IGNORED

Private Taxi from BNK Airport to Pattaya

Bigpower

On my last trip to Pattaya my flight ended up been 7 hour late. I arrived in Bangkok at 1.30am, all I wanted to do was get to Pattaya as soon as possible.This is when a feel I made a big mistake.A guy came up to me outside door 7 on the ground floor level and asked if I needed a taxi to Pattaya. I said yes and we agreed a rate of 1,200B.We walked about 200 yards across a few lanes and he started talking to a metered taxi guy.

We got in the car (the 3 of us) and hit the road.Everthing seemed fine at this point until we did not get on the freeway. I asked where we were going and the guy said we were going changing cars. A few backroads later we stopped outside a bar where a number of guys were playing pool. This is when I started to feel nervous and was kicking myself for making what one wouud call a major newbie mistake. A few minutes later I was told to get into a old Toyota Camry witch I did hoping for the best.We left the bar area and hit the road. I still did not know where we were going until we got on the freeway heading south towards Pattaya. I still was feeling nervous becuse I felt I had no control over the situation and this guy could have taking me any place robbed me or done whatever he wanted to me. I was watching the road signs as we were heading south towards Pattaya. I have been on this freeway a number of times and had a good idea if we were heading the right way. There was very little talk and he was driving pretty fast. I started to feel a little better when we were going by Chonburi then lam Chabang, but I did not feel safe until we came under the sign that says Sawadee to Pattaya .I gave the driver directions to Soi Honey. When I got out of the car He gave me a business card,I payed him and a tip. I sat down on the for a few minutes and thanked my Buddha I was safe in Pattaya.I had 3,000 Euros in cash on me at the time, If things went wrong I coukd have lost my cash, Passport and ticket all because of one bad decision.

I woud like to hear members stories of taking taxis from Bangkok airport to Pattaya, GOOD AND BAD.

i'll be arriving at suvarnabhumi sunday evening and i'll ignore all the touts go up a level to arrivals floor, go to gate 9 and get a metered taxi, agree around 1200/1300 baht and end up paying about 1500 if a good trip.

never had a problem and the taxi guys have all been cheerful and helpful hence a decent tip :GrinNod1: .

mags :ILuvSex1:

when you exit arrivals go through the last door on the left facing out ,there,s a taxi meter rank there ,speak to the guy at the table agree the price off you go .failing that go to departures pick a taxi thats dropping off do a deal maybe a few baht cheaper than the rank .avoid the touts they quote a price then try and change it when you arrive in pattaya been locked in a taxi before now arguing on price live and learn .

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

This car changing trick has happened to me a few times, I have gone into it in more detail on another thread. I speak to a taxi driver at the airport, check out his taxi - good car, cold AC, then 5 minutes later I'm getting shoved into a heap of shit that can't seem to go faster than 30KPH. I sit in those fucking clapped out heaps of shit watching every other car zoom past. So I've had with talking to the touts & drivers at the airport, I'll pay a bit more and take the official taxis now.

On my last trip to Pattaya my flight ended up been 7 hour late. I arrived in Bangkok at 1.30am, all I wanted to do was get to Pattaya as soon as possible.This is when a feel I made a big mistake.A guy came up to me outside door 7 on the ground floor level and asked if I needed a taxi to Pattaya. I said yes and we agreed a rate of 1,200B.We walked about 200 yards across a few lanes and he started talking to a metered taxi guy.

We got in the car (the 3 of us) and hit the road.Everthing seemed fine at this point until we did not get on the freeway. I asked where we were going and the guy said we were going changing cars. A few backroads later we stopped outside a bar where a number of guys were playing pool. This is when I started to feel nervous and was kicking myself for making what one wouud call a major newbie mistake. A few minutes later I was told to get into a old Toyota Camry witch I did hoping for the best.We left the bar area and hit the road. I still did not know where we were going until we got on the freeway heading south towards Pattaya. I still was feeling nervous becuse I felt I had no control over the situation and this guy could have taking me any place robbed me or done whatever he wanted to me. I was watching the road signs as we were heading south towards Pattaya. I have been on this freeway a number of times and had a good idea if we were heading the right way. There was very little talk and he was driving pretty fast. I started to feel a little better when we were going by Chonburi then lam Chabang, but I did not feel safe until we came under the sign that says Sawadee to Pattaya .I gave the driver directions to Soi Honey. When I got out of the car He gave me a business card,I payed him and a tip. I sat down on the for a few minutes and thanked my Buddha I was safe in Pattaya.I had 3,000 Euros in cash on me at the time, If things went wrong I coukd have lost my cash, Passport and ticket all because of one bad decision.

I woud like to hear members stories of taking taxis from Bangkok airport to Pattaya, GOOD AND BAD.

Since all the crack down on crack downs at the airport, freelance taxi's can no longer work. So what they do is have meter taxi and take you to some back streets where you change cars. This has happened to me 5 times already. I only wish they would not lie saying, car broken, or something wrong.

Nothing to worry about, the guy who actually runs the company is a legit guy thats why driver gave you business card.

I actually met the owner once on the change over, and he appeared to be a very nice polite man, spoke great English, apologized for the troubles and showed all the new cars he had for the service.

PS. Airport to Pattaya -1000 baht, had no problem each time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

You want a taxi from the north coast of New South Wales to Pattaya?? Jeez mate, that's gonna cost you.

(BNK is Ballina Byron Airport in Australia)

:Oops1: