Sign in to follow this  
chickenlou

Action in Burma

chickenlou

I'm going to be in Burma for about a week at the end of the year after hearing good reports from a fellow monger(since lost contact)and was wondering if anyone had any info on it. He did say it was really difficult to get outside Yangoon. Cheers

el festo

i done visa at mae-sai north thailand,its a dive the burma side,

the rifles are bigger than the soldiers,but its good for doing your visa

Big Koala

did he mean difficult to go outside Yangon or difficult to find girls outside Yangon?

its simple to travel outside Yangon, there are no restrictions to all the main tourist areas.

take a bus or a plane or a train.

bus travel is simply awful, shocking roads and crappy buses, incredibly slow.

Burmese people are wonderful, i love the country, it is actually a Buddhist country unlike Thailand.

Personally i would actively discourage anything that turns it into a mongering country,

you don't need it there with Thailand next door.

i recommend that you enjoy the country as a tourist and get to know some people,

with luck you have a far more memorable time than just screwing a few unfortunate prostitutes.

that said........

all entertainment closes at midnight.

none of the girl type places cater for foreigners, but you would be welcome, but probably out of place with language problems etc.

there is not a lot, recent years have seen a big increase in karaoke bars.

the only nightclub in Yangon full of girls for hire i knew of was opposite Thein Gyi market.

there are maybe 2 other more normal nightclubs at a few hotels but i believe you can find girls there too.

there are very few bars, ABC bar in central Yangon is ok for music and beer,

Mr. Guitar in Bahan Township is a long standing local flavour nice bar.

Outside Yaangon i have no idea about girls for hire,

undoubtedly there must be brothels for Burmese men but i have no knowledge of them.

In Mandalay, Inle Lake, Bagan, Chaunghta Beach, Napali Beach, Maymyo etc. there are no western style bars at all.

So you wanna join my "Save Burma from Mongers" campaign??????

seriously Burma is a treasure that should be protected.

chickenlou

Cheers Big Koala, that's kind of what I was told. I'm going for a bit of sightseeing firstly but am partial to a spot of karaoke at times!!

I take it you wouldn't recommend the beach resorts for nightlife then. What's the food like, is it more Indian?

jakestevernson

I am also going to Burma so thanks for the info Chicknelou, I guess I will have to keep the fun to Thailand.

Anyone else have any info? Massages?

jakestevernson

Come on boys.

Bam_Bam

As I said in another post, get your arse into a cab in Rangon, cost US$1 and ask him to take you to Emperor Night Club, it's what they refer to as a Fashion Show, stay there long enough and you will see why.

There was a couple of cuties in there, had one that grabbed my hand in the dim light, never actually looked a her until I had sat down and had a look around, nice surprise when I finally did, not a beautiful face more like pleasant, but what a body and what a fuck, fantastic.

2nd night I went to get her I was a bit pissy and couldn't finish the job, got up for a pee around 6 am and hopped back into bed and was spooning her, she turned around, barred me up and fucked me senseless.

:Circle_Sharks:

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam

Anokanite

Be careful of the ice or you won't care about anything but the toilet. Went to Mandalay rick-shaw driver said no place in Mandalay for meeting girls, by the 1st night I was sick with disentary. Took tour next day of three villages

had them take me back after two. Got out as much as could, But I think it was the ice in a fruit drink that got me. Just be careful and avoid ice, I saw some good shows, the live show was better than the puppet's IMHO.

jakestevernson

so what are the prices at emperor?

jasonbalmer

so what are the prices at emperor?

When I was there in Feb 2010, 20,000 to 30,000 kyat LT depending on the usual (how hot she thinks she is, how ugly she thinks you are, how close to rent time, etc ...)

jakestevernson

Thanks Jason

jakestevernson

As a result of the lack of info, I think some members should step up and research Burma and add their reports, places, prices, etc. I will add mine after the summer.

chickenlou

As a result of the lack of info, I think some members should step up and research Burma and add their reports, places, prices, etc. I will add mine after the summer.

