IGNORED

Google Chrome VS Firefox

LaaMok

Since 1998 have been using Opera. A few versions were sluggish but they got ironed out.

Firefox... well became very sluggish after version 1, chrome is fast but hasn't really been tested yet.

2nd option for me is K-Meleon. It's like firefox without the sluggish part and with all the addons you might need.

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LongLiveLos

• LaaMok

• Spanky99

• Tariq

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't find an in private option with Chrome like I can with I.E. and Firefox. That's why I won't use it.

i tried Chrome for a while, but i found it to be a bit too buggy..so went back to using Firefox exclusively.

plus i no longer use Windows OS...i use the Linux based Ubuntu OS....i really like this OS.

I can't find an in private option with Chrome like I can with I.E. and Firefox. That's why I won't use it.

Surfing with Iron Browser "Incognito"

ing 1.png

Firefox has an add on called "IE Tab" which provides full IE compatibility in a tab. I used it whenever I found an incompatibility. this add on stopped working with version 3.6 (used to work find with 3.5). I am still waiting for an update to this most useful add on.

If you are using an older release of FF, you may find a working version of IE Tab add on.

In Iron Chrome, you can open current pages within an "IE Tab" with the help of an extension.

ie 1.png

Targeted browsers included Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla's Firefox, and Google's Chrome, running on a Sony Vaio notebook running Windows 7 as well as Safari and Firefox on a Macbook running OS X.

No Opera, no K-meleon etc.

Btw when I installed chrome it used to crash a lot (I tend to open a zillion tabs).

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Targeted browsers included Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla's Firefox, and Google's Chrome, running on a Sony Vaio notebook running Windows 7 as well as Safari and Firefox on a Macbook running OS X.

No Opera, no K-meleon etc.

Btw when I installed chrome it used to crash a lot (I tend to open a zillion tabs).

Yes, Opera should of been included. I do get the odd crash with Iron but i still get them with Firefox also.

• 4 weeks later...

I use Google Chrome most of the time because it is faster but I usually have firefox open too because I need the reminder and the speed dial addons. The one thing that I dislike about chrome is the Find box won't stay open between pages and its more time consuming to use but I'd still rather use it than read a lot of stuff I am not interested in. I also have read Chrome has tested out to be more secure than the rest due to its sandbox methodology whatever that is.

It's not how much you make... it's what you don't spend. 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of retirement. 78% of NFL players are in financial distress within 2 years of retirement. Live off the income from your nest egg, but don't spend the principal and let it grow a little each year for inflation to increase your income a little later on.

• 1 month later...

i use both but i like Chrome. chrome is faster then Firefox. but some site not support on chrome but in firefox i raven faced any problem. it is slow but open all the sites. thats why i use firefox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use a MacBook Pro and jump between FF, GC and Safari. I use Safari the most as it suits my Mac better. I have jumped back onto GC after reading this thread and it is great.

I have a link to the new FF Beta. Give me a few mins and i'll post it.

Went to the zoo today. Spent ages at the camel enclosure, looking at their toes. They look nothing like a fanny. Disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have both firefox and chrome installed but i only use firefox. With the current computer i have now, the tiny diffrent in resource use i dont mind at all. And the zero . 1 sec diffence is not enough to make me wonna touble with moving all my bookmarks and logins etc.

I use the Add-on called Xmarks (formerly Foxmarks) in both Firefox and Chrome to keep my bookmarks automatically in sync. Backup your bookmarks and give it a try. I have never had a problem with it.

Edited by ron2mutt

It's not how much you make... it's what you don't spend. 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of retirement. 78% of NFL players are in financial distress within 2 years of retirement. Live off the income from your nest egg, but don't spend the principal and let it grow a little each year for inflation to increase your income a little later on.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer FF because of the useful plug ins. I can't browse without NoScript and Downloadhelper. To be fair, I haven't looked at Chrome in a while, so perhaps they have the equivalent widgets now.

I prefer FF because of the useful plug ins. I can't browse without NoScript and Downloadhelper. To be fair, I haven't looked at Chrome in a while, so perhaps they have the equivalent widgets now.

Just released and still needs work but not a bad start - https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/odjhifogjcknibkahlpidmdajjpkkcfn

I also like Ghostery - https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/mlomiejdfkolichcflejclcbmpeaniij Currently blocks over 270 web bugs including "Google Analytics" and "Facebook Connect" here on this site :GoldenSmile1:

Just released and still needs work but not a bad start - https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/odjhifogjcknibkahlpidmdajjpkkcfn

I also like Ghostery - https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/mlomiejdfkolichcflejclcbmpeaniij Currently blocks over 270 web bugs including "Google Analytics" and "Facebook Connect" here on this site :GoldenSmile1:

Firefox has similar plug-ins. Hell, go for Opera if you want to be an web elite surfer. :D

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Hell, go for Opera if you want to be an web elite surfer. :D

Tried Opera and think i'll pass.

Tried Opera and think i'll pass.

Lynx?

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

• 4 weeks later...

There are too many advantages to Chrome to list. My favorite is the 'bookmark sync'. If you get a new computer because your old one shit the bed, just download Chrome and sign in and POOF--all of your old bookmarks are there. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to use Chrome for faster browsing.

However for streaming youtube or videos, I prefer firefox for the plugin build in.

I have all 3, Firefox, Google Chrome and IE8, but only because I use all of them to check my new web pages as I make them and before I upload them.

Oddly enough, the only time I find I have issues with a page, especilly if I've tried something new for me, it will show up in Chrome or IE8 but Mostly in IE8, but will work as intended with Firefox.

I have to say that I still prefer Firefox, I've been using it since it first showed up, maybe it's a comfort thing, maybe it's an appearance thing, but Chrome for some reason reminds me of IE8 too much, I also don't find Chrome any faster than Firefox.

I also have the new Firefox 4 Beta on my system tried it for a few days and went back to using the previous version.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

I have Firefox and Google Chrome

I prefer to use Google Chrome when I want to entre PA's

• 1 month later...