IGNORED

Thailand Tourist FAQ

US-Farang

Awesome information. Thanks for your time to write all these.

I would like to know if all these infos are still up to date, because It seems it's been 1 and a half year since the first post on this thread.

And there is one more thing I would like to ask, (excuse me if I missed the answer to my question on the previous pages)

Let's say, my country is a visa-exempt country but I still got a tourist visa from my country and get to Thailand. So, after my tourist visa expires, can I still do a visa run and enter Thailand as a visa-exempt country citizen?

In short.. Tourist visa > Tourist visa expires > Visa run > Enter as being visa-exempt. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Oh by the way, this is my first post, but I am a member for quite some time now. Soon I will introduce myself on the proper section of this awesome forum.

Cheers!

Edited by jumaru

• 1 month later...

you did a great service to us all with this visa information.

awesome info on visa's.

hello everybody craig from england here :) i know iam thick but this year was in patts for 29 days no problem with visa ! i plan to go for 59 days june/july 2012 so i gather in need tourist visa my questions are 1 when do i apply 2 were do i apply 3 how much cost (if anybody has done the same) this is for english visa thank you everybody regards craig peace and love to you all x

hello everybody craig from england here :) i know iam thick but this year was in patts for 29 days no problem with visa ! i plan to go for 59 days june/july 2012 so i gather in need tourist visa my questions are 1 when do i apply 2 were do i apply 3 how much cost (if anybody has done the same) this is for english visa thank you everybody regards craig peace and love to you all x

Hi Craig

You need a 60 day tourist visa. You can apply for this up to 90 days before travelling at any Thai consulate in the UK. There is one in Hull, Birmingham and London. There may be more. You don't have to go in person though that is possible. I'm not sure how much they cost. I think about £20 ish. Google Thai Consulate and whichever town you are near. The price will be on their websites.

EDIT

Just checked. £38 in total from Hull consulate. That includes £10 return postage fee or £10 application in person charge! They get you for a tenner either way!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I am from Romania and i will travel in january to Pattaya. I live in China now

Can you tell me if i need Visa for entering Thailand and if i have to go back to my country for getting it?

thank you mr pepe le pew very much for taking ur time for the info that was very helpfull :):):):)

I am from Romania and i will travel in january to Pattaya. I live in China now

Can you tell me if i need Visa for entering Thailand and if i have to go back to my country for getting it?

I believe Romania citizens get 15 days visa on arrival.

The Thai embassy website in Romania LINK

I would imagine you could get a longer tourist visa from the Thai Embassy or consulate nearest you in China though. Would be interesting. Let us know how you get on please.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 3 weeks later...

Pertaining to the bit about visa exemptions not being able to be extended, you might check out this website. Sure it's from the US Govt. rather than the Thais, however, it does seem like extending a visa exemption is entirely and indefinitely possible.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the post US-Farang great work!!! Raises an interesting question. I have a buddy that was going to come with me next trip but about 20 years ago he was arrested for (unauthorized use of a vehicle) in the states (felony). He was denied entry into Canada Before because of this,So I guess if you have a felony conviction he will be denied entry? It Kinda suck to travel all that way and be denied entry!!!! I guess I should tell him to send his passport in the Thai embassy for a visa at least that way he would know before we left. Has anyone here entered with a felony Conviction? or Traveled with a Buddy with one?

I have recently traveled with a buddy that has a felony conviction. Not sure if it was luck or lack of knowledge by the Thai Government and I really don't want to ask, but he had absolutely no problem. I never saw anyone ask him or I any questions related to a criminal record. We also went to P.I. and Cambodia with no problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hello i have a single entry visa already in my passport and i will travel to thailand and after i wish to visit cambodia for 3-4 days and after come back again to thailand how can i do it with single entry visa?

hello i have a single entry visa already in my passport and i will travel to thailand and after i wish to visit cambodia for 3-4 days and after come back again to thailand how can i do it with single entry visa?

Simple answer. You can't. Your visa will usually be used after the first entry so when returning from Cambodia you will get the usual 30 visa on arrival (or 15 days if land crossing?)

