IGNORED

Learning Thai

I think Thai language is one of the toughest languages in the world to learn because of all the crazy tones. I think I have figured out a great way to learn Thai language.

Check out this blog on learning Thai phrases and Thai vocabulary. The explainations and videos make things so much easier!

Surf around the site...there is a ton of free information!

www.easythaidictionary.com

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me.

[email protected]

post-35839-127432371778_thumb.jpg

I think Thai language is one of the toughest languages in the world to learn because of all the crazy tones. I think I have figured out a great way to learn Thai language.

Check out this blog on learning Thai phrases and Thai vocabulary. The explainations and videos make things so much easier!

[email protected]

There's no easy way to learn a second language as an adult. None.

no way of cheating

got do some school time

learn the words

write the letters and numbers

only if make it fun

it seems to become easyer

not a chore

For the first two years I was in Thailand I hardly picked up any Thai at all, nothing much beyond the basic stuff everybody knows. Then in utter frustration I made a big push. I ate, slept, lived, breathed Thai for about 3 months. I taught myself the basic alphabet, carried language books with me to the bars and got free lessons from the gals. It worked because my skills shot up rapidly and I was soon having lengthy conversations in Thai. I think that's how it is with everything - learning a language or a musical instrument, you need total immersion to get fast and good results.

[email protected]

people blow the 'tone' thing completely out of proportion if you ask me.

Many times when speaking to a Thai and we use the wrong tone the Thai can guess what you mean by the context, but not always, and often using the wrong tone totally bamboozles the Thai as they hear something vastly different from what you intend. However, I think it's not wise to place too much attention on tones to start with as you'll only make it too difficult and probably give up. The correct tones will come in time with frequent use of the language, so my advice is worry about them later, get some vocabulary first.

• 2 weeks later...

Professor,

This is advertising - you are trying to sell us your dvds.

I agree with Astroboy, There is a business owners section, speak to a mod about it... As I believe this is against rules.