IGNORED

Talking Dictionary

Bakwan

A new Talking Dictionary (software) has just become available from "Paiboon Publishing" and "Word in the Hand" ( http://word-in-the-hand.com/ ). I have downloaded it and I think it's really great! Right now it only has 42,000 words, but they expect to at least double that by the end of this year and upgrades are free. It also has a lot of explanatory material about the Thai language. You can enter English words and get the Thai equivalent, or enter Thai words and get English. You can even enter "the sound" of a Thai word (using any one of 12 different transliteration systems) and find the word that way. And you can hear every Thai word spoken with very clear pronunciation. There's a lot of information on the Thai alphabet (consonants, vowels, etc.) and on things like tone rules and classifiers.

The cost of this software is U.S. $24.95. I think it's an excellent bargain at that price.

It's so new that it isn't even shown on the Paiboon website yet ( http://paiboonpublishing.com/ ). But you can find all the information on the "Word in the Hand" website (see the URL, above). I imagine you're already familiar with the Paiboon products. (If you're not, you should check out their website.)

Disclaimer: I don't have any connection with either Paiboon Publishing or Word in the Hand. I'm just a happy customer.

Bakwan

That looks good.

Listing the classifiers with the Nouns is such a necessary thing that most (if not all) dictionaries ignore

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

• 2 weeks later...

I have the paperback dictionary that I like.

I have just asked them to make it for pocket PC. Maybe many of us will also ask for Iphone.