Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thailand Tourist FAQ

US-Farang

I've seen a lot of misinformation here lately about tourist visas to Thailand, so I decided to write this. Hope it helps some.

The Thailand Tourist Visa FAQ

Written by US-Farang

While I am NOT a lawyer, a travel agent, or a visa expert, I have done extensive research over the past several months about Thai visas. I hope that you will benefit from the information I've gathered during my research. The information in this FAQ applies ONLY to people visiting Thailand as tourists and who do not plan to work/retire/marry/etc. in the kingdom.

Q: Do I need to get a visa before travelling to Thailand?

The short answer is, "probably not," but please read on because that answer doesn't cover every situation.

You do not need a visa to enter the kingdom of Thailand for tourism if ALL of these apply to you:

1) Your passport is from one of Thailand's visa-exempt nations. This includes the U.S., Canada, most of Europe, Australia, etc. You can view the current complete list at http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2490.

2) You will leave Thailand within 30 days (29 nights)

3) You will arrive through an international airport

Technically, you also need have adequate finances (10,000 baht per person or 20,000 baht per family), a flight out within 30 days, and you cannot be ineligible for entry (HIV-positive, deported from any nation, etc.), but it's unlikely that an immigration official will ask or care.

If you meet ALL of the above criteria (as most westerners will), then you can come to Thailand without a visa and at no charge. When you arrive, you'll go through immigration at the airport and will be stamped in on visa-exempt status for 30 days. This is NOT the same thing as a visa-on-arrival. Instead, it's a permission to stay in the kingdom for up to 30 days without having to bother with getting a visa at all. This is most short-time (heh) vistors need.

Q: What if I arrive overland (not through the airport)?

If you enter the kingdom overland (bus, train, car, bicycle, roller skates, etc.), all of the above applies BUT you will only be permitted 15 days (14 nights) to stay.

Q: Can I extend my stay if I entered on a visa-exempt stamp?

Not very long. Officially, the visa-exempt entries cannot be extended. If you have a hardship, you can visit immigration and beg, though. They may give you an extension (up to 7 days), but it's up to the immigration official you talk to.

Q: What if I want to stay more than 30 days, but less than 90 days?

If you want to stay continuously (strictly for tourism still) for longer than 30 days, you will need to get a tourist visa ahead of time from an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand. Check your country's Royal Thai Embassy website for specifics, but generally you'll need to present your passport, application form, 2 passport-style photos, round-trip ticket copy, and evidence of finances. Processing times can take from a couple days (if you do it in person) to several weeks (if you use the mail), so get it done early. Not too early, though. Once the visa is issued, you'll usually only have 90 days to enter Thailand.

You'll get a tourist visa, which grants you 60 days in the kingdom. If you want to stay up to 30 days longer, though, you can get it extended without leaving the country by visiting an immigration office (it MUST be the immigration office in the province where you are staying) with a passport-style photo and 1900 baht. You can do this whenever you want. The extension is 30 days beyond your current permission to stay, not 30 days beyond when you apply for it.

Unlike the visa-exempt entries, tourist visas are not free. They cost about 1000 baht (per entry, see below) in local currency. Between May 11, 2010 and March 31, 2011, these fees are waived for single-entry tourist visas, though.

Q: What is a "multiple-entry" or "double-entry" tourist visa?

If you plan to stay mostly in Thailand, but will leave the country at least once during your stay, you might be able to get a "multiple-entry" tourist visa. This is essentially the same as getting two (or three) tourist visas (as described above). You still have to leave the country before your first entry expires, but you are allowed to re-enter Thailand on the same visa. You MUST activate your second entry before the visa expires! This may be as short as 90 days from the day the visa was issued, to check your visa to be sure! Technically, on a double-entry tourist visa, you can stay (with an exit) in Thailand for up to 6 months if you extend both entries, but keep the following in mind:

* When you pay your visa fees, you pay per entry (a triple-entry visa, if you can get it, would be about 3000 baht)

* Exiting the country for any reason closes your current entry (but see below about re-entry permission)

* You MUST use the second entry before the visa expires, and this may be less than 90 days before you first arrived.

