IGNORED

Pattaya dental clinics

The Falang

Hi guys, I could really do with some advice/re-assurance....... I have booked an appointment at Pattaya Smile Dental Clinic, I will be getting several crowns, veneers, and fillings replaced... Have any of you guys used this place ? I'm really looking for some happy stories from satisfied customers/patients.. Appreciate any info you can give. Thanks in advance, Archie...

Hi guys, I could really do with some advice/re-assurance....... I have booked an appointment at Pattaya Smile Dental Clinic, I will be getting several crowns, veneers, and fillings replaced... Have any of you guys used this place ? I'm really looking for some happy stories from satisfied customers/patients.. Appreciate any info you can give. Thanks in advance, Archie...

BTW. It's in South Pattaya road..........

Can't comment on that particular dentist but I had a crown made a couple of years ago at a dental clinic in Sri Racha and I've been far from happy, nothing but trouble with the damn thing, so I'm not bothering any more, if the tooth is totally rotten then it's coming out. I'm not wasting time & money on extensive dental treatment just to have the damn thing play up again a couple years later. Fillings or Extractions is my advice. But I'm sure others will disagree.

I was going to have some dental work done in Pattaya, and one of my friends referred me to Smile Dental Clinic. He said that he had quite a bit of work done there, the prices were good, and the service was great. I was too busy that trip to get the dental work done, but I plan on going to Smile the next time I am down that way.

Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, Or who said it, Even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason, And your own common sense.--"Buddha"

Very near 2nd Road? Not in the corner, but next on the same side.

Should be ok, I have been there several times. Only place I have been so cannot compare much although.

I was going to have some dental work done in Pattaya, and one of my friends referred me to Smile Dental Clinic. He said that he had quite a bit of work done there, the prices were good, and the service was great. I was too busy that trip to get the dental work done, but I plan on going to Smile the next time I am down that way.

Thanks for that Rusty,. I just want to hear some positive stories. How long ago was your friend there ? Thanks again.... Archie

Can't comment on that particular dentist but I had a crown made a couple of years ago at a dental clinic in Sri Racha and I've been far from happy, nothing but trouble with the damn thing, so I'm not bothering any more, if the tooth is totally rotten then it's coming out. I'm not wasting time & money on extensive dental treatment just to have the damn thing play up again a couple years later. Fillings or Extractions is my advice. But I'm sure others will disagree.

Hi, sorry to hear of your bad experience, I know with dentist you can have bad experiences, thats why i was seeking good reviews of Pattaya Smile Clinic, . I dread hearing horror stories. Thanks for your imput......

Very near 2nd Road? Not in the corner, but next on the same side.

Should be ok, I have been there several times. Only place I have been so cannot compare much although.

Thanks Mike, that's re-assuring you've been happy to go back several times.......... GoldenSmile1.gif

Thanks for that Rusty,. I just want to hear some positive stories. How long ago was your friend there ? Thanks again.... Archie

I think this was about 6 months ago.

Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, Or who said it, Even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason, And your own common sense.--"Buddha"

I think this was about 6 months ago.

Cheers......Cross_Fingers.gif

I have been using the Central Pattaya Dental Center on my last 4 trips. I received two crowns (7000 bht each) on each visit and a cleaning. The Dental Center is located on Central Pattay rd. between 2nd and 3rd road. I highly recommend this place and have had great service.

I have been using the Central Pattaya Dental Center on my last 4 trips. I received two crowns (7000 bht each) on each visit and a cleaning. The Dental Center is located on Central Pattay rd. between 2nd and 3rd road. I highly recommend this place and have had great service.

Dr Smile on Pattaya Klang opposite the electricity depot.Went there 3 years ago for a crown and I've forgotten it's there.Went there this week for another crown and it feels perfect again.4000 bt.

Very nice place,very clean and good service.

Thanks Sam, How many days did it take to complete your dental work ? (crowns) . 001_Thank_You5.gif

Thankyou Sam, most responses have been positive regards dentistry i Pattaya. BTW, how many visits to complete your crowns ? And how many days in total? 001_Thank_You5.gif

Dr Smile on Pattaya Klang opposite the electricity depot.Went there 3 years ago for a crown and I've forgotten it's there.Went there this week for another crown and it feels perfect again.4000 bt.

