IGNORED

Golf Anyone?

Shivers

Anyone up for some golf? I wouldn't mind playing 9 holes starting sometime around 10am on either the 12th, 13th, or 14th of April. I know, I know..."don't make plans in Pattaya because they'll just go to shit," which is why I've chosen a time span of 3 days to do this.

I'm only looking to play 9 holes because I tore my rotator cuff (right shoulder) pretty bad while sowboarding in Alaska last winter and thus I can't hit the ball like I used to (unable to do a full back-swing). But, it would still be fun to play a little.

Unless you are a serious golfer than I would suggest the Asia hotel golf course it has 9 holes and most are about par 3 or 4, I am going to be over there from the 10th till the 20th so maybe we can catchup a for walk around the course I usually like to start at about 8.30am as it gets very hot the later you start, Where will you be staying send me a PM.

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_pattaya.htm

There are 2 Par 3 9 hole courses..Asia hotel and the new one on Chayapuk in Jomtien toward the Sports stadium..This newest one is the most difficult with lots of water and a caddy if you wish...Only Iron play..

Then there is the little Navy toward Sattahip Rt side that is cheap--Cart or Caddy and it has a few 5 par holes..Its much more like a Real game of golf...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I'm an avid golfer and would love to play on my next trip to Pattaya. I usually bring my clubs on business trips however I wouldn't want to bring them to Patts as it would be a pain to lug around. Is golf fairly cheap here, just wondering what a rental set costs and also a round of golf at a nice course.

Someday, somebody will ski that

Unless you are a serious golfer than I would suggest the Asia Hotel golf course it has 9 holes and most are about par 3 or 4, I am going to be over there from the 10th till the 20th so maybe we can catchup a for walk around the course I usually like to start at about 8.30am as it gets very hot the later you start, Where will you be staying send me a PM.

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_pattaya.htm

The Asia hotel Golf Course sounds good to me...as does an 8:30am tee time. I think a Par 3 course would be a good one to test out my shoulder on. I've been to a driving range since dislocating it, and hit the ball alright considering I can't take a full backswing, but I won't come close to shooting a 27.

I'll shoot you a PM and perhaps we can get something set up for one of those days.

Anyone up for some golf? I wouldn't mind playing 9 holes starting sometime around 10am on either the 12th, 13th, or 14th of April. I know, I know..."don't make plans in Pattaya because they'll just go to shit," which is why I've chosen a time span of 3 days to do this.

I'm only looking to play 9 holes because I tore my rotator cuff (right shoulder) pretty bad while sowboarding in Alaska last winter and thus I can't hit the ball like I used to (unable to do a full back-swing). But, it would still be fun to play a little.

Invjlh:

I am hitting town on the 11th and am coming off a shoulder injury too. So nine would be great for me. I would love to hit club Phoenix and to if find a few of the "painted" caddies are in play too. Here are some messages I have come across on this topic. Please pm me if you or the others want to hook up. Could be fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So many of the Thai courses offer the services of a sweet female between 18 and 25 years of age, ever since I joined the infamous "Ham Noi Golfing Society" I had a lot of fun, especially on the 19th and 20th holes!

Most recommended GC's in Thailand:

Phoenix

Windmill

Pinehurst

Alpine

President's

Muang Ake Vista

Their bodies are outstandingly fit and the pussies not overused!

Phoenix worked about 3 out of 10 times for me as well - higher percentages only on Bangkok's courses. But selection at Phoenix is quite nice, most are fairly crispy :)

Greetz

Get one Yourself & find out :Circle_Sharks:

Greetz

Rabatti

Lipstick is indeed one designated sign, another one is nailpolish in bright red colors!

Usually You are able to book a specific caddy with the respective caddymasters, all You need to do is book 24 h ahead of tee-off and give 'em the number of Your caddy. It's wise to spend a bit of time in the caddie's quarters for a cup of coffee or a coke and checkout a potential favorite, just memorize the backnumber!

Cheers

Rabatti

Can recommend playing golf out of the Golf Club on LK Metro. There are many places that organize golf and I have heard do a good job but the Golf Club is right next door to the Devils Den. hahaha! I have spoken to many ex-pats who play golf regularly. Most have a caddie story to tell but like someone else posted it is a logistics problem. The courses are not close so most caddies live far away. Most have Scooters so that is a problem I assume you are wondering because it makes for a great story when you get home. Would love to hear how others have done.

