IGNORED

Yet another Visa (Tourist) question

altec123

I applied for and received a double entry tourist visa in February of this year. I traveled to Thailand at the end of February and returned the first of may and did get a 30 day extension. I am going to return in August for another extended trip, as I want to be there when my son is born. Will the second entry still be good or should I get another tourist visa or a non-immigrant visa. When it was issued in February, the Thai Embassy here in DC knew that I was not going to return until sometime in August. I had to explain why I did not have a travel itinerary for my second entry.

As long as your visa is not expired youre able to use that second entry.

I assume that, when you returned in May, you entered Thailand on the '30 day exemption rule', therefore didn't activate the 2nd entry of your tourist VISA.

I've only had a single entry but there should be a date stamped on your visa stamp in your passport with the words 'This VISA must be activated on or before...'. I was given 6 months from issue to activate mine. Maybe there are 2 dates for each entry on yours? I would be interested to know actually.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

I assume that, when you returned in May, you entered Thailand on the '30 day exemption rule', therefore didn't activate the 2nd entry of your tourist VISA.

I've only had a single entry but there should be a date stamped on your visa stamp in your passport with the words 'This VISA must be activated on or before...'. I was given 6 months from issue to activate mine. Maybe there are 2 dates for each entry on yours? I would be interested to know actually.

Peace. :001_Thank_You5:

I entered Thailand on February 18th on the first entry on my visa and then went to Jomtein to get a 30 day extension. I departed on May 2nd. The visa says that I must enter before May 17th, which I did on the first entry. There is only one entry date on the visa. I am not sure if the second entry is still good. I guess I should just call the Embassy and see if I can get a live person on the phone.

Good idea! Please let us know the outcome.

Peace. :001_Thank_You5:

sgu_banner.gif

Good idea! Please let us know the outcome.

Peace. :GiveBeer1:

I went to the Thai Embassy in DC today and my second entry on my February visa is still good. I "activated" the visa by making my first entry before the visa expiration date. They were really friendly and helpful. Now the only thing I need to do is get additional pages in my passport and I am ready to go.

I am just about willing to bet money that when you arrive in LOS on that 2nd entry they will not accept it & you'll get a VOA of 30days.

I asked the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Laos if I could get 3 entries on a tourist visa to which they told me I could, but that I'd have to use up the last entry within 90 days of the issue date of the visa.

This means if you arrive back & the expiry date on the visa says May 17th, they will not let you enter on that visa for a second time.

I know this to be true, because an acquaintance here in LOS went out too late on his 2nd entry & was only granted a VOA during his border run to Cambo.

I am surprised that the Embassy in D.C. (Death Capital) has told you it's alright to travel on the 2nd entry, but I would also understand how disconnected from Immigration they probably are.