Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Australian television

tlcwaterfall

Have now happily retired in LOS but miss my favourite Australian tv shows.

Any Aussies here or other nationalities that are watching Aussie tv from Thailand?

If you are how are you doing this, by use of VPN or other ways?

Any helpful replies are appreciated?

Well we get the ABC Asia/Pacific, it's on most cable TVs I've come across at apartments & hotels throughout Thailand. I watch it often and it's very good, get the ABC news, plenty of quiz shows, weekly serials, some educational stuff, some movies & documentaries, and of course sports, which dominate the weekends. Between ABC, Fox & Aljazeera you'll get a very good cross section of current events & daily news.

Well we get the ABC Asia/Pacific, it's on most cable TVs I've come across at apartments & hotels throughout Thailand. I watch it often and it's very good, get the ABC news, plenty of quiz shows, weekly serials, some educational stuff, some movies & documentaries, and of course sports, which dominate the weekends. Between ABC, Fox & Aljazeera you'll get a very good cross section of current events & daily news.

Thank you for your help. Already watch Australia network and it does indeed offer some good programs.

It does not however offer all of the shows that I would like to watch. So I am interested if anyone from Australia who is now living here is watching Australian channels over the internet with the aid of a proxy or VPN or indeed by another method.

Many Americans and English expats currently watch television from their respective countries by these methods.

So interested if any Aussies are doing the same and if so how are they doing it?

Thank you for your help. Already watch Australia network and it does indeed offer some good programs.

It does not however offer all of the shows that I would like to watch. So I am interested if anyone from Australia who is now living here is watching Australian channels over the internet with the aid of a proxy or VPN or indeed by another method.

Many Americans and English expats currently watch television from their respective countries by these methods.

So interested if any Aussies are doing the same and if so how are they doing it?

I've tried watching TV via internet in Thailand but seems the internet access is not good enough, that's my experience anyway, everything too damn slow, but if others are having success at it then I'd like to know more too. So I'll keep an eye on this thread and see how it develops.

Cheers, that looks interesting and not expensive either.

Cheers guys also wanted to know names and how many hotels heve the network australia tv on its cable service as I will be in pattaya all of july.Thanks for any help.

Cheers guys also wanted to know names and how many hotels heve the network australia tv on its cable service as I will be in pattaya all of july.Thanks for any help.

I think virtually all of them would have it, if the hotel has cable TV, then odds are they'll have the ABC channel. I can't vouch for every hotel in Patts but I've stayed at many and they've all had it.

You could try a service like http://www.AustralianTelevision.info .

Thank you for the link. Have checked it out and seems very good.

Have you or anyone you know actually used it and if so what is your opinion of the service?

Reliable, fast speed, easy to set up and use etc?

I think virtually all of them would have it, if the hotel has cable TV, then odds are they'll have the ABC channel. I can't vouch for every hotel in Patts but I've stayed at many and they've all had it.

When you say abc channel does that also mean I get rugby League and afl.cheers.

When you say abc channel does that also mean I get rugby League and afl.cheers.

On Australia network you do get A.F.L and Rugby as well as other Australian shows.

They also have a website australianetwork.com

On Australia network you do get A.F.L and Rugby as well as other Australian shows.

They also have a website australianetwork.com

Thanks mate.Look forward to watching rugby league when I arrive in July.

torrents from tvteam have oz tv shows

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

• 1 month later...

^I don't mind the old Australia Network. It's not like home with a lot of choices but you get the basics.

Where else could you get a game of AFL or ARL with no bloody ads? The news is certainly better than a lot other English-speaking networks.

You might want to go to the ABC website where you can download lots of stuff.

^I don't mind the old Australia Network. It's not like home with a lot of choices but you get the basics.

Where else could you get a game of AFL or ARL with no bloody ads? The news is certainly better than a lot other English-speaking networks.

You might want to go to the ABC website where you can download lots of stuff.

Some good sites to look at and download stuff from.

diwana.org (Has a multitude of Australian and New Zealand shows.)

aus.sierules.com (Aussie rules content.)

I have tried both and quality is excellent.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

• 3 weeks later...

There are a few Optus satelites up there. The optus C1 is the satelite that foxtel uses for Australia. I'd say you'd be able to pick it up from Thailand. You'd need a set top box (easy to buy). The hard part would be unblocking the signal. As foxtel doesn't provide an international service you'd have to hack into it the naughty way. Would be worth asking to one of the cable tv guys in Thailand.

Then you could watch Home and Away and Neighbours everyday!!!!