IGNORED

Dr. Belen Medical Clinic

Slacker

I thought I'd post this in case anyone found themselves in need of non-emergency medical treatment on their trip. Last September I caught a very bad stomach bug and apart from the obvious symptoms, I couldn't even keep water down for 5 days. This lady was recommended by the Sabai Lodge reception staff and they phoned her on my behalf.

Dr Belen turned up with a nurse within half an hour. I got a check-up, 2 injections, numerous tablets to cover all eventualities, an IV to re-hydrate and a follow-up call the next morning with the offer of a further IV. I don't think I would have made my flight home without the assistance given. Excellent English spoken with very clear advice. One to make a note of.

Dr. Belen Phangmuangdee M.D

370/37-38 Soi Sukruedee

Pattaya Road 2

Pattaya City 20260

Tel: (038) 410295-7

Slacker: Same recommendations from me. Had a hotel room visit, Doctor, Nurse and Aide all meds that were required 3000THB and I was good to go. Excellent Service. Cheers T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Slacker

Good Post... What did it cost? Did the doc provide a recipt that was acceptable to your travel insurance?

I'm staying in the same hotel, and it's nice to know that they've got a good Doc on call.

Thanks

Murgatroyd

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Cap'n: Yes they supply receipts for insurance purposes. Also she asked me if I had travel insurance. I got the feeling that if I had said no the price may have been different. Price was 3000THB last November Cheers Ted

I caught dysentary a few years ago after eating at

an indian place on beach road.

After you've realised you've got food poisoning

go to a hospital while you have the strength.

The sooner the doctor see's you the better.

I went toBangkok Pattaya hospital, cost was

about what you paid 2-3000 baht for everything.

Doc Belen has a reputation amongst the lads here as the 'clap queen' .

I guess her closeness to Soi6 gets her plenty of practice and she seems to be spot on with diagnosis and treatment of those nasty little bugs you might get there if you arn't carefull enough !

It's just what I've heard , of course! :P

And for all us retired US Military she and her husband do TRICARE

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

I had to use her services this January. Bad food poisioning. Was well looked after and felt better by that afternoon.

Would recommend with hesitation.

However I did think it a bit different to see her dog walking around the clinic. Just not used to it.

English was not a problem and felt very comfortable. Was amazed at how quickly test results came back too. I Canada it would have taken days not hours.

Total cost for everything was only 3000 baht.

Seems to be her standard fee for a case of Bankok Belly/Thailand tummy/Pattaya Pain

Slacker

Good Post... What did it cost? Did the doc provide a recipt that was acceptable to your travel insurance?

I'm staying in the same hotel, and it's nice to know that they've got a good Doc on call.

Thanks

Murgatroyd

My total was about 3500 Baht...a bit more than others have quoted, but I did get an IV to rehydrate. Boy ! - was I in need after 5 days of no fluids in September !! A receipt was supplied, but the deductable on my medical insurance was £50 !