I'm not certain if you can ask immigration to ignore your visa when you first arrive and give you visa on arrival 30 days so you can use your single entry later. I somehow doubt they will though if I arrive with a visa I always make sure to hand them the passport with the relevant page open in case they miss it.

RULES

1NQq.gif

Simple answer. You can't. Your visa will usually be used after the first entry so when returning from Cambodia you will get the usual 30 visa on arrival (or 15 days if land crossing?)

I'm not certain if you can ask immigration to ignore your visa when you first arrive and give you visa on arrival 30 days so you can use your single entry later. I somehow doubt they will though if I arrive with a visa I always make sure to hand them the passport with the relevant page open in case they miss it.

so if i use my single entry visa when i will arrive to thailand and after i will go to cambodia will get there cambodian visa on arrival after 4-5days i will come back to thailand and get visa on arrival for 15 days (i am citizen of lithuania) it works for me?

so if i use my single entry visa when i will arrive to thailand and after i will go to cambodia will get there cambodian visa on arrival after 4-5days i will come back to thailand and get visa on arrival for 15 days (i am citizen of lithuania) it works for me?

I think so. Is your single entry visa issued to you in Lithuania?

Also I would look into arranging your Cambodia visa on line before travelling. $20 and can save a lot of hassle at the border especially if travelling overland http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

RULES

1NQq.gif

I think so. Is your single entry visa issued to you in Lithuania?

Also I would look into arranging your Cambodia visa on line before travelling. $20 and can save a lot of hassle at the border especially if travelling overland http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

single entry visa issued in london thai embassy.one more question i need to have return ticket from cambodia on arrival?

Edited by Pokeris

• 3 months later...

I was fortunate enough to get a triple entry Tourist visa in Canada.

It was issued Sept 06/2012 and has an "Enter Before" date of March 05/2013.

I entered Thailand Sept. 30/2012. The visa (first entry) is stamped good until Nov. 28/2012.

Here are my questions:

1) I wish to remain in Thailand until March 26/2013.

2) Must I exit Thailand ON Nov/ 28 - by midnight - (OR BEFORE! - I would hate to miss Loy Krathong!) or may I do so on the 29th in order to use my second entry - good for another 60 days?

3) May I pay a fee at the Jomtien Immigration office in order to extend/use my second entry (for another 60 days) WITHOUT leaving (say to Cambo on a run) or MUST I leave and re-enter?

Thanks in advance for info.

Have a look at my website under Thai visas you will see nearly everything on there to stop you making mistakes.

Regards

Darren

if I have missed something or I am wrong please let me know :GoldenSmile1:

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

hi fellow bms planning on a 67 day trip soon to pattaya can anybody enlighten me what visa i need from consulate in hull uk ? thank you for any help regards craig :)

hi fellow bms planning on a 67 day trip soon to pattaya can anybody enlighten me what visa i need from consulate in hull uk ? thank you for any help regards craig :)

I'd go with a 60 day tourist visa then see about an extension from the Jomtien immigration office if they are still handing them out. If not a quick side trip to AC towards then end of your trip will get a you a 30 day visa on entry when you get back. If you don't fancy an AC trip take a quick visa run. I think the Queen Vic on Soi 6 still does them.

RULES

1NQq.gif

cheers Pepe ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  :GoldenSmile1:

• 6 months later...

Hello i am traveling to thailand for 4 month and have multiple visa for 3 times entry.but when i arrive i just stay thailand 4 days and flying to Philippines for 3 weeks.the question is can i not use my multiple visa first time i come to thailand but make visa on arrival and leave this multiple visa for next trips to cambodia and vietnam..i have a roundtrip ticket from bangkok to Philippines to show for immigration like a proof i leave a country after 4 days.did they allowed to make a visa on arrival even i already have multiply visa on my passport?

• 1 month later...

i have a single entry visa for 60 days, can you still get a extra 30 days at jomtien   thanks for any info 

• 2 weeks later...

i have a single entry visa for 60 days, can you still get a extra 30 days at jomtien   thanks for any info 

How did you get a 60 day entry visa? I'm semi confused on all the information. I am flying in from the US and want to stay as long as I can without leaving (with the exception of required trips out of the country). What specifically should I do? Can I extend the stay I get when I first arrive beyond the 30 days? I don't want to screw this up.