IGNORED

Good Bars in Jomtien

tsemperor

So far only been to Thailand two times, but reading this thread I see that I've been missing out on some great fun. We usually start and end the nights in Jomtien, but have only walked up and down Thap Praya... the Sois in Jomtien I've forgotten all about, and never checked them out. So just got one more thing to do when I get back! Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a place hidden away in Jomtien Complex named the Fantasy Bar actually its not really a girly bar, but they have a few "ancient" ones around for company. The thing about the bar is its unique drinks selection, their drinks menu is 21 pages long, all the bottle are on show around the bar. The dearest being Hennessy Richard B9000 a SHOT

Its always busy, mainly with Scan's as its cheap, Sam Lite and most beers are B50 all the time, worth a visit if your interested in unusual drinks

Found a place hidden away in Jomtien Complex named the Fantasy Bar actually its not really a girly bar, but they have a few "ancient" ones around for company. The thing about the bar is its unique drinks selection, their drinks menu is 21 pages long, all the bottle are on show around the bar. The dearest being Hennessy Richard B9000 a SHOT

Its always busy, mainly with Scan's as its cheap, Sam Lite and most beers are B50 all the time, worth a visit if your interested in unusual drinks

It's a nice bar and filled with a mix of people not just Scandanavians. I like the airconditioned inner bar to escape the heat (and dust). There are not just ancient ladies in the bar with some nice 20 year olds, like nearly all bars they come and go but they have had some nice ladies and they are available.

• 4 weeks later...

gerry53

Agree with you about Fantasy Bar its a quality bar IMO probably the best in Jomtien, in there quite a lot in Aug. paying just 50bht for red wine, There was a selection of young ladies working there at that time

Flying Dolphins is another of my favorite bars, party this Tuesday, its their 9th anniversary live music and free food

• 1 month later...

Man, just reading some of these comments makes me want to at least go there , how far is it and what does a baht bus cost?

Only about 7/8 mins. on a baht bus 10bht fare

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Jomtien December to January, only place I saw any new and sexy girls where at the rompho bar complex as mentioned earlier. The old bars was almost empty or only elder girls, all the new ones had gone up to the bar complex.

Went to the Oxford street bar last night, on new second road top of soi 5 area, very nice joint. The wife had some Thai food and said it was very good, good leather seating and air con, nice people, spoke to owner Russian lady,she says it's doing ok, but I got the impression it's quiet. Shame as its a lovely bar and the drink is not expensive 70฿ for San mingle.. But no doubt to expensive for the many cheap Charlie's who seem to be everywhere now

I like "Mamas bar" in the Soi with no name, between 7 and 8. Nice bar for a game of pool with the girls... To start with..

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

i use to like that bar Lovejoys.........it was always busy ...the one opposite Jomtien Complex that is......

The soi with no name is Soi Denmark isn't it?

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

The Soi between 7 & 8 in Jomtien is Soi Whitehouse same name as the hotel at the end of the Soi

I like "Mamas bar" in the Soi with no name, between 7 and 8. Nice bar for a game of pool with the girls... To start with..

Pretty sure it was closed for 30 days.

That is ashame about Mama's bar I too enjoyed playing pool and drinking with the girls. I hope my other fav bar in Jomtien (Oliver's Bar) is still going

Just a quick up-date, all the bars that were closed for 30 days are open again, but all Jomtien seems to be under 1am closing order, if you want a late drink the gogo is open till about 3am it seems. Its not really that bad in there, I have been going a lot recently, the music is very good if you like old rock video's, the girls aint pushy, some look border line age, so be careful, and they have a draught beer for B55 all night.

Just a quick up-date, all the bars that were closed for 30 days are open again, but all Jomtien seems to be under 1am closing order, if you want a late drink the gogo is open till about 3am it seems.

Where is the gogo?

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Its on Thap Praya road quite close to the beach. Go beachroad north until it turns towards second street, walk maybe 100 metres on it on the right side and you are there.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

Pretty sure it was closed for 30 days.

Nope. Played some 8 ball there May last year and all the ball`s went down.

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

• 2 weeks later...

My favorit bar is OttO BAR soi.7. I was der i desember i love every one. some very beautyful girls fro 21-35. yers old.

Not pushy at all. I miss all off dem to murts.

• 3 weeks later...

Toyol..............why are you going thru all the old posts..............and adding 1 word comments........................

Tik Tak bar is fun place. The owner and the girls are very friendly. Pool table free like most Jomtien bars. Relatively new beer bar complex at the top of Soi 7.

Other bars in that complex like Aussie bar seem to be busy. Although the Western bar seems to have annoying and loud bands (I use the word band but they wouldn't even get past round one on X factor).

Soi 7 itself and Soi 2 are also worth a punt.

I think the name of that 50+ new bar complex is Rumpo, too bad a bus doesn't go past Haniman statue. I would take the bus to Soi 5 or 7 and tour on your way up. With the addition of all those bars you must find something although I think there's too many bars for the area now.

Wine improves with age. The older I get the better I like it.

You only as old as the girl you feel.

In Pattaya, your her customer not her boyfriend.

• 2 weeks later...

If your ever in the South side of Jomtien try dropping in to Apple Bar on Soi Chaiyaphuk 1. Low prices,darts, pool and great girls. We are adjacent to the new 2nd road roadworks. Just look for the 4 metre high dancing girl!

http://www.apple-bar.com

PostIMG_0023.png

Chris

Post2012-01-31 15.19.22.png

Just another day in Paradise!

WIll call in next week, shame you don't do strongbow !! in Jomtien 10 nights but will be trying to avoid the water

I live in that area and can confirm great bar.

great prices 60 Baht SML

Nice admosphere too !

Jomtien is a hit and miss, Space Monkey 100 meters down the road from Apple is also great.

Archived