Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review: Sunshine Hotel and Residence

tode1640

I stayed in the Sunshine hotel and Residence for four nights, a few days ago (a standard double room in the residence wing), and paid about 1,200 baht per night via agoda.

Pros:

The location really couldn’t be better, being in the middle of the Beer Bar country of Soi 8, and a few minutes baht bus ride from Walking Street. This is quite a noisy area but even though I was in a room on a low floor, it was reasonably well soundproofed and the noise didn’t bother me at all. The room was clean, and carpeted (which is a rare luxury for Pattya). There is a large safe in the room, comfortably big enough for my laptop – which is always my main concern. The air conditioning was a bit loud, but very effective. The staff are efficient, and helpful when approached, although they aren’t particularly friendly (they generally seemed harassed). The security is really very good – with guards and cameras monitoring the lifts as well as a 24 hour reception. They are very girl friendly, but do take their checks on visitors IDs seriously (I saw a girl who was with another guest, being refused admission because she had no ID). They have a very reasonable 24 hour café on the ground floor that serves both thai and falang food.

Cons:

The rooms are quite small, the bathrooms are very basic, and the décor and general ambiance is somewhat gloomy. Although the bed linen and towels are very clean, they are quite worn – to the point that most hotels would have replaced them a long time ago. In my room the bed was two single beds pushed together, and made up with king-size bedclothes. This is very uncomfortable when you end up lying on the join.

Overall, this was a fairly ordinary experience. There was nothing really wrong with the hotel, but you can get much nicer hotels in Pattaya for only a little more money, and ones that are as good for much less. I would return if everything else was booked solid and I couldn’t do any better – but, I suspect that I usually will be able to do better and so, I probably won’t return.

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

A very fair review. I think it is the sort of hotel that is fine for a first visit to Pattaya. The noise is a major problem and like some other places the furniture fittings and linen are well past their best.An 'OK' rating is about right - if nowhere better to stay. As reviewer says, there are dozens of better hotels for the same money.

Stayed at sunshine in feb,thought it was ok for the price.Bedding and towels cleaned everyday,brilliant location.

Just booked june22-july14 with THOMAS COOK £402