IGNORED

Skype cancel unlimited country for Thailand...

Skype have just removed Thailand from it's 'Unlimited Country' plan. I suppose £3.50 a month for unlimited calls, to mobiles too, was unsustainable. :Cool_Pics:

Apparently current subscribers aren't affected, but lots of confusion on the forum. Oh & they have developed a convenient 'bug' in their system, so that current subscribers aren't having their subscription renewed. :Circle_Sharks:

http://forum.skype.com/topic/608023-withdraws-thailand-from-unlimited-country/

Peace. :Greetings9:

sgu_banner.gif

stopprd using scrape year ago they pull all sorts of dirty tricks

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

I switched to magicjack (.com). Call anywhere, any phone in the world for peanuts. Plug into your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

I switched to magicjack (.com). Call anywhere, any phone in the world for peanuts. Plug into your computer.

Is this magicjack somethink like skype? I'm pretty bored with it and looking for an alternative.

Laptop gadgets

chinabuye.com is your credible choice

Well, good news, at least for me. :P

As I am an existing subscriber, they will allow me to continue under the old plan. :Macarena:

The new plans are frankly laughable. 60 minutes per month for £4.17 (6.9p/min) or 180 minutes per month for £8.03 (6.67p/m).

https://buy.skype.com/paymonthly/#TH

Also, the 'bug' in their repayment system is still causing problems for many people. Some of them have moved over to Localphone & seem happy with it. If you use their VOIP you pay 0.7p/m. Not great, but wipes the floor with Skype's new 'special offers'.

http://www.localphone.com/call/thailand

Peace. :Cry3:

sgu_banner.gif

I've only just signed up and they let me renew for £2.95 on the 1st June ! However the service is a bit patchy, so maybe they're trying to tell me something after all ?

I've only just signed up and they let me renew for £2.95 on the 1st June ! However the service is a bit patchy, so maybe they're trying to tell me something after all ?

HMMM!!! Strange. Were you an existing customer? Skype have stated that existing customers can sign up to the old plans up to 30 days after their subscriptions have expired.

After May 6th is was not possible to take out any of the previous 'unlimited' plans. Indeed, existing customers are having a nightmare trying to renew their plans.

I agree about the service! I was talking to my GF today when it cut off. 10 redials later, I still could not hear her, even though she could hear me; I had to spend a scandalous 30p from my mobile to find out. :Chokdee:

I called her 1 hour later & all was well; for 3 HOURS!!! Can't complain about 150B for 10 000 minutes really. :Greetings9:

Peace. :CatDance1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Give icall a look see - www.icall.com

I use the freebie - can call any home or cellphone in north america and talk 5 minutes for free - unlimited times. Anyone can call me on my computer and i can talk as long as i want for free. Sometimes (weekends) it's hard to get through but i imagine the paid service is better. They just came out with a new beta that includes HD video chat.

HMMM!!! Strange. Were you an existing customer? Skype have stated that existing customers can sign up to the old plans up to 30 days after their subscriptions have expired.

After May 6th is was not possible to take out any of the previous 'unlimited' plans. Indeed, existing customers are having a nightmare trying to renew their plans.

I've just checked my inbox...signed-up (first time) on May 3rd and renewed on June 1st. I don't know if I got lucky or not, as I'm still having issues with their service. I've also encountered the 'one-way' service when they can hear you, but blissful silence the other end. It's irritating in this day and age when something doesn't work smoothly, but I agree that it's hard to get too annoyed for £3 a month.

Actually never had any problem with skype. But this is bad indeed. As calling to Thailand is the only thing I really ever use skype for. On the other hand I've had it for a few years now so I'm safe for the moment. just wonder how long they will allow old customers to keep calling for free.

..................................... I'm still having issues with their service. I've also encountered the 'one-way' service when they can hear you, but blissful silence the other end. It's irritating in this day and age when something doesn't work smoothly, but I agree that it's hard to get too annoyed for £3 a month.

P'm out in the sticks using a dongle and it's hopeles, but all through VietNam and at internet shops in town it's excellent.

• 1 month later...

I found an alternative. $3.95 for unlimited calls to Thailand landline & mobiles. If someone signs up, please let me know how the service is.

http://cheapvoip.com/en/index.html#

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

• 1 month later...

I had skype unlimited worldwide call for £7.99 but changed to truphone when skype stopped doing Thailand in their deal to LOS. Now l use truphone on my lpod touch . It's dropped to £7.99 now l think .lt's not as good as skype but OK

Skype have come to their senses now (a bit). They now offer:

60 minutes @ £1.13

120 minutes @ £2.17

400 minutes @ £6.65

Not as good as 10000 minutes @ £3.50, but a huge improvement on what they were offering just after they scrapped their unlimited plan.

http://buy.skype.com/paymonthly/#TH

They're also offering 20% off all yearly subscriptions if you sign up before 15 Sept.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

My Skype country unlimited for Thailand has just been renewed today, had it on auto payment, no problem, got 12 months for 30.45 pounds works out at 2.53 a month

My skype package included unlimited calls to Thailand, and I only got it 2 months ago.

My skype package included unlimited calls to Thailand, and I only got it 2 months ago.

It's available again but only with the world package £10 a month.

Thai <-> English translations. 100% anonymous and confidential. Cheap rates. Paypal accepted. Email Lek on "[email protected]"