IGNORED

Thai Language Books For Sale

pubstud

I have the following books on learning the Thai language, plus some general books about Thailand, for sale. I am open to offers on any or all of these books. If you are interested in any items then PM me with offers. Do not ask me “how much do you want for..?.” just make me a reasonable offer and I’ll get back to you.

1. Isan - Thai - English Dictionary, compiled by Preecha Phinthong. Very rare dictionary, considered by scholars to be the best dictionary of the Isan dialects. In excellent near Mint condition. Hardcover.

2. The Fundamentals Of The Thai Language (5th Edition) by Stuart Campbell & Chuan Shaweevongs. Very old copy that’s had a lot of use, various owners have made notes in the columns of many pages. Nonetheless it’s complete and in fair condition and can give good service for many more years to come. Hardcover.

3. New Model English-Thai Dictionary by So Sethaputra. One of the best English-Thai dictionaries ever. In very good condition. Hardcover.

4. New Model Thai-English Dictionary by So Sethaputra. One of the best Thai-English dictionaries ever. In very good condition. Some notes have been made in pencil. Hardcover.

5. AUA Language Center Thai Course Reading And Writing. Text (mostly reading) by J. Marvin Brown. Hard to find and in Mint condition. One of the best Thai reading and writing courses ever, that teaches the student to read Thai handwriting and write like a Thai.

6. AUA Language Center Thai Course Reading And Writing. Workbook (mostly writing) by J. Marvin Brown. Hard to find and in Mint condition. One of the best Thai reading and writing courses ever, that teaches the student to read Thai handwriting and write like a Thai.

7. Foreign Words Are Pronounced The Same As Thai Words by Abha Bhamorabutr. Interesting booklet covering words in the Thai language that have been absorbed from other languages. Excellent condition. Now very hard to find.

8. Making Out In Thai by John Clewley. Interesting booklet from 1994 that covers vocabulary necessary for dating and flirting with Thais. Excellent condition.

9. The AUA Natural Approach 1 by J. Marvin Brown. Worksheets 1 - 19 of the AUA Natural Approach Course. With cassette tape. Virtually impossible to get hold of today, and in very good condition.

10. Hello My Big Honey by Dave Walker and Richard S. Ehrlich. A fun read collection of letters written by Thai bargirls to the foreign boyfriends. Excellent condition.

11. Retiring In Thailand by Sunisa Wongdee & Philip Bryce. Interesting & helpful book covering many aspects of living in Thailand. Excellent condition.

12. Hill Tribes In The North Of Thailand: The Meo by Dhamaraso Bhikkhu & Virojano Bhikkhu. Very rare. Impossible to find these days. This booklet dates from 1977 and has many interesting photos of Meo people in their villages. Good condition.

#1.JPG

#2.JPG

#3.JPG

#4.JPG

#5.JPG

#6.JPG

#7.JPG

#8.JPG

#9.JPG

#10.JPG

#11.JPG

#12.JPG

Any chance of seeing the books, if your interested I am in my bookshop everyday.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Any chance of seeing the books, if your interested I am in my bookshop everyday.

OK, I'm not currently in Pattaya but do go there frequently, so next trip down if I still have the books I drop by and show you. The 3 dictionaries have now gone but I still have the rest.

• 10 years later...

I realize this post is from 2010--but hopefully you still have these books. Wondering about the Isan-Thai-English. Willing to pay $85 + shipping to the USA. Otherwise, you can ship to my address in Thailand and will get it when I visit next. 

Many years ago I bought a book that had a DVD with it for learning Thai. I found it invaluable to hear the correct pronunciation and tones