Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Google Chrome VS Firefox

LaaMok

I am finding google chrome far better and faster than firefox, which one do you prefer?

The only main difference, is firefox has many useful plugins.

If you are still using Windows Internet explorer, i suggest you start using firefox asap.

We have now banned people with IE6 to use our server, if you see this message then you haven't got IE6. I am surprised how many people still use IE6.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LongLiveLos

• ron2mutt

• Spanky99

• andrew19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have switched over to Chrome,and i as well think it is far better and faster.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

I use both Chrome and Firefox. Chrome has more extensions now than say 6 months ago, so that's good. Firefox seems to hog my PC's memory. But FF is like an old friend.

I uninstalled IE from the system, only ballast. GoldenSmile1.gif Maybe ban ALL IE users here? 555

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

great thanks for the tip. just got a new laptop running windows 7 and internet explorer was slow, tried firefox and no real difference now on google chrome and it is much faster. :Grin_Jump1:

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I've only just switched to firefox lol. A friend used Chrome but I didn't like the interface. He's just switched back to firefox.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I use the 2,chrome is great but you cant install the google toolbar thats why i dont use it all the time,have been using firefox for a few years now without any problems,cant understand why people still use IE..

Firefox is till my best option . , did try Chrome but dident like it . . ,,

C O L O M B I A 

I'm still happy with Firefox. Never had a problem with it and I think for my computer applications it's still fast

and save enough.

I've heard many good things about Google's Chrome but I'm very worried about the data privacy

protection.

I try to avoid Google where I can and I think with the Chrome browser it's very easy for Google to

accumulate informations about everybody who uses it. Google got so big as a search machine.

Than came the e-mail-service, than the browser. Now it's Google buzz (the new facebook).

If Google wants it they will find out everything about everybody in a minute. For example:

What you like, what you don't like, where you surf on the internet, when and for how long, who your

friends are and so on...

I have no concept about what exactly they store and for who they store all those informations but I don't

like the idea. On the other hand I don't know which information Firefox stores about me as well.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

Ive recently changed to chrome way faster than firefox as for IE 8 that kept crashing

Another option is Apple´s Safari.

I am using it and I am pretty happy with it.

I do not like Googles obsession for collecting data about their users!

Nobody knows what they are capable of doing with it...

Chrome for me.

Was always on IE, like forever I had used IE until I decided to try Chrome on a whim. I realised in seconds how shit IE was and haven't touched it since.

I've actually never used Firefox but am more than happy with Chrome so I don't need to bother right now.

I do enjoy the new Microsoft advert though, the one with the secret browsing and the guy trying to buy a ring for his woman without her knowing... yes of course that's the purpose of private browsing :GoldenSmile1:

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Back in employment. Korando's Bar, Soi Buakhao 15. 

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

Bagel and His Adventures in Thailand

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

crome is faster

firefox is my choice just as quick if u adjust the pageload settings.

As for I.E people need to learn.... ITS CRAP.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Chrome faster so I use it most of the time. Not compatible for everything, so have to use Firefox and even Explorer too. (Underneath my Chrome Firefox running here with Dictionary for me to check how these bloody English words should be written.)

Not tried Chrome.

I've been a confirmed Firefox user for 4-5 years now. I also use Opera when my connection slows down on occasion as it's very fast. However, it lacks the additional plug-ins and tools etc and some websites don't display well on Opera.

Edited by Jaco2

I've been using Chrome for a while. I only use IE or FF on the odd chance I'm having compatibility issues with a pop-up or a form.

For those of you that don't know, Google chrome tracks and phones home stats about you which in my book, is a "No No". However, all is not lost as Google Chrome is actually based on the "Chromium" source code - http://www.chromium.org

SRWare "Iron" browser - http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php is based on the same code but without the privacy invasion features. And all the google extensions i use with Iron seem to work fine. In speed tests, Iron is even faster.

For those of you that don't know, Google chrome tracks and phones home stats about you which in my book, is a "No No". However, all is not lost as Google Chrome is actually based on the "Chromium" source code - http://www.chromium.org

SRWare "Iron" browser - http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php is based on the same code but without the privacy invasion features. And all the google extensions i use with Iron seem to work fine. In speed tests, Iron is even faster.

thats great info thanks.

thats great info thanks.

:)

On the Iron page, there is a comparison between Google Chrome and Iron Chrome.

I am finding google chrome far better and faster than firefox, which one do you prefer?

The only main difference, is firefox has many useful plugins.

If you are still using Windows Internet explorer, i suggest you start using firefox asap.

