Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What shots to get?

Sixone0

i been reading a lot of the posts and I'm hoping to make my first trip this summer, was just wondering do i need any shots and if so which ones would be mandatory? Thx

i been reading a lot of the posts and I'm hoping to make my first trip this summer, was just wondering do i need any shots and if so which ones would be mandatory? Thx

I was told to get hep A, Tetanus, typhoid and Hep B. This was in January 2010.

The most important shots are for Hep A and B. You can get the others, but these two are the most critical. You can get you Hep A and B in one shot called Twinrix. If you are going this summer you should get started now. The Hep A and B shots have to be taken in a series of three or four shots at set intervals. You could possibly get the first two in the series before your trip. I did the same thing and waited too long before my first trip to get the full series of shots but my doctor told me that taking the first two in the series would provide protection, but if I wanted the lifetime immunity that I should finish all of the shots (I have heard that there is a ten-year booster shot though).

The CDC website has immunization recommendations for specific countries that you might visit. I would check that sight or ask your doctor about recommendations for other shots.

thanks for the reply isn't the hep b shot like a 3 shot dose if i'm reading correctly..... so i better get started checking up on this if it is like a 3 week shot deal

thanks for the reply isn't the hep b shot like a 3 shot dose if i'm reading correctly..... so i better get started checking up on this if it is like a 3 week shot deal

After the first shot you are already protected (normally for a year). You need the other ones to have lifetime protection. Only a few (5%) people, like me, don't know if the shots worked out for them. I have had more than 8 shots and still have not enough antigens to be sure if I'm protected. They think that it's possible that I'm protected by own immunity or that I have some guardcells who will be activated when the virus attacks my body. But of course they can't give me a shot with the virus to proof it.

This vaccination is very important for guys like us because hepatitis b is 100x more contagion than Aids.

P.S. other interesting vacinations are always no matter wich country you go: diphteria / infantile paralysis

Have a nice first trip mate, next week it will be my second trip to paradise for man,

Greetings from Belgium

After the first shot you are already protected (normally for a year). You need the other ones to have lifetime protection. Only a few (5%) people, like me, don't know if the shots worked out for them. I have had more than 8 shots and still have not enough antigens to be sure if I'm protected. They think that it's possible that I'm protected by own immunity or that I have some guardcells who will be activated when the virus attacks my body. But of course they can't give me a shot with the virus to proof it.

This vaccination is very important for guys like us because hepatitis b is 100x more contagion than Aids.

P.S. other interesting vacinations are always no matter wich country you go: diphteria / infantile paralysis

Have a nice first trip mate, next week it will be my second trip to paradise for man,

Greetings from Belgium

What about infections from mosquitoes? Need shots??

need to get your shots 8 weeks before your trip for them to fully take effect i was told.. though i had mine 5 weeks before and was fine.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I recently had what's known as the super super accelerator Hep B as I left it too long before going. All three weekly shots were taken before my holiday and I went back this week to give a blood test which I will get the results next week to see if its worked. If not they will give me a booster or a smaller booster if the levels are not hi enough.

Immunisation schedule

•The standard course of immunisation involves 3 injections at 0,1 and 6 months.

•An accelerated course of 0,1 and 2 months is possible - also for combined hepatitis A and B vaccines.

•Adults who need protection very quickly can have a schedule of 0,7 and 21 days. The vaccine is administered intramuscularly, usually into the deltoid muscle.3 After an accelerated course, a booster at 1 year is recommended. It can be used in those who are immunocompromised, as with HIV infection, but a higher dose may be required or extra booster injections.

The vaccine should be given into the deltoid region or anterior thigh in babies.

It is less effective if given into the buttock.

It is quite possible that a course may give lifelong immunity,4 but for health professionals one further booster at 5 years is recommended.

Antibody titres should be tested in health professionals 2 to 4 months after the primary course..

•A titre above 100 mIU/ml is regarded as adequate.

•Around 10-15% of adults fail to respond to three doses of vaccine or respond poorly.1

•Poor responders with titres of 10 to 100 mIU/ml should have a booster and those with a titre below 10 mIU/ml should repeat the course.

•Those over 40 years old, who are obese or who smoke are more likely to fail to respond.

•Alcoholics are also reported as having lower seroconversion rates, particularly those with advanced liver disease.

•Patients who are immunosuppressed or on renal dialysis may also respond less well and require larger or more doses of vaccine.

•Failure to produce any antibody after 2 complete courses should not be seen as necessarily meaning no immunity, as immunity to the disease is largely cell-mediated rather than by antibody.

Make sure your tetnus is current. Hep A is a one is one shot. Hep B, take one shot, then wait one month, take 2nd shot, then wait 6 months and take the 3rd shot.

That's all I took and I'll take the 3rd shot of B in Pattaya at a clinic in June.

Gspotman

My personal advice?? - sustanon 250, deca durabolin and trenbolone depot :P

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

thanks for all the input was just wondering that i was in the US Navy and i know we got a bunch of shots actually so many to remember what half of them were would anyone have a idea if you were in the navy that you woulda been given hep b shots and if you say they last a lifetime then wouldn't need 1 well i'm gonna do some researching on my shot records thanks again for the info

thanks for all the input was just wondering that i was in the US Navy and i know we got a bunch of shots actually so many to remember what half of them were would anyone have a idea if you were in the navy that you woulda been given hep b shots and if you say they last a lifetime then wouldn't need 1 well i'm gonna do some researching on my shot records thanks again for the info

Don't forget the ladyboy shots :Puke2:

• 1 month later...

A RED THEN A BLUE AFTERSHOCK - SAMBUCA AND BAILYS (SLIPPERYNIPPLE) THERE NICE ?? OO WRONG SHOTS OOOPS ;-)