IGNORED

vasectomy rever

mikediver

I did a search for vasectomy reversal on this forum and got nothing usable, so I would like to ask about it here.

This site probably has a lot more advice about getting a vasectomy than going the other way. I followed that advice when I had a hernia operation a few years back. The surgery for hernia is in the same area, and could kill two birds with one incision. Saw no reason not to have it done, as I was single and had enough children (including two boys still at home). My wife had died when the youngest boy was three, so I have raised them, full time, by myself.

Then I was introduced to a "nice" filipina, and that led, after a long and chaperoned courtship, to a remarriage. I had heard the joke:

Q: Why wasn't Jesus born in the Phillipines?

A: Because even god could not find a virgin.

However, I had no problem finding one, and yes I am sure, in the only way you can be sure; distructive testing just before the wedding. So, as most of you should know, filipinas are strongly conditioned to having children. She accepted the vasectomy from the beginning of the courtship, but before marriage we agreed to try the reversal to have at least one child. Two years later it is now time. Insurance covers $0 on a reversal. The local clinic, which is well regarded, charges a minimum of $7,000. We are going to visit the Philippines in November, and thought of having the procedure done there. Not much comes up online about having the procedure done in the Philippines. Most of the sites route you to hospitals in India. However, online heath tourism sites list several Bangkok hospitals as recommended hospitals for this surgery. I have no experience with India, and would prefer to have this kind of thing done in a familiar city, Bangkok or Manila.

I would like the on the ground recommendations from guys that have experience with any similar procedures in Bangkok hospitals or elsewhere in SEA.

I have the body of a god! Budda is a god isn't he?

There's a clinic in Houston, Texas that specializes in vasectomy reversal and if I'm not mistaken even promises no fee if not successful. On my last trip back to the USA, I drove from California to Florida and back and remember seeing numerous billboards on the highway advertising this place. Try Googleing vasectomy reversal and Houston. Sorry, but I don't remember the name of the clinic, I was too busy laughing to myself and wondering "why would anyone want to do that?" Now I know the answer.

PS: Dirty diapers, stretch marks, bills bills bills, crying all night, child support payments if your marriage does not work, are you really sure you want to do this? Another child sounds about as attractive to me as castration.

Believe me, I know where you are coming from. As fair warning to all those others out there that are canoodling with a young hottie, and it is getting serious, a future child may well be part of the deal. I felt that having kids was the best thing that happened in my life. (I was equally glad that part of my life was nearing an end; my youngest is 16.) However, I could not see depriving the woman I love of a very fulfilling part of her life, and one she wants very badly. The deal is; I will try the reversal once, and we will leave the outcome up to god. The doctors count a successful reversal as sperm in the ejaculate. This is where they get the 85% and up success rate. But, the chance of a pregnancy after the surgery is only 50/50.

I forgot to mention that Bumrungrad responded to my inquiry this morning with a quote of 130,000 to 150,000 Baht. This covers just the standard surgery and not any after care, medication, or treatment for any complications. Just info to all out there that may find themselves in my circumstances.

• 7 months later...

My story goes like this... I got married young (19) to my Amrican high school sweetheart and had two daughters. My career in the USN created problems and couple that with growing up and apart we divorced. A year later I tried marriage again (with another American woman) and we had two daughter. So, four daughters later I decided to have a vasectomy (17 years ago). My second wife and I grew apart for numerous reasons and divorced. In 1998 I started visiting Thailand and soon found a nice girl and barfined her to the US and got married. I never worried or wondered about children with her because she has proven that hse is not responsible enough to be a mother... got pregnant by another man in year four of marriage, like to play cards too much and drinks allt he time. We have been married for 10 years and are headed for a divorce. Fast forward to the last three months... got reaquainted with a girl I met on a trip with wife. We have become cozy and intimate and are discussing a future together. She wants more children and I am considering having a reversal. I have checked in the US and understand the percetages for success and have the same attitude as a previous poster that I will go for it and let god decide the outcome. Any readers have this done in Thailand and was your experience good or bad? Very pricey mistake to try and correct but the cost is less in Thailand and since I haven't had any medical procedure done there was just curious of care and options. Thanks.