Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flights in general from UK

Mr David

Just come back from my first trip and went there and back with Thai Air on old 747. Just wondering how many use direct flights and how many stop over from the UK. What is the best stop over? Just thinking that for my next trip it might be easier to have a hour or so off the plane in between to stretch legs and have a bite to eat etc. Your views on this please.

Also, thinking of going back over the Christmas period (around 17thDec - 6thJan). When and where do UK forum members think its best to book and where to book. Are flights much more expensive this time of the year?

If this has all been covered in the past (which it probably has) can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

I think it all depends on the airport you want to leave from, personally I like Emirates from Birmingham via Dubai, if timed right there is about a 2 hour stopover.

I live in sunny at the moment Telford (honestly the sun is out), so Birmingham would be ideal for me and the 2hr stop over sounds good. Will have to take a look at a few flight websites.

Thanks

if you can afford it pay the bit extra and fly direct.my opinion only.

All the flights seem to be pretty high at the mo, is this to be expected for December or is it just too early to be looking?

I have been looking at the direct flights from london for mid July and they are coming out at £750. Go early July before the shcools break up and it is £605.

Dave

:Chokdee3:

Hi DavidL,

I used to trawl the web for flights but my mate is a Travel Counsellor (works out of home)and I can't beat his prices and he does all of the donkey work! Last Nov/Dec flew out of Gatwick with Emerites via Dubui it was an excellent flight but the cost for the same flight now has gone £160! Have flown with Thai 3 times always had a good flight with them and I know the 747's are getting old but if your lucky you get their newer Airbus 330! Like tommyg I prefer the direct flight nowadays never tried Eva (fellow monger's luggage got destroyed) so perhaps not, also never flown with Quntas but had good reports about them and then there's BA say no more!

I can PM my mates contact details if you want?

:EvilLaugh1:

Hoff :Oops1:

Hi, yes please PM me the details. I know I am looking a bit early in the day but if the right price comes along why wait.

Regards

David

remember to check both your stop over times, hate bein stuck sumwhere on way home...sucks...

amsterdam good place to wait few hours if you like cofee and cakes lol

HI davidl just booked my flights i use travelsupermarket.com. They have gone up this year.I looked at july but won't pay them prices.booked early june emerites out of birmingham £541 but could have gone Heathrow £400/£440 etihad long stopover (7-8hrs)depending on day of travel,or £470 short stopover.Xmas just booked eva 9thdec-2nd jan £650 the prices seem to get dearer the closer you get to xmas.My advice is if you see a deal grab it they wont be around for long.Last xmas used qatar good only a hr stop each way £505 .can't see anything like it this year.GOOD LUCK you won't regret spending xmas/new year in thailand I done it once and hope i never have to stay in the UK again (7th year now for Xmas)CIMG0890.JPG

Flown with Thai on both trips so far each cost approx £650, just booked to fly out end of Oct with EVA and it cost £480. No personal IFE on the Thai flights but included with EVA. The same EVA flight for your travels dates is currently £1080 so i'd keep an eye on various travel sites for the next couple of months.

A lot of sites won't take bookings yet as the deparure date is over 270 days.

www.travelsupermarket.com is where I get my prices.

They are quoting rates from £675 non direct & £875 direct from Heathrow

Birmingham non direct was from £920

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

Just booked my flight for June, with Eva direct from Heathrow, £482.

Prices are fluctuating rapidly at the moment, checked this morning and the same flight is now £550.

Although I liked the flight & hospitality with Qatar, Doha is a shite place to stopover.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it