I'd have to load Crossover before I could even try to load Internet Explorer. :) Between my desktop, laptop, and netbook, I don't have a Microsoft product on any of them. Photoshop is probably the only application that would be tempting enough for Windows, and so far, it's not tempting enough.

I recently tried Chrome after troubleshooting problems that a guy at the office was having with it, and an MS server. I really like Chrome, and now it's my primary browser. The part I like the best about it is how clean it is -- there is not a ton of stuff I don't want or need up at the top of the page. Clean is good, it allows me to see more of AlleyCat's photos. :23:

I still keep Firefox handy, since there are Firefox plugins I use that I haven't seen available in Chrome. So for me, it's Chrome most of the time, Firefox when I need it, and IE not at all.

Cheers!

For those of you worried about any security issues with Chrome.

The highly respected security company Comodo have made their own more secure version of it with excellent security features and privacy protection

its a free download

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/browser.php

Edited by wireless_guy

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

For those of you worried about any security issues with Chrome.

The highly respected security company Comodo have made their own more secure version of it with excellent security features and privacy protection

its a free download

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/browser.php

It's funny you mention Comodo because i just started using their Comodo Secure Email - http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/secure-email.php because of the likes of "Google" I read that webmail from Google, Yahoo, etc are all "scanned for advertising purposes" which again is just another blatant invasion of your privacy. So now i send all personal/important email encrypted through one account and use the others just for basic things.

• 2 weeks later...

I use both browser. According to me, Firefox is very flexibile and adaptable And Google Chrome is very speed, but it has problem with Flash and its very simple. I like Google Chrome’s appearance and the application shortcut which I think Firefox needs to improve more.

I've heard many good things about Google's Chrome but I'm very worried about the data privacy

protection.

I try to avoid Google where I can and I think with the Chrome browser it's very easy for Google to

accumulate informations about everybody who uses it. Google got so big as a search machine.

Than came the e-mail-service, than the browser. Now it's Google buzz (the new facebook).

If Google wants it they will find out everything about everybody in a minute. For example:

What you like, what you don't like, where you surf on the internet, when and for how long, who your

friends are and so on...

I have similar concerns. That is why I do not use Gmail and I switched to bing.com as a search engine.

I agree that google has access to too much information about the online life of many people.

Chrome is a good product, however, I genuinely prefer the interface of Firefox.

Chrome is OK, but doesn't have the Firefox add-ons and I am not crazy about the interface, I am also concerned about information gathering--I will take a look at Iron and the Comodo offering--thanks for the links. As for Firefox, I have found Firefox unstable since they switched to Version 3 a while back, it does crash and/or freeze a lot, and at least on my systems (one XP, one Vista, and one 7), it is not a memory issue unless it is a memory exception, but then again Firefox doesn't outwardly document its errors. Lots of my friends have had the same problem. I reverted back to an old version 2, and everything stabilized, however Firefox eventually gave me an unwanted upgrade. That's another issue, unwanted upgrades. Yes, it is slower now as well. As for IE, still use it occasionally. I have found a few websites, especially websites offering online shopping to be skittish with Firefox. Although it's changed now, a year ago, I couldn't get a Thai Air ticket transaction through Firefox, it would just go into never-never land and not respond. It's OK now, but many of the sites still build compatibility for IE first, and then Firefox. I tend to use IE when I have an online transaction, it is slow, but generally stable on the application side.

Chrome is OK, but doesn't have the Firefox add-ons and I am not crazy about the interface, I am also concerned about information gathering--I will take a look at Iron and the Comodo offering--thanks for the links. As for Firefox, I have found Firefox unstable since they switched to Version 3 a while back, it does crash and/or freeze a lot, and at least on my systems (one XP, one Vista, and one 7), it is not a memory issue unless it is a memory exception, but then again Firefox doesn't outwardly document its errors. Lots of my friends have had the same problem. I reverted back to an old version 2, and everything stabilized, however Firefox eventually gave me an unwanted upgrade. That's another issue, unwanted upgrades. Yes, it is slower now as well. As for IE, still use it occasionally. I have found a few websites, especially websites offering online shopping to be skittish with Firefox. Although it's changed now, a year ago, I couldn't get a Thai Air ticket transaction through Firefox, it would just go into never-never land and not respond. It's OK now, but many of the sites still build compatibility for IE first, and then Firefox. I tend to use IE when I have an online transaction, it is slow, but generally stable on the application side.

Firefox has an add on called "IE Tab" which provides full IE compatibility in a tab. I used it whenever I found an incompatibility. this add on stopped working with version 3.6 (used to work find with 3.5). I am still waiting for an update to this most useful add on.

If you are using an older release of FF, you may find a working version of IE Tab add on.