Very nice place,very clean and good service.

Hi Kessaya, 4000 tb seems very inexpensive, the ones i'v come across average 7500 tb ! Do they have a website ? Archie...........

Hi Kessaya, 4000 tb seems very inexpensive, the ones i'v come across average 7500 tb ! Do they have a website ? Archie...........

www.drteethpattaya.com

Phone number is 038-422639

I think they do more expensive crowns with gold or silver that are around 6-7000 but the one I had is lasting well and never had any problems there,they have some trainee nurses in there who are good fun too.

www.drteethpattaya.com

Phone number is 038-422639

I think they do more expensive crowns with gold or silver that are around 6-7000 but the one I had is lasting well and never had any problems there,they have some trainee nurses in there who are good fun too.

Thanks mate, i'm not looking for gold / silver , Just ordinary tooth coloured...... Thanks for the info, i'l look them up....GoldenSmile1.gif

Thanks mate, i'm not looking for gold / silver , Just ordinary tooth coloured...... Thanks for the info, i'l look them up....GoldenSmile1.gif

No problem,happy to help.I smoke and drink coffee so my teeth aren't whiter than white,they'll show you various colours to blend in with your others,hard to tell with mine which is the crown.I went on the Monday afternoon and it was all done and fitted on Wednesday morning.

If you go be careful you choose the right shop as there's 3 dentists close together,it's the one in the middle.

Edited by Kessaya

No problem,happy to help.I smoke and drink coffee so my teeth aren't whiter than white,they'll show you various colours to blend in with your others,hard to tell with mine which is the crown.I went on the Monday afternoon and it was all done and fitted on Wednesday morning.

If you go be careful you choose the right shop as there's 3 dentists close together,it's the one in the middle.

Less than two days to complete ? i was quoted 7 days, . OH, and don't start me about smoking , i'v been stopped for 15 months and i'd still kill for one. That's for another thread.......... Thanks for advice, Archie, Attitude.gif

Sorry I took so long to reply. It takes about a week for the crown. They put in a temporary first and install the real one once it arrives. They are even open until the evening hours. One time when I had the temp in, I forgot about it and flossed my teeth. The temp came loose. I called the clinic and they took me in right away. They completed the repairs at no charge. They do it all there.

Sorry I took so long to reply. It takes about a week for the crown. They put in a temporary first and install the real one once it arrives. They are even open until the evening hours. One time when I had the temp in, I forgot about it and flossed my teeth. The temp came loose. I called the clinic and they took me in right away. They completed the repairs at no charge. They do it all there.

Thanks Sam,. Regarding the temp crown........ Providing i don't go down on a BG, (or floss). GoldenSmile1.gif. Are you saying,,,, it will not look out of place for the week the temp is in ? I can, eat , drink, smile, etc, . Thanks for you're re-assurance. Archie...

I had a crown made at what I thought was Dr Smile Clinic, but that is in Pattaya Tai almost directly opposite Tuckom, but anyway it was very cheap by Aussie standards, if I remember rightly around 7,000 Baht, all up took 2 or 3 days with a temp while I waited for the crown.

On my next trip home to Oz I made a trip to my regular dentist and he was very impressed by the quality of it, so much so, he said I could do with a couple of other crowns and If I could get the same dentist to do them, then go get them done, he reckoned he couldn't even entertain doing them for less that A$1,200 each, done here for around A$250, bargain.

I was offered 3 levels of quality when I had it done, only difference is the quality of the metal in the attachment part of it, they said that the cheapest version can actually rust in time, I took the middle option, surgical SS, 3rd option was Titanium.

Final word on Thai dentist clinics, I have now been into the same place 4 times for various things and I have been attended to by 4 different dentists, 1 male, 3 female. I am of the belief that most of the actual Dentists work freelance and the clinics are merely a shop front, set up by non dentists, could be wrong though that's what it seems to me.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

The temp crown will not look out of place. Every time I have been to the Central Pattaya Dental Center, the same Doctor is there. She is very cute and speaks English.

B K Dental just south of the Oais, has been real good.