IGNORED

Taken me 6 years to get me mate to Pattaya

aussieg

It has taken me 6 years to convince my mate to go to Pattaya.

Finally he said yea ok, as long as its safe and there is no trouble or conflict... Great our plane leaves in 2 days arriving at Bangkok airport on Friday morning. Our plan was for 4 nights in Pattaya and 1 in Bangkok but I think we will just go to Pattaya.

Wanted to get an idea from forum members on travel there at the moment, and weather anyone thinks that we should put off travel. I thought that Bangkok airport to Pattaya would allow us to stay away from the red shirt trouble, but woudl really like some advice from anyone there.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Edited by aussieg

Well done on getting your mate to finally come ( another victim is born )LOL

Ive been trying to do the same for years with my best mate.................He thinks im mad..........thinks i exagerate about Pattaya

He whores in Oz drinks piss like there is no tomorrow and has a great time............

I will get him here one day...he might be 70 not out by then......and he will say to me...........why didnt i come here earlier

No just go for it, hit pattaya first and think about bkk later. What is with oz guys I've got heaps of single mates that wont come and sit at home complaining, wanking, spending $ for nowt! Shit james023 he will love it

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

Just a shame your not stayin very long mate..

Are you sure you will be able to get him to leave... 555555

Your friend will regret not going earlier, and won't want to leave. Ha ha, another one will soon bite the addict dust.

Im probably going monday next week, i wouldnt let the political thing worry you too much, just avoid the area where there are demonstrations. Your mate will be blown away. Its always easy to tell noobs because they have the biggest smile on their faces, Like someone said to me once, "its disney land for grown ups"

No just go for it, hit pattaya first and think about bkk later. What is with oz guys I've got heaps of single mates that wont come and sit at home complaining, wanking, spending $ for nowt! Shit james023 he will love it

Yeah i know he will love it.............can take a horse to water but you cant make it drink...stubborn bastard..lol

yea leavin wont be a problem, but these red shirts are a bit of a worry

That's why I booked my flight to Phuket. Last time I was in Thailand I flew out of Bangkok one day before they closed the airport down. Bookings can be made over the internet or with your agent to Phuket or Chiang Mai. You can then either make your way to Bangkok and then to Pattaya, the red army don't seem to be stopping the trains or buses. Or if you arrive at Phuket you can take a bus and boat to Koh Samui and then a Bangkok Airways flight to

U-Taphao. And then taxi to Patts as it's 30 km.

ive been trying to get a few of my mates to go for years, ones scared of planes, one doesnt think much of asian women, another cant save $....ive heard every excuse under the sun, i dont even bother anymore...i know your mate will have fun there....as for the weather i know its hot as fuck there at the moment.

enjoy

They take years to be persuaded, then they get there and say "why didn't you tell me about this before" then you remind them that you did several times... then they say "yeah but I didn't realise it was really this good" So I think its actually best to play the place down sometimes, just to get them to believe.

Pattaya weather:

http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?&wealocations=wc%3aTHXX0015&q=Pattaya%2c+THA&setunit=C

Thailand News:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/

Avoid Bangkok and go straight to Pattaya.

Keep yourself updated about the red shirts daily when you're here - and enjoy your holiday.

I was in Pattaya under last years red shirts rally, and traffic chaos was the only problem for tourists.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure all ex-pats have mates who say they will come but never do.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

yep... in that position right now with a friend of mine who had his heart broken nearly two years ago..

now he is starting to hag out with me..and i cant wait to get him to get there...BUTTT... he is just isn`t forthcoming.

cant understand why... its like "paradise " with all those friendly beauties..

i have stopped asking lads to come with me.most of my mates are married and i would never suggest a married man comes to patts because basically it ruins marriages. if your mate is single and it has taken him 6 years to decide to go, i would suggest he hasnt got that monger frame of mind. the guy who hassled me to go (terry tibbs) took about a year to persuade me to go. this was not because i didnt think i would enjoy it, i 100 percent wanted to go as soon as he mentioned it but at the time i was married so i didnt want to fuck my marrieage up by going to los (i knew for a fact if i went as a married man it was marriage over). unfortunately, or fortunately whichever way you look at it, 1 year later i got divorced, she was playing around....looking back it was the best thing that ever happened. within a month of being divorced, my flight was booked, the rest is history.

ive been trying to get a few of my mates to go for years, ones scared of planes, one doesnt think much of asian women, another cant save $....ive heard every excuse under the sun, i dont even bother anymore...i know your mate will have fun there....as for the weather i know its hot as fuck there at the moment.

enjoy

What is WRONG with that guy?

"You can check out pattaya anytime you like,But your heart can never leave"-Inspired by the song 'hotel california'

Make Love Not War!

lovenotwar.jpg