Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Livestreaming

IGNORED

How do you stay long term in Thailand when 6o day visa runs out?

slightly

Hi Guys

I have only stayed previously on a Non Immigrant visa when I was working in Pattaya,so I need some advice about tourist visas.

A friend of mine is moving to Thailand soon & doesnt know what to do.

He is looking to me for advice but I have heard things have changed since I left Pattaya 2 years ago

First question

What does he need to get a Non Immigrant 'O'?

Second question

If he gets a tourist visa can he do indefinite 30 day visa runs?

Is there a limit?

I know there wasnt a limit but I have heard that there has been a clampdown by Thai Immigration.

Any help would be welcome

Cheers

Slightly

Non O = be married to a Thai, or be 50 years and up and have 800.000THB in the bank, or pension (must be confirmed by his Embassy), or a combination of pension and money in the bank total no less than 800K.

Tourist Visa = He can apply in Hull in UK, or Perth in Australia. They give Multi entry, good for 12 (15) months.

Or go on visa run to Vientiane, Laos where he get 2 entry Tourist visa. This gives a total of 6 months with extension in between. After that he repeat this. I've been doing this last 9 years.

Edited by Expat46

Non O = be married to a Thai, or be 50 years and up and have 800.000THB in the bank, or pension (must be confirmed by his Embassy), or a combination of pension and money in the bank total no less than 800K.

Tourist Visa = He can apply in Hull in UK, or Perth in Australia. They give Multi entry, good for 12 (15) months.

Or go on visa run to Vientiane, Laos where he get 2 entry Tourist visa. This gives a total of 6 months with extension in between. After that he repeat this. I've been doing this last 9 years.

Hi Expat46

Thanks for the advice

I have a couple of questions

1/ 800k

Does that have to be in a thai bank or can he show that money in an english bank.

2/

Tourist visa

12 - 15 months?

I thought Tourist visa was 60-90 days?

You have answered my question about indefinite visa runs.

Thanks for that!!

Slightly

800K has to be in a Thai bank for at least 3 months before he applies.

Tourist visa: sorry that was a typo - Hull and Perth give NON O Multi entry (even to not married and those younger than 50) = 12 months.

If leave Thailand a few days before the 12 months (Cambodia visa run day trip) he gets a additional 3 months.

Easy to go to Laos every 6 months and get a 2 entry Tourist visa. Cost 8-9K from Pattaya all included. Takes about 48 hours.

Edited by Expat46

Hull Consulate:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Brisbane:

http://thaiconsulatewa.org.au/download.php?lang=EN;%20?%3E

They usually ask for copy of a Thai friends ID card + a invitation letter from that person.

On application form for Non O multi entry visa write "visit friends".

So all you need really is 800,00BHT in the bank and your good to stay as long as you want?

Hull Consulate:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Brisbane:

http://thaiconsulatewa.org.au/download.php?lang=EN;%20?%3E

They usually ask for copy of a Thai friends ID card + a invitation letter from that person.

On application form for Non O multi entry visa write "visit friends".

Hi Expat46

My friend' details are:

Age 50

Visited Thailand 6/7 times with no problems.

No Thai bank account or Thai assets

He has propety in Spain (Deeds etc)

From what you have told me, it looks like the lack of 800k in Thai bank account will stop him from getting a Non Immigrant 'O' visa.

I will inform him to ask for 60/90 tourist visa.

Thanks for your help.

Slightly

Note: Hull and Brisbane do not ask for 800.000K in the bank per today.

In these 2 places he will get Non O multi entry visa, with a copy of a Thai friends ID card + invitation letter.

All other places do ask for proof of 800K.

Please PM me if more info needed.

You're :Piss2:

• Like 1

We can help you with a visa for long stay in Thailand if required .

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059