* Some consulates (Penang, Malaysia, for example) will deny you any future tourist visas if you've extended one

Remember that you cannot apply for a tourist visa of any kind from within Thailand. You MUST apply outside of the kingdom. Technically up to triple-entry visas are allowed, but I haven't heard of anyone recently who got one. And double-entry visas can be hard to find. Generally, the further you are from Thailand, the better your chances of getting a double-entry visa. You'll probably get one if you apply at Washington, D.C., Perth, or Hull, but you probably won't if you apply at any consulate in southeast Asia. Though it's completely subject to change, the embassies at Vientiane (Laos) and Phnom Penh (Cambodia) seem to be friendlier than some other consulates. Avoid Penang, Malaysia for visas at all costs.

Q: Is there a limit to how many times I can get visa-exempt permissions?

No. There used to be a limit, but you can currently get visa-exempt entries as often as you like. Keep in mind, though, that overland visa-exempt permissions are just 15 days. This is a fairly new rule, designed to weed out folks who are working illegally in Thailand.

Q: What if I stay longer than my visa or permission allows?

Go IMMEDIATELY to your nearest immigration office, and don't break any traffic laws on the way! You will have to pay a fine of 500 baht per day (up to a maximum of 20,000 baht), but you can probably get a 1-7 day permission to leave. If you're picked up for any reason on an overstay, well, plan on some time in jail. You will not enjoy this.

Q: What if I want to go out of the country while my visa is still good?

You can get a "re-entry" permit if you go to an immigration office. This basically "suspends" your visa while you're out of the country (it does not extend it). Bring a passport-style photo and 1900 baht.

Q: Can I extend my tourist visa?

Yes, you can. A 60-day tourist visa can be extended by 30 days at any immigration office. Bring 1900 baht and a passport photo.

Note that visa-exempt entries CANNOT be extended, and visas that have been extended CANNOT be extended a second time.

Q: Can I scream at you if my visa issues don't go the way I want?

Feel free to vent. I really can't help you, though.

Q: Are tourist visas free?

There has been lots of discussion about this (thanks to unreliable reports from one website that shall remain nameless), but yes, tourist visa fees will be waived between May 11, 2010 and March 31, 2011. Consulates may still charge an administrative fee.

• Like 2

looks accurate to me, thanks for posting

Thanks. Saw a lot of misinformation on the forums about visas, so I was hoping to set things straight.

Technically, you also need have adequate finances (10,000 baht per person or 20,000 baht per family), a flight out within 30 days, and you cannot be ineligible for entry (HIV-positive, deported from any nation, etc.), but it's unlikely that an immigration official will ask or care.

Actually having HIV is not a reason for disallowing a person to enter Thailand. Here is the reasons that a person can be prohibited from entering:

Section 12 of the Immigration Act for the Kingdom of Thailand describes the characteristics of Aliens that are or may be prohibited from entering the Kingdom and are outlined as those:

1) Having no legal passport or having a passport but no visa.

2) Having no means of sustenance for entry into the Kingdom.

3) Entry into the Kingdom for occupation as a laborer.

4) Unsound mind or illness from the following diseases: a) leprosy, b) contagious tuberculosis, c) elephantiasis, d) addicted to drugs, e) alcoholism, f) stage 3 syphilis.

5) Never vaccinated for smallpox or contagious diseases as prescribed by the regulations of the Ministry and not allowing a doctor screening immigrants to diagnosis the disease.

6) Having been convicted by judgment of a Thai court or a foreign court and imprisoned, except for petty offenses or offenses committed by negligence.

7) Conducting himself in such a way as to be credible to believe that the person would be harmful to society or may disturb the peace or the security of citizens or the security of the Kingdom or a person with a warrant of arrest issued by a government official of a foreign country.

8) Conducting himself in such a way as to be credible to believe entry into the Kingdom would be for purposes of prostitution, trafficking women or children, narcotics trafficking, smuggling for tax evasion purposes or doing business conflicting with peace and order or morality.

9) Having no money on his person.

10)Having been exiled by the Thai government or government of a foreign country or whose habitation rights in the Kingdom or in foreign countries have already been revoked or sent out of Thailand by a government official.

