?

Again sorry to annoy you!.

I noticed this for a while as well and thought "Boy, that BM Facebook sure is active on the forums" until I waved my cursor over it and it would not link!

Fuck Facebook, that is some scary Big Brother shit!!!!!! :) :) :FYI1:

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

Hell, I just refreshed the page and guess who showed up??

1 User(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. BigBangkokTheory,
  2. Facebook

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

I've just looked this is what it is showing now. Never noticed it before.

1 User(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Al.,
  • Facebook

Al.

They only appear when someone clicks the "like" button. They do not copy over data or store it. Your threads are safe.