IGNORED

Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya

coutsa

Hi all,

I am going to Patts shortly with girlfriend (farang) and we are considering staying at the Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort. By all reports in looks fantastic and very beautiful pools and rooms. According to TripAdvisor though, it is over run by Russians thus ruining the whole experience. Does anyone know if this is accurate as we are considering staying somewere else now.

Apparently they are extremely rude and pinch ham etc from the brekfast so they can have it for lunch...

I wouldnt normally ask but have had bad experiences with Russians in Thailand before and couldnt imagine spending my hotel and pool time with a resort that is full of them.

Edited by coutsa

I don't know what it's like at the Centara Grand Mirage - but stay away from the Siam Bayshore (at south end of Walking Street) - the place get's quite a few Russians in there and they have this thing about "reserving" pool side lounges/chairs at sunrise. They place a book or towel on the lounge and then go back to their rooms for more sleep. Then it's off to brekkie and finally returning to the pool around 10:00am or 11:00am. I complained to the staff about this when I was staying there, but they did nothing - except smile of course.

I fail to understand why they are the way they are!! I have heard about the pool reservations at dawn, the stealing of ham etc at breakfast to eat at lunch and their general rudeness... they walk straight through you when they take up all the footpath and are really rude to everyone. I am yet to see one smile unless they have consumed a lite and a half of vodka or when their pockets are full of taken food.

Centara Grand Mirage is one of the largest resort in town, even full you will found a quiet place on the large garden. The Zign, also on Naklua offer also acess to a beach and is more asians tourist oriented, Garden Cliff also on Naklua beach can also be a good choice.

Wong Amat Beach is the new place to be,20 years ago was without bulding.

Wong Amat beach on 1989

wa89.th.jpg

On 2009...

wabldg3.th.jpg

http://pattayaone.com/centralmirage.html

http://pattayaone.com/zign

http://pattayaone.com/gardencliff