LINK

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Actually having HIV is not a reason for disallowing a person to enter Thailand. Here is the reasons that a person can be prohibited from entering:]

Thank you. I've modified the FAQ and will upload an updated version next week.

Thanks for the post US-Farang great work!!! Raises an interesting question. I have a buddy that was going to come with me next trip but about 20 years ago he was arrested for (unauthorized use of a vehicle) in the states (felony). He was denied entry into Canada Before because of this,So I guess if you have a felony conviction he will be denied entry? It Kinda suck to travel all that way and be denied entry!!!! I guess I should tell him to send his passport in the Thai embassy for a visa at least that way he would know before we left. Has anyone here entered with a felony Conviction? or Traveled with a Buddy with one?

Old-Prisoners.jpg

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

Thanks for the post US-Farang great work!!! Raises an interesting question. I have a buddy that was going to come with me next trip but about 20 years ago he was arrested for (unauthorized use of a vehicle) in the states (felony). He was denied entry into Canada Before because of this,So I guess if you have a felony conviction he will be denied entry? It Kinda suck to travel all that way and be denied entry!!!! I guess I should tell him to send his passport in the Thai embassy for a visa at least that way he would know before we left. Has anyone here entered with a felony Conviction? or Traveled with a Buddy with one?

I don't know how the Thai Consulate would possibly know about a felony conviction from an extended visa application. They might learn about if you want to move there, since you have to get certain documents from your home country.

With the so called "waiver" of fee from May 11th knowing Thailand I would say that the "Administration" fee will be at least the cost of the visa before May 11th! I have just phoned the Consulate and they have NO information at all at this time. :Deadhorse:

Actually having HIV is not a reason for disallowing a person to enter Thailand. Here is the reasons that a person can be prohibited from entering:

Section 12 of the Immigration Act for the Kingdom of Thailand describes the characteristics of Aliens that are or may be prohibited from entering the Kingdom and are outlined as those:

1) Having no legal passport or having a passport but no visa.

2) Having no means of sustenance for entry into the Kingdom.

3) Entry into the Kingdom for occupation as a laborer.

4) Unsound mind or illness from the following diseases: a) leprosy, b) contagious tuberculosis, c) elephantiasis, d) addicted to drugs, e) alcoholism, f) stage 3 syphilis.

5) Never vaccinated for smallpox or contagious diseases as prescribed by the regulations of the Ministry and not allowing a doctor screening immigrants to diagnosis the disease.

6) Having been convicted by judgment of a Thai court or a foreign court and imprisoned, except for petty offenses or offenses committed by negligence.

7) Conducting himself in such a way as to be credible to believe that the person would be harmful to society or may disturb the peace or the security of citizens or the security of the Kingdom or a person with a warrant of arrest issued by a government official of a foreign country.

8) Conducting himself in such a way as to be credible to believe entry into the Kingdom would be for purposes of prostitution, trafficking women or children, narcotics trafficking, smuggling for tax evasion purposes or doing business conflicting with peace and order or morality.

9) Having no money on his person.

10)Having been exiled by the Thai government or government of a foreign country or whose habitation rights in the Kingdom or in foreign countries have already been revoked or sent out of Thailand by a government official.

LINK

wonder how they enforce Alcoholism

Edited by mike_asia

LINK

Doing business 'conflicting with peace and order or morality' SHIT guys I guess thats everyone of us banned from entry...good job they dont check anything .. :Crazy1:

Has anyone here entered with a felony Conviction? or Traveled with a Buddy with one?

I really wouldnt worry about that, Ive never experienced any kind of checks, myself and most of my friends have done a bit of bird and it's never stopped us going.

Edited by ukgrunt

I've pinned the topic, though readers should bear in mind that the situation re: Thai visas is prone to change regularly, on a whim, so it's always a good idea to check information with official sources such as your local consulate.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

I've pinned the topic, though readers should bear in mind that the situation re: Thai visas is prone to change regularly, on a whim, so it's always a good idea to check information with official sources such as your local consulate.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

• 4 weeks later...

just to clarify, i have just cut and pasted this from the website of the Thai Consulate in Hull :

01 May 2010

TOURIST VISA FEE - TEMPORARY CONCESSION

BETWEEN 11 MAY 2010 AND 31 MARCH 2011 THE STANDARD FEE FOR TOURIST VISAS ONLY (£28 PER ENTRY) WILL BE WAIVED.

