IGNORED

Taxi

markinaruba

i have read alot of post so if u can just verify, i will be arriving if all flights r on time around midnight. after research i believe my only option to get to pattaya will be metered cab. up three floors to arrivals out gate 9 make a left to end guy at booth 12-1500 baht . more options or is this correct? again as usual many thanks to all the help

markinaruba

Big mistake IMHO. Have a car waiting to pick you up at the airport. Mr T cost 1000 baht from Bangkok to Pattaya while Mr Toom charges 1200. I have used both and can attest to their reliability. The last thing I want to do at the airport is haggle with some metered cab driver, not to mention the hassle of even finding one. Keep in mind that it is a 90 minute drive.

I've used mr T a few times. Excellent service, always has someone waiting for me on time at arrivals with a nice car

Edited by sparkybhoy

you'l have no problem whatsoever getting a cab from the airport, but to be honest, you are probably better arranging your transport before you arrive, after a long flight i just want to get off the plane knowing that my transport will be/should be waiting for me, the last thing i want is to spend time bartering for a fair price, when i am quite frankly, shattered after the flight.

Metered taxi from the airport is 1,500 Baht fixed cost, if I am to late for the bus i just get one of those for ease.

The last thing I want to do at the airport is haggle with some metered cab driver, not to mention the hassle of even finding one. Keep in mind that it is a 90 minute drive.

There is no haggling and no hassle. You just follow the signs to the "Public Taxi", which is down one level from where you emerge from customs. There is a Taxi Meter booth, where a dispatcher will find you a taxi. The price is currently 1,500 - and I believe that if you go through the dispatcher this is non-negotiable. I have always done this, and always been in a comfortable air-conditioned taxi on my way to Pattaya within about 5 minutes. The private companies are a bit cheaper, but I have never been organised enough to bother - the Taxi Meter are so easy.

Edited by tode1640

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

thanks alot for your help i will email mr t,s also just for backup i will go to metered taxi stand. u guys r a big help for my 1st trip to los

markinaruba

For the last 6 years I have been using Mrs Nuch for my car service and I would recommend her. Her phone no's are 0811517409 or 0839761686 and her email address is [email protected].

You inform her of her your flight details (flight No and ETA) and your name and she will have a driver waiting for you with a paging board bearing your name as you exit the customs at the airport. She charges 1100 baht to Pattaya inclusive of tolls. I normally give them a 200 or 300 baht tip. I've found every driver she uses to be polite, pleasant and helpful. As soon as they make contact they take your case and take you to their cars which are always late models and very clean. If you wish to smoke on the journey that's no problem.

You must let her know how many are in your party and she will send a suitable vehicle, ie a saloon car or minibus. I've never used the minibus so I don't know how much one would be, no doubt she will tell you over the phone or by email should you ask. You must make the arrangements a couple of days prior to you arrival.

Edit. It's not a very cheerful experience leaving Pattaya for the airport but Mrs Nuch and her drivers have always made that final taxi ride as pleasant as possible.

Edited by yogi100

For the last 6 years I have been using Mrs Nuch for my car service and I would recommend her. Her phone no's are 0811517409 or 0839761686 and her email address is [email protected].

You inform her of her your flight details (flight No and ETA) and your name and she will have a driver waiting for you with a paging board bearing your name as you exit the customs at the airport. She charges 1100 baht to Pattaya inclusive of tolls. I normally give them a 200 or 300 baht tip. I've found every driver she uses to be polite, pleasant and helpful. As soon as they make contact they take your case and take you to their cars which are always late models and very clean. If you wish to smoke on the journey that's no problem.

You must let her know how many are in your party and she will send a suitable vehicle, ie a saloon car or minibus. I've never used the minibus so I don't know how much one would be, no doubt she will tell you over the phone or by email should you ask. You must make the arrangements a couple of days prior to you arrival.

Edit. It's not a very cheerful experience leaving Pattaya for the airport but Mrs Nuch and her drivers have always made that final taxi ride as pleasant as possible.

Strange that Mrs. Nuch is unknown. All the years on the boards and using four different private driver services and I never heard of her.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange that Mrs. Nuch is unknown. All the years on the boards and using four different private driver services and I never heard of her.

She used to work for Mr Boon several years ago but now operates her own service.