IGNORED

Hotels with laptop safes?

ratz

Hey guys,

does nana / majestic or any of those other "recommended" places

have laptop safes in the rooms? (or is that to up market? :GrinNod1: )

... thinking of bringing my laptop but would not be happy to leave it

totally solo in a room?!

Ratz.

Hey guys,

have laptop safes in the rooms? (or is that to up market? :D )

totally solo in a room?!

Ratz.

nana definitely a no-no, majestic suite has in-room safe but i don't a laptop would fit. the majestic grande may have a large enough safe. i stayed at the preident solitaire for a few nights & they have a large safe to fit a laptop but a bit expensive though. :D

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Majestic Grande, Marriott, Swiss Grotto, Westin/Sheraton = Yes

I would say the safes are typically a standard size. I don't think these will hold a large laptop (17"). My 15.4 will fit at an angle. I've also brought a laptop cable/alarm and locked PC around either bedframe, desk, chair, towel rack.

In Patts: Areca, Res Garden (and their new property in Jomtien), LK Metropole, HardRock and Marriott = Yes

Hi i stayed in majestic suites last year,and my laptop went inside the in room safe.

Ive made a measurement of mine 13"wide and 11" tall ,and its up to u what u think im talking about :Hair_Out1:

bitches and hoes

If you are worried about why not just get one of these

kensington_cable.jpg

I can fit my 10" vaio laptop in dynasty grande with plenty of room left in the safe. So i guess its possible to fit 13" laptops in dynasty grande safes also.

Hey guys,

have laptop safes in the rooms? (or is that to up market? :Oops5: )

totally solo in a room?!

Ratz.

I don't carry a laptop with me to LOS so I wouldn't know much about this, but this is kind of a specific question. Especially since you did not provide any dimensions of your laptop. And I'm pretty sure the last thing people do when then are in Bangkok is measure the inside walls of the safe and write it down to tell others. :Hair_Out1:

There are quite a few places that have safes in the rooms, IMHO you'd probably find more accurate info asking the hotel in an e-mail.

Hi i stayed in majestic suites last year,and my laptop went inside the in room safe.

Ive made a measurement of mine 13"wide and 11" tall ,and its up to u what u think im talking about :Cry4:

I have been able to put my 13" Toshiba laptop or my 12" Apple iBook into the safe at the Majestic Suites when I have stayed there in the past. :Clap1:

Electronic safe like the ones at the Majestic Suites seem to be about the standard used in most hotels that I have been in. They can take most laptops up to about a 13" size without any problem but I don't think that any laptop around 17" size would fit into them! :LMFAO:

Edited by Owl

Owl

Allway's stayed at chinhouse in Bkk, found it quiet safe to leave my laptop in my room, even when i've gone to pattaya for a few day's and just left it in my room, i've been staying at chinhouse for the last 8 year's one off the safest places i've ever atayed at in the LOS, i do know there is a policy that all staff are searched when leaving work, HIGHLY RECCOMENDED Accomadation, check my post on Chinhouse.

du du du short time ...tammai teug tum kub chan dai

Foxy007

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to fit my Toshiba 15" laptop into Swiss Grottino safe, but without luck...seems that most standard size EL Safes only fit laptops up to 14" maximum.

Cheers,

Doggy

• 1 month later...

Cannot use the cable because of this

bolt_cutter.gif

Edited by roguetrader

Oops just realized I misread the thread. In BKK?!?

Sorry the Queen Vic is in PATTAYA.

I have only stayed at the NANA hotel and I still take my laptop. This is how I do it. It's not the best solution but it is enough as a deterent.

This is only useful if you have stayed in one of NANA's standard rooms. I have tried to book the deluxe or suites but they seem to be bloody full all the time.

I always bring a large luggage back, my TARGUS computer bag, a couple of combination locks and a large 2" thick bicycle chain.

1) Lock up luggage back and put in closet.

2) Lock up computer bag with combination locks. I use 2.

3) Place computer bag on luggage back.

4) Use bicycle chain to hook computer bag to the hanger rails inside the closet.

Not the best but it works.

LIMEISTER'S PATTAYA JOURNALS

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

sheeesh, just lock laptops and cameras etc inside your suitcase.

i have never seen a thai lugging around a falang sized case and if they tried i am sure hotel security would be suspicious.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...