THIS CONCESSION DOES NOT APPLY TO:-

1) APPLICATIONS FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS.

2) APPLICATIONS FOR TRANSIT VISAS.

ALL OTHER CONDITIONS APPLYING TO VISAS REMAIN UNCHANGED INCLUDING THE £10 FEE FOR ISSUING IN PERSON AND THE £8 POSTAL CHARGE.

I presume this just leaves the £8 return postage fee to pay, but i have e-mailed them to clarify...

it also depends on your country of origin aswell, the USA has a lot harder time than the UK for example.

there you just download the forms post them off with 1 picture,your £100 fee and within 3 days you have your 1 year multi entry visa back in your hand.

you get to self certify you have funds for your stay,no proof needed.

there should really be a pinned thread for each country to look at.

what applies to the USA has nothing to do with the UK the same like wise,what applies to the UK has nothing to do with the USA.

in the UK at the moment its a £15 admin fee for the 60 day tourist visa and still only takes 3 days from posting to getting back in your hand.

Edited by miles stewart

just to clarify, i have just cut and pasted this from the website of the Thai Consulate in Hull :

01 May 2010

TOURIST VISA FEE - TEMPORARY CONCESSION

BETWEEN 11 MAY 2010 AND 31 MARCH 2011 THE STANDARD FEE FOR TOURIST VISAS ONLY (£28 PER ENTRY) WILL BE WAIVED.

THIS CONCESSION DOES NOT APPLY TO:-

1) APPLICATIONS FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS.

2) APPLICATIONS FOR TRANSIT VISAS.

ALL OTHER CONDITIONS APPLYING TO VISAS REMAIN UNCHANGED INCLUDING THE £10 FEE FOR ISSUING IN PERSON AND THE £8 POSTAL CHARGE.

I presume this just leaves the £8 return postage fee to pay, but i have e-mailed them to clarify...

its £15 admin fee and if you buy a prepaid self addressed registered envolope from the post office and include with you application theres no postage fee.

this is just the updated version they were free in january in the uk just pay the admin fee.

Edited by miles stewart

You can get a "re-entry" permit if you go to an immigration office. This basically "suspends" your visa while you're out of the country (it does not extend it). Bring a passport-style photo and 1900 baht.

I'm sure it used to be 1900 baht, but somewhere along the line it was reduced to 1000 for Single Re-Entry. It's still 3800 for Multiple Re-Entry.

I got one in February '10, tendered 2000 and was given 1000 back and a receipt for the 1000 paid. I've since seen it in print elsewhere.

..............................It Kinda suck to travel all that way and be denied entry!!!! I guess I should tell him to send his passport in the Thai embassy for a visa at least that way he would know before we left. Has anyone here entered with a felony Conviction? or Traveled with a Buddy with one?

AFAIK the Consulates do no checking prior to issue of Tourist Visas. It's highly unlikely he would have a problem entering, but remember, a Visa is only a permission to travel to a country and does not give you the right to enter that country.

Some will recall the lady from England with a previous conviction for drug dealing - in Thailand! - did not know that.

_46844738_40674658.jpg

it also depends on your country of origin aswell, the USA has a lot harder time than the UK for example.

there you just download the forms post them off with 1 picture,your £100 fee and within 3 days you have your 1 year multi entry visa back in your hand.

you get to self certify you have funds for your stay,no proof needed.

there should really be a pinned thread for each country to look at.

what applies to the USA has nothing to do with the UK the same like wise,what applies to the UK has nothing to do with the USA.

in the UK at the moment its a £15 admin fee for the 60 day tourist visa and still only takes 3 days from posting to getting back in your hand.

Hello Miles, i'm sure you mean well but even when visa payment is required there is no admin fee...

this is the stance at least from the Thai consulate in Hull, UK...the 60 day tourist visa fees are waived and the £8 postage fee is the only one required. I have had this confirmed by the Hull consulate today...

