Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Scuba Diving

Socker

Hi, Wanted to know if anyone has info on the scuba diving companies operating out of Pattaya. In between muff diving I would like to try scuba diving, I think there are a few operations run out of Pattaya, there are some islands nearby where you do your first dives. I would like to know if these areas are good for diving, and which companies are reputable. I am going for my first time to Pattaya 3/26 and stay about a week. I will post a trip report, thanks in advance. Socker

There are many scuba dive shops in Pattaya.

I would say you should go with an instructor you like and trust.

I started diving in Pattaya and since you have to take a boat to the dive spots

it is important that you find someone with a good boat and knowledge of dive areas and currents.

It may be a good idea to try a DSD Disover Scuba Diving 1 day course first and see how you like diving and

the instructor. Maybe the diver shop can count that day towards your open water course if you want to continue.

The guy I dive with offers an hour for free now in a nice pool...once a week one hour for those who want to try.

PM me if you want his info.

Hi, Wanted to know if anyone has info on the scuba diving companies operating out of Pattaya. In between muff diving I would like to try scuba diving, I think there are a few operations run out of Pattaya, there re some islands nearby where you do your first dives. I would like to know if these areas are good for diving, and which companies are reputable. I am going for my first time to Pattaya 3/26 and stay about a week. I will post a trip report, thanks in advance. Socker

Socker:

I highly recommend Mermaids. Went with them for my first dive in November and they were excellent. Frankly, it was not only my first dive...I am not a great swimmer either. All did not go perfectly for me but, no worries. Andy (from British Columbia) was my dive master, was excellent and had my back every step. They feed you good on the voyage, reasonably priced and decent equipment. Have fun and do ask for Andy if you are a first-timer.

jj

Edited by Trespass

[i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"][/color][/size] [/i]

Socker:

I highly recommend Mermaids. Went with them for my first dive in November and they were excellent. Frankly, it was not only my first dive...I am not a great swimmer either. All did not go perfectly for me but, no worries. Andy (from British Columbia) was my dive master, was excellent and had my back every step. They feed you good on the voyage, reasonably priced and decent equipment. Have fun and do ask for Andy if you are a first-timer.

jj

Hi, I tried to contact Mermaids a couple of times via email and I get no response. They sound good but cannot get thru to them. Thanks for the help. Socker

Socker,

the fastest boat in Pattaya is Pattaya Dive Center. I have been diving with them for 3 years. I highly reccommend Simon or Dave for the instructor.

http://www.divepattaya.com/main.php

Here is a link to some of the diving I did just recently at Koh Sak and Koh Croc.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/52697-pattaya-diving-pics/

Leaving the beach at 9am and back for a beer at 2pm. All the other dive boats in Pattaya take twice as long in transit.

BJS

Socker,

the fastest boat in Pattaya is Pattaya Dive Center. I have been diving with them for 3 years. I highly reccommend Simon or Dave for the instructor.

http://www.divepattaya.com/main.php

Here is a link to some of the diving I did just recently at Koh Sak and Koh Croc.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/52697-pattaya-diving-pics/

Leaving the beach at 9am and back for a beer at 2pm. All the other dive boats in Pattaya take twice as long in transit.

BJS

Looks pretty good, I will get in touch w/ them. Thanks, Socker

• 3 months later...

Thanks everyone for the info on diving. Last activity I am planning on doing with my holiday is learning to dive. I am a complete novice and know nothing about it at all but I am keen and can swim. I''ll contact Divepattaya and see what I can arrange.

Many Thanks

I did my PADI open water course in Pattaya with Dive South East ASia, they have a shop on the corner of Beach rd and Central rd. It was the first time I ever scuba dived. I chose them because the did the courese over two days, most places you spend a day or two in a swimming pool doing the basic skills, then do two days diving off a boat, 2 dives each day. With Dive SEA, you read the manual on the boat trip out, jump in the water, do a couple of exercises, then swim around til your air runs out. I chose them because being on holiday I just wanted to get to the good stuff. But Im a confident swimmer, if you arent then you might want to start in a pool. I wouldnt really recommend them aside from the abbreviated course, they seemed like cowboys, and at the end of each day the dive instructor would hit us up for tips, which I though was a bit of a pisstake! I want to do some dives or maybe an advanced course on my next trip in August, and their prices dont seem very competative compared to other shops.

This sounds great! Diving in Pattaya is what I'm planning to do when I'm on my next vacation leave. I just can't wait to relax and have fun!!