IGNORED

sharing taxi

chris19713

hello all

i was wondering what are the chances of sharing a taxi from the airport to pattaya without the pre planning. i never caught a taxi before but i hear the best way to do it is to get one from the top floor where they have just dropped someone off for departures.

are there a sufficient number of mongers looking for the same thing that could share i imagine there are but i never tried. the times i will be there will be around 10.30/11pm & 11.30pm/12am.

would you share a taxi with a stranger who approached you in an airport? I wouldn't

you may be better off posting the date and hoping for a BM arriving the same time

would you share a taxi with a stranger who approached you in an airport? I wouldn't

you may be better off posting the date and hoping for a BM arriving the same time

I would suggest you post a notice in the transport section of the forum and or send an email to this Mr T car service which costs BHT1,000 inc all tolls one way if you have any more questions just PM me.

This is a service by Mr T taxi service very reliable and safe.

[email protected]

Edited by devee8

Take a minibus 180 bath , every 30 minutes , just as fast as a taxi .

And as if you don't mind to sit with strangers in one car , this is really cheap .

If you want a taxi , the top floor is the best way , but not all the taxis are to keen

to drive to Pattaya , because they are not shore to find a customer for the way back .

Or you have to find a taxi that is stationed in Pattaya and just dropped af a passenger .

Maybe you can make a deal with them . A Bangkok taxi is gonna charge you 1200/1500 bath .

From Pattaya to the airport it is 800 bath , ex. motorway .

The mini bus option sounds the best advice. I have never done it as I don't know where they go from (probably because I've never looked), didn't know they were that frequent, don't know what time they start and stop.

I've shared taxis from the airport before, never had a problem. A couple of ways to try and find a person you can spend an hour and a half with are:-

Try and strike up a conversation on the plane with somebody, chances are the person beside you might be going to Pattaya by themselves, you've got 11 hrs to get to know them.

If you are a smoker you have the chance of meeting someone in the smoking area if you are stopping on route, or if direct when you are outside the airport at BKK go to the smoking area, there always is someone there going to Pattaya.

You can pick up a taxi from the departure area upstairs, but as said before there is a reluctance. You will get one slightly cheaper, but if you are sharing your saving might be something like 2 quid.

One tip, if you do share, make sure they have minimal luggage as all the taxis run on gas and have very small boot space other than people carriers. You could end up sharing your seat in the taxi with a stranger and a shed load of luggage, not at all pleasureable, it happened to me once.

Good luck.

http://www.happinessguesthousepattaya.com/

happiness logo.png

Where do you go to get a minibus from airport to Pattaya? I've never seen them, and do they run at all hours, like late at night and early AM?

By the way, taxis from airport to Patts. Seems every time I get one I talk to the taxi driver and he's a nice guy and I check out his taxi and it's in good nick and the AC works and so we agree on the price and set of, then 2-3 kilometers into the trip he pulls into a gas station and gives me some BS about having to change taxis and I end up with an asshole in a clapped out piece of shit with broken AC and it takes for-fucking-ever to reach Pattaya. Has this happened to any of you guys or am I just an unlucky bastard?

Don't know about the mini buses, but interested to find out.

As for the taxis stopping, the only time it has happened to me is when I ask them to stop so as I can get a beer and/or have a smoke. Don't believe your luck!

Where do you go to get a minibus from airport to Pattaya? I've never seen them, and do they run at all hours, like late at night and early AM?

By the way, taxis from airport to Patts. Seems every time I get one I talk to the taxi driver and he's a nice guy and I check out his taxi and it's in good nick and the AC works and so we agree on the price and set of, then 2-3 kilometers into the trip he pulls into a gas station and gives me some BS about having to change taxis and I end up with an asshole in a clapped out piece of shit with broken AC and it takes for-fucking-ever to reach Pattaya. Has this happened to any of you guys or am I just an unlucky bastard?

Yeah, this is quite common, it's the way a family makes money.

It costs a lot to have a taxi, and non-taxi's can't tout for work at the airport so a group (family, acquaintances) may fund a taxi to legally pick up at the airport and transfer to a normal car just past the airport, then the taxi returns to do another pickup.

If you know you are going to go from the airport straight to Pattaya why not book ahead with one of the reputable payttaya transfer firms? much less hassle in the long run.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. To me the worst aspect is I sometimes end up having a bit of an arguement with the drivers over this, and it pisses me off just being back in LOS for 10 minutes and already in a heated hassle with Thais. Last time I took a taxi from airport to Patts I was ready for this shit, so when I talked with the taxi driver at the airport I stressed to him there's was to be no switching cars. He swore black & blue he'd take me all the way to Patts, but same shit. 10 minutes later I'm getting stuffed into another fucked up old car. I was real pissed but what can you do. It was about 1AM and I just wanted to fucking get there and get a beer down my neck.

hello all

i was wondering what are the chances of sharing a taxi from the airport to pattaya without the pre planning. i never caught a taxi before but i hear the best way to do it is to get one from the top floor where they have just dropped someone off for departures.

are there a sufficient number of mongers looking for the same thing that could share i imagine there are but i never tried. the times i will be there will be around 10.30/11pm & 11.30pm/12am.

Just book a taxi in advance.

When you are in line for immigration and baggage claim talk to other people and see

if you can find someone who wants to share the taxi fare with you.

I always find at least one person. If not be prepared to pay 1000 Baht.

http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

have a safe trip

thanks for the advice.

not sure whether i want to head into bangkok so i was looking at the options of getting to pattaya late at night. i know about mini vans leaving pattaya starting at 5am every hour til 8pm on the corner where second road meets pattaya klang for 300 baht. if the last one leaves at 8pm it will return from the airport about 10pm so this is not the 180 baht mini van mentioned previously. can't imagine mini vans plying there trade after 10pm at night.

looks like i will get a taxi if i go to pattaya.