Hello Miles, i'm sure you mean well but even when visa payment is required there is no admin fee...

this is the stance at least from the Thai consulate in Hull, UK...the 60 day tourist visa fees are waived and the £8 postage fee is the only one required. I have had this confirmed by the Hull consulate today...

hi,

my brother and his girlfriend got a 60 day single entry tourist visa from hull,there was no fee for the visa but they had to send £15 each admin fee.there was no postage fee as they sent a prepaid self sddressed registered envolople with their applications.he got the recipt back from hull with his visa and passports.

so unless they have now waived this fee aswell you will have to pay it.

i would double check and please feel free to ask in the email to them that you have been told there was a £15 admin fee in january and has this now been waived.

you will see i am correct and they did have to pay this admin fee.

you are correct about when paying for a visa there is no admin fee,i just send £100 off for my multi entry 1 year visa and the envolope to return it to me.

Edited by miles stewart

hi,

my brother and his girlfriend got a 60 day single entry tourist visa from hull,there was no fee for the visa but they had to send £15 each admin fee.there was no postage fee as they sent a prepaid self sddressed registered envolople with their applications.he got the recipt back from hull with his visa and passports.

so unless they have now waived this fee aswell you will have to pay it.

i would double check and please feel free to ask in the email to them that you have been told there was a £15 admin fee in january and has this now been waived.

you will see i am correct and they did have to pay this admin fee.

you are correct about when paying for a visa there is no admin fee,i just send £100 off for my multi entry 1 year visa and the envolope to return it to me.

cheers miles, thanks for the info...the transitory ambiguity is not a great suprise

• 3 weeks later...

Thai offer on arrival visa what are the documents required??

asian.gif

Just for US residents.

Two entry tourist visas (and single entry of course) are free until March 31, 2011. Just received mine today, only cost is postage. Mine was from the NY consulate and took only 8 days from mailing it to getting it back. Cost $5.60 for Priority mail with delivery confirmation to send it to the consulate plus $18.30 for prepaid Express Mail return. Total Cost $23.90.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes. No problems at all. It's not a question that they ask when obtaining a visa on arrival.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a lot of misinformation here lately about tourist visas to Thailand, so I decided to write this. Hope it helps some.

The Thailand Tourist Visa FAQ

Written by US-Farang

While I am NOT a lawyer, a travel agent, or a visa expert, I have done extensive research over the past several months about Thai visas. I hope that you will benefit from the information I've gathered during my research. The information in this FAQ applies ONLY to people visiting Thailand as tourists and who do not plan to work/retire/marry/etc. in the kingdom.

Q: Do I need to get a visa before travelling to Thailand?

The short answer is, "probably not," but please read on because that answer doesn't cover every situation.

You do not need a visa to enter the kingdom of Thailand for tourism if ALL of these apply to you:

1) Your passport is from one of Thailand's visa-exempt nations. This includes the U.S., Canada, most of Europe, Australia, etc. You can view the current complete list at http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2490.

2) You will leave Thailand within 30 days (29 nights)

3) You will arrive through an international airport

If you meet ALL of the above criteria (as most westerners will), then you can come to Thailand without a visa and at no charge. When you arrive, you'll go through immigration at the airport and will be stamped in on visa-exempt status for 30 days. This is NOT the same thing as a visa-on-arrival. Instead, it's a permission to stay in the kingdom for up to 30 days without having to bother with getting a visa at all. This is most short-time (heh) vistors need.

Q: What if I arrive overland (not through the airport)?

If you enter the kingdom overland (bus, train, car, bicycle, roller skates, etc.), all of the above applies BUT you will only be permitted 15 days (14 nights) to stay.

Q: Can I extend my stay if I entered on a visa-exempt stamp?

Not very long. Officially, the visa-exempt entries cannot be extended. If you have a hardship, you can visit immigration and beg, though. They may give you an extension (up to 7 days), but it's up to the immigration official you talk to.

Q: What if I want to stay more than 30 days, but less than 90 days?