Looking forward to your report Jake, hope it helps with my trip at New Year. Cheers

HappyTravelling

Even Mandalay is difficult. Had my rikhaw driver once set me up there with somebody who has connections, girls were not really pretty, needed time to warm up (obviously never been with a caucasian before and extremely limited english). Cost is a factor too: $25 all night + hotel ($15) + joiner fee ($5).

Police watches what's going on, so everybody is extremely cautious.

Edited by HappyTravelling

Gator001

Its a little old but still fairly current as to best places to go

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/30192-myanmar/

Highlander

When I was there in Feb 2010, 20,000 to 30,000 kyat LT depending on the usual (how hot she thinks she is, how ugly she thinks you are, how close to rent time, etc ...)

Sorry mate, have you got your decimal place wrong as 20,000 Kyat's is a lot of money in Aussie dollars $3437.18

Live rates at 2010.08.11 05:29:00 UTC

20,000.00 MMK = 3,437.18 AUD charticon.png Myanmar Kyats Australia Dollars 1 MMK = 0.171859 AUD 1 AUD = 5.81872 MMK

Cheap Money Transfers. Click here!!

jasonbalmer

Sorry mate, have you got your decimal place wrong as 20,000 Kyat's is a lot of money in Aussie dollars $3437.18

Live rates at 2010.08.11 05:29:00 UTC

20,000.00 MMK = 3,437.18 AUD charticon.png Myanmar Kyats Australia Dollars 1 MMK = 0.171859 AUD 1 AUD = 5.81872 MMK

Cheap Money Transfers. Click here!!

Highlander,

You're using the official govt rate which usually hovers around 6 Kyat to the US$. Absolutely no one (in their right mind at least) exchanges at this rate. Typical unofficial rate is in the neighborhood of 1000 Kyat to the US$.

20,000 Kyat is about US$20 in real life.

Gator001

Highlander,

You're using the official govt rate which usually hovers around 6 Kyat to the US$. Absolutely no one (in their right mind at least) exchanges at this rate. Typical unofficial rate is in the neighborhood of 1000 Kyat to the US$.

100% correct

You buy all kyat on the market no one uses official rate

Highlander

Highlander,

Thanks for that, I guess you learn a new thing every day.

I wonder how many people have been misled like that simply by not knowing what really happens.

Nailgun

What`s the deal with visas?

I`m thinking about a 3 day trip to Rangoon in february.

chusky

At this time, VOA (visa on arrival) is not available, so you should check your closest Myanmar embassy to issue a visa, or maybe do the process in Bangkok, where it only takes one or two days... but you have to get up really early in the morning to avoid queues... and I don't know if it worth for you. Mongering in Nana or Cowboy and getting up early don't match really well.. :Grin3:

Anyhow, in my case I'm going to Burma in April, and I'm planning to issue the visa through one the Myanmar embassies in Europe.

:Bye5: :Bye5:

kbrainr

Currently the exchange rate is 850 kyats to the US dollar.

In Yangon you can check out the ladies at any of the following places. There are lots of very nice ones there.

Music Room at Park Royal hotel

Paddy O'Malley's bar at Sedona hotel

JJ's

DJ Bar

V6

Emperor

Palace

Just as in Pattaya, some close and others open at different times.

Rates can go from $25 to $40 for ST/LT, up to you and the lady.

There are great bars in hotels and other places that offer happy hours, sports on TV, and then there are many karaoke bars.

Do sightseeing by day and entertainment at night.

chusky

Hi kbrainr, thanks for your fresh news. I'm planning my April trip to Burma, and I was wondering if there's any massage parlour in Yangon similar to the ones in Thailand, or at least with happy endings or some kind of "extras"...

:Thanks3: in advance!

kbrainr

Most of the massages you get in Yangon are traditional. Some do foot massage and massage through clothing, but there are a couple of locations that I have found where you are asked whether you want a "special" massage after an oil massage. How much is offered is up to the individual lady, but most at these places will offer a happy ending. Try the Grand Mee Ya Hta Executive Residence or Yangon hotel. There might be others, but these are the two that I have had great massages and extras.

Keep in mind, there is nowhere like Pattaya!

chusky

:001_Thank_You5:

I'm staying at Traders hotel so Grand Mee Ya Hta looks terrific for my afternoon entertaiment. Just a really short walk...

I'll make a report once back. Counting the days..