Go to ipgc.org, all the info you need, you just go along put your name down and play, bars will sort out transport.

http://www.pattayagolfsociety.org/

who play out of Rabbi's Elephant Bar (an Aussie-owned bar) on Soi Buakhao.

Society days attract a wide range of different nationalities, some permanent residents and others on short or medium term stays.

PGS are members of IPGC, details of which are found:

http://www.ipgc.org/

Personally, I like to travel light, and the heat in LOS makes golf less than a pleasant experience.

BUT this trip, I plan on playing the 9-hole/Par 3 course at the ASIA PATTAYA hotel. I figure for 100 baht rental and 220/280 baht green fee, I can get my fix without too much trouble.

[i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"][/color][/size] [/i]

I'll be over there on those dates pal and would have knock.

Steve

Invjlh:

I am hitting town on the 11th and am coming off a shoulder injury too. So nine would be great for me. I would love to hit club Phoenix and to if find a few of the "painted" caddies are in play too. Here are some messages I have come across on this topic. Please pm me if you or the others want to hook up. Could be fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So many of the Thai courses offer the services of a sweet female between 18 and 25 years of age, ever since I joined the infamous "Ham Noi Golfing Society" I had a lot of fun, especially on the 19th and 20th holes!

Most recommended GC's in Thailand:

Phoenix

Windmill

Pinehurst

Alpine

President's

Muang Ake Vista

Their bodies are outstandingly fit and the pussies not overused!

Phoenix worked about 3 out of 10 times for me as well - higher percentages only on Bangkok's courses. But selection at Phoenix is quite nice, most are fairly crispy :001_Thank_You5:

Greetz

Get one Yourself & find out :ShitHappens1:

Greetz

Rabatti

Lipstick is indeed one designated sign, another one is nailpolish in bright red colors!

Usually You are able to book a specific caddy with the respective caddymasters, all You need to do is book 24 h ahead of tee-off and give 'em the number of Your caddy. It's wise to spend a bit of time in the caddie's quarters for a cup of coffee or a coke and checkout a potential favorite, just memorize the backnumber!

Cheers

Rabatti

Can recommend playing golf out of the Golf Club on LK Metro. There are many places that organize golf and I have heard do a good job but the Golf Club is right next door to the Devils Den. hahaha! I have spoken to many ex-pats who play golf regularly. Most have a caddie story to tell but like someone else posted it is a logistics problem. The courses are not close so most caddies live far away. Most have scooters so that is a problem I assume you are wondering because it makes for a great story when you get home. Would love to hear how others have done.

Go to ipgc.org, all the info you need, you just go along put your name down and play, bars will sort out transport.

http://www.pattayagolfsociety.org/

who play out of Rabbi's Elephant Bar (an Aussie-owned bar) on Soi Buakhao.

Society days attract a wide range of different nationalities, some permanent residents and others on short or medium term stays.

PGS are members of IPGC, details of which are found:

http://www.ipgc.org/

Personally, I like to travel light, and the heat in LOS makes golf less than a pleasant experience.

BUT this trip, I plan on playing the 9-hole/Par 3 course at the ASIA PATTAYA Hotel. I figure for 100 baht rental and 220/280 baht green fee, I can get my fix without too much trouble.

While in Pattaya I'll be staying at a place on Soi LK Metro, so I can check out The Golf Club on Thursday the 8th to see what the whole "caddy" thing is about and fill in anyone else wanting to hit the course for 9 holes.

I'll likely play Monday (the 12th) morning. I figure I'll be partying hard Saturday, taking it a bit easier on Sunday, which means it won't be too difficult for me to get up and hit an 8:30am tee time on Monday (knock on wood).

If that sounds good to anyone else, shoot me a PM. I'll reply on Thursday the 8th after looking into The Golf Club and let y'all know what's up. I'm guessing they'll be 3 or 4 of us, which is a good number. The prices listed for the 9 hole course at The Asia hotel are pretty cheap. Judging by their website, it looks nice too...so we can aim for that, but change it if we find somewhere better or if The Golf Club recommends a different course.