If you want to stay continuously (strictly for tourism still) for longer than 30 days, you will need to get a tourist visa ahead of time from an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand. Check your country's Royal Thai Embassy website for specifics, but generally you'll need to present your passport, application form, 2 passport-style photos, round-trip ticket copy, and evidence of finances. Processing times can take from a couple days (if you do it in person) to several weeks (if you use the mail), so get it done early. Not too early, though. Once the visa is issued, you'll usually only have 90 days to enter Thailand.

You'll get a tourist visa, which grants you 60 days in the kingdom. If you want to stay up to 30 days longer, though, you can get it extended without leaving the country by visiting an immigration office (it MUST be the immigration office in the province where you are staying) with a passport-style photo and 1900 baht. You can do this whenever you want. The extension is 30 days beyond your current permission to stay, not 30 days beyond when you apply for it.

Unlike the visa-exempt entries, tourist visas are not free. They cost about 1000 baht (per entry, see below) in local currency. Between May 11, 2010 and March 31, 2011, these fees are waived for single-entry tourist visas, though.

Q: What is a "multiple-entry" or "double-entry" tourist visa?

If you plan to stay mostly in Thailand, but will leave the country at least once during your stay, you might be able to get a "multiple-entry" tourist visa. This is essentially the same as getting two (or three) tourist visas (as described above). You still have to leave the country before your first entry expires, but you are allowed to re-enter Thailand on the same visa. You MUST activate your second entry before the visa expires! This may be as short as 90 days from the day the visa was issued, to check your visa to be sure! Technically, on a double-entry tourist visa, you can stay (with an exit) in Thailand for up to 6 months if you extend both entries, but keep the following in mind:

* When you pay your visa fees, you pay per entry (a triple-entry visa, if you can get it, would be about 3000 baht)

* Exiting the country for any reason closes your current entry (but see below about re-entry permission)

* You MUST use the second entry before the visa expires, and this may be less than 90 days before you first arrived.

* Some consulates (Penang, Malaysia, for example) will deny you any future tourist visas if you've extended one

Remember that you cannot apply for a tourist visa of any kind from within Thailand. You MUST apply outside of the kingdom. Technically up to triple-entry visas are allowed, but I haven't heard of anyone recently who got one. And double-entry visas can be hard to find. Generally, the further you are from Thailand, the better your chances of getting a double-entry visa. You'll probably get one if you apply at Washington, D.C., Perth, or Hull, but you probably won't if you apply at any consulate in southeast Asia. Though it's completely subject to change, the embassies at Vientiane (Laos) and Phnom Penh (Cambodia) seem to be friendlier than some other consulates. Avoid Penang, Malaysia for visas at all costs.

Q: Is there a limit to how many times I can get visa-exempt permissions?

No. There used to be a limit, but you can currently get visa-exempt entries as often as you like. Keep in mind, though, that overland visa-exempt permissions are just 15 days. This is a fairly new rule, designed to weed out folks who are working illegally in Thailand.

Q: What if I stay longer than my visa or permission allows?

Go IMMEDIATELY to your nearest immigration office, and don't break any traffic laws on the way! You will have to pay a fine of 500 baht per day (up to a maximum of 20,000 baht), but you can probably get a 1-7 day permission to leave. If you're picked up for any reason on an overstay, well, plan on some time in jail. You will not enjoy this.

Q: Can I extend my tourist visa?

Yes, you can. A 60-day tourist visa can be extended by 30 days at any immigration office. Bring 1900 baht and a passport photo.

Note that visa-exempt entries CANNOT be extended, and visas that have been extended CANNOT be extended a second time.

Q: Can I scream at you if my visa issues don't go the way I want?

Feel free to vent. I really can't help you, though.

Q: Are tourist visas free?

There has been lots of discussion about this (thanks to unreliable reports from one website that shall remain nameless), but yes, tourist visa fees will be waived between May 11, 2010 and March 31, 2011. Consulates may still charge an administrative fee.

thank you for this informations, now is clear for what I have to do for the visa, thank's

• 2 weeks later...

awesome, information i have gleamed from several sources presented quickly and clearly, and you filled in the holes and my questions.