IGNORED

KLM

nisoptimum

Just booked with KLM departing from Liverpool connecting at Amsterdam then direct to Bangkok,thing is never flew to LOS with them before as always used Qatar or Emirates so never done a 13 hour flight.Can anybody let me know what the 747 they use is like for legroom,inflight entertainment,service etc,

Last time i flew with them probably 2 years ago, old 747's no personal in seat entertainment, bonus is book an early flight from Liv, find a locker air-side, and take passport and boarding card and have a few hours in Amsterdam, done this loads of time. Visit a few coffee shops, the flight leaves about 7.30 pm , you will be so chilled out the flight time will pass like magic. In flight service not to bad, but middle age attendants

Good place to do some research is http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/KLM/information.php

P.S dont forget to get your hand luggage from the locker

Edited by splitpin

Last time i used the KLM from Amsterdam , it wasn't that great . Very small seats and now entertainment at all .

This airplane is 50% cargo and 50 % passengers , flight attendants were ok .

But ok , it goes straight to Bangkok and that's what it's all about .

Old planes, old stewardesses... gets the job done though. I hate long flights with any carrier, but they're forgotten soon enough once you get to your destination.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

KLM Edingburgh to Amsterdam then they changed me to China airways ok on way out coming back Never again Cabin crew totaly ignored everyone feed us then fecked off to galley curtains closed was told on 12hour flight i was allowed 3 small cans of beer.

KLM Edingburgh to Amsterdam then they changed me to China airways ok on way out coming back Never again Cabin crew totaly ignored everyone feed us then fecked off to galley curtains closed was told on 12hour flight i was allowed 3 small cans of beer.

And still it's way better than the KLM flight , seats much bigger .

And that it's is going to Bangkok doesn't mean it's a bar :D

I used to go KLM Aberdeen Amsterdam Bangkok, never again. Have been stuck in Amsterdam too often to consider them again and I dont mean 1 or 2 hour delay. Once was stuck there for 14 hours and then they finally got us on an Amsterdam to Copenhagen flight, 3 hour stopover and then onto Aberdeen. No apology, no food. Onboard its pretty much the same. Awful seats, awful entertainment. Have switched to Emirates now and have absolutely no complaints. Would be interested to hear if anythings changed in the past couple of years but I doubt it.

Flew with them 3 years ago. The planes were old and overall didnt have an enjoyable trip. Next time an alternative will be Eithad from Manchester

KLM is ok but very strict with baggage weight... 20kg max.. If one kg over you will have to pay.. But eleswhere they let you off... I now goes to Etihad airlines , They allow 30kg baggage weight...

I used to go KLM Aberdeen Amsterdam Bangkok, never again. Have been stuck in Amsterdam too often to consider them again and I dont mean 1 or 2 hour delay. Once was stuck there for 14 hours and then they finally got us on an Amsterdam to Copenhagen flight, 3 hour stopover and then onto Aberdeen. No apology, no food. Onboard its pretty much the same. Awful seats, awful entertainment. Have switched to Emirates now and have absolutely no complaints. Would be interested to hear if anythings changed in the past couple of years but I doubt it.

Nothing has changed , emirates much better , good entertainment system , but always a stop over in Dubai for 3 or 4 hours .

Dubai is always busy and nothing to do or see . I just prefer a direct flight and best when it's at night .

Etihad only allow 30kg in business class dont they so not much of an incentive for most of us lol

taken from their site

Travel Class Baggage Allowance

Diamond First Class 40 Kg

Pearl Business Class 30 Kg

Coral Economy Class 20 Kg

Infants: all travel classes 10 Kg

Edited by wireless_guy

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

Thanks for the info guys,sounds like it could be a 13 hour grueller after always using Qatar or Emirates,annoying only need 1 more flight to LOS to qualify top level privilige club with Qatar but cheapest flght i could get was £550,even that had a 36 stopover in magical Doha,err i think not.Same dates last year only paid £340 with them with loads of options under £400,this year nothing doing,only Etihad under £400 but with a nice 14 hour stopover.Only paid $630 which i think is about £420,same flight on KLM site is £650 so it is a good deal for what is for me a direct flight with only the 1 hour hop from the land of the tiple mortice lock,i like Liverpool,always nice to go back and see my alloy wheels again!!!!!