IGNORED

Vaccinations

mikeycar

Hi All

Just been to the docs for my vaccinations- I was advised and have had combined Hep A and Typhoid, and Diptheria, Tetanus/Polio- all free on NHS.

I was also advised that 'maybe' I should have a rabies injection- does anyone else get this?, is there a risk?

I was also going to ask the nurse about Hep B, but bottled out at the last moment as she was very cute and felt a bit embarrassed !!!

Mike

You are lucky to get those injections free from NHS... I had to pay for them for €120 , daylight robbery from Irish Doctors.

No need to worry about rabies in Pattaya or Bangkok - only if you're thinking of going and starting a fight with a monkey on Ko Chang or something.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

The hep shots are worth having, maybe the tetanus booster too, I wouldn't worry about the rest.

Talking about picking fights with a monkey. I did that once many years ago at Krabi. I'd read a few days earlier that monkeys bare their teeth to challenge another monkey, and I was walking through the Jungle and came across this big old bastard with his balls dangling in the dust and decided to pick a fight. I stared at him, he stared back at me, I bared my teeth, he bared his teeth, I started making snarling sounds as I bared my teeth even more, then he charged me. When he was about 2 meters away I suddenly held up both open palms in front of me to indicate surrender. He fully understood and stopped. I had picked a fight and then given in to him. He was the boss, the Jungle king. This had been fully established between us.

• Like 1

Monkey fighting

I forgot to ask- do you pay for it?, and is there a happy ending (for me not the monkey)?

i would ask about the Heb B aswell probably the most important when visiting patts. Just tell her if your embrassed that your worried if you had a blood transfusion that you could get hep B.

I have had all the Hep jabs A, B , C from the doctor. Heb c is £15 for each injection you need 3 over about 6 months. I have had the rabies jabs before when i first went to cambodia but at £45 each and you need 3 they are a bit pricey and if you get bitten you still need 6 injections into your stomach withtin 24 hours or your dead anyway. If you havent had the jabs you need 12 injections into your stomach within 12 hours or your dead.

If your near to any good hospitals ie. Bangkok, Pattaya then no need to worry.

If your getting of your face in the middle of the Jungle the 12 hours could be the difference between life and death.

Edited by lbfmlover

I have had all the Hep jabs A, B , C from the doctor. Heb c is £15 for each injection you need 3 over about 6 months.

I was under the impression that an effective vaccine against hep C doesn't exist, am I wrong?

Edited by Havver

I would recommend Hep B.

I had it done before my first trip a couple of years ago. Cost me £60. I think there are a course of two injections over a period of time, and also I think you can get a "quickie" version.

Your doc will advise if I am correct.

Tony

In the process of getting my hebs B injections through the Local NHS GUM/STD clinic,

There are 3 injections in the quickie vaccination the second one 1 week after the first the third 3 weeks after the 2nd and then finally a test about 2 months after the jags to see if the vac as been accepted within the body, all for free :FunnyPost1:

had to go the std clinic route for the heps b cause my local health center would not do this vac got all my other ones there, privately hebs b was going to be about £150, money better spend in Patts :GoldenSmile1:

Hi Thanks- I am more concerned about Hep B- did you pay at the STD clinic?, although, will try the concern over blood transfusion approach at GP's first

Hi Thanks- I am more concerned about Hep B- did you pay at the STD clinic?, although, will try the concern over blood transfusion approach at GP's first

No Mate did not pay at the STD clinic, just was open and frank with the consultant telling her that will be sexually active :) in Thailand.

She was happy to offer me the vaccination since Thailand is an area of high Heps b infection, had a bit of a wait because it was an openday at the clinic, but hey it saved me £150 and i got 12 free condoms