Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Royal Twin Palace and Royal Palace Hotel

fly

My first time in Pattaya I stayed at the Royal Twin Palace hotel. I've been surfing this forum and decided to search for it and nothing - same with Royal Palace Hotel. So I'm guessing they both suck lol

I'm going again in 17 days and want to try something else.Is there another hotel near Royal Twin Palace that is better? I really liked the area that it was at, near the Ripleys Mall and Beach road. :LMAO1:

So what was the Royal Twins place like then ????

Any info or pics ????

:LMAO1:

stayed at both of them about 5 years ago,they had a deal where you pay x ammount think it was 350 baht for a membership and got a big dicount on the rooms,even staying a week paid for itself5 x's over,the membership lasts for a year,get a plastic card and valid at both hotels.

do they still do that ?

My first time in Pattaya I stayed at the Royal Twin Palace Hotel. I've been surfing this forum and decided to search for it and nothing - same with Royal Palace Hotel. So I'm guessing they both suck lol

I'm going again in 17 days and want to try something else.Is there another hotel near Royal Twin Palace that is better? I really liked the area that it was at, near the Ripleys Mall and Beach road. :P

staying there next week, 1200 b with breakfast as long as you purchase the membership card 350 b.. pool area has not long been referbished..

hav"nt stayed there for a few years but called in at xmas to take a look.. cant go wrong for the money and a great location...

With membership card, I paid 1000 bt without breakfast (needless as I wake up afternoon while in Pattaya). Standard service and of course guest friendly. Rooms have been refurnished in Royal Twins. Good value for money IMHO.

Edited by Steeve69

• 3 weeks later...

So what was the Royal Twins place like then ????

Any info or pics ????

:GoldenSmile1:

I have only seen the pics on Agoda and they did not look that bad.

What is wrong with that place that it doesn't get too much coverage?

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

Its a nice hotel.I stay there for 11 nights and i don't have any discount about that.I became a member i stay in deluxe room with price 2100 and with the member card is going to 1700.Good breakfast, i always put the alarm clock because i don't want to lose it.If you want to take your companion with you is free.And there is a security guy

There are discussions about Royal Twins as I had put posts on it.

I stayed there for yeeeeeeeears until they started putting prices up. I started looking around and realised that there is MUCH better hotels available for the price.

I would say August Suites is the new Royal Twins, in that they have great foyer and pool and I would say the rooms are far superior to the rather dates RT's.

Also, RT started charging 300 baht per guest into the room, they haven't been renovated for 20 years, so they are having a laugh.

Just my opinion

• 5 months later...

I stayed there last weekend, and they have obviously reduced their prices from those described above. I paid 1,372 on Agoda - which is a pretty good bargain in my books. Also, there was no hint of joiner fees, they were very GF although they make guests fill out a form in triplicate - something I have never come across before!

Generally it was quite good. In short:

Up sides are:

• The location is superb - in between Walking Street and LK Metro, both are within comfortable walking distance
  • Reasonable size rooms, with carpets - a rarity in Pattaya!
  • Large fridge in the room
  • Generally very clean and good service
  • Good views from the upper floors - it is one of the tallest buildings in Pattaya

Down sides are:

• Gloomy decor. It hasn't been renovated in many years. It is perfectly clean and functional, but it does have a 70s brown vibe
  • Shower over a bathtub - one of my pet hates, I really like a proper walk-in shower, preferably with a separate bath
  • No in-room safe. Unforgivable these days

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain