IGNORED

Transport out of town

tode1640

How do people get their TGFs out to the more far flung sites - places like the Tiger Zoo or the Elephant Sanctuary? I know that most of the taxis you see lined up on Second Road are returning from airport runs, and aren't allowed to transport people around Pattaya itself. Are they generally willing to go to these sorts of places? Also, how much would it cost to get them to wait and bring you back after an unknown amount of time? What other ways to BMs use to get there and back?

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

Their are many travel agents and kiosks along the streets in pattaya, they can organise any trip you like..

You could also stop a baht bus and negotiate a deal with driver, or if he wont go, he will know one that will.. Might i just add, if you going their take a cpl days at least, its fantastic..

Especially if one of you can drive a car or ride a scooter, the roads are not busy.. places easy to find..

Better than rushing up their, flying around tryin to get everytin done and not really benefiting from the experience..

Trust me doing it at your own pace with a lady is best..i have trip reports of kanchanaburi.

take taxi up their, then hire transport..

have fun

ps./ the hotel you stay at should be able to organise trips too..

Edited by malcyx

Thanks for that.

I would much prefer *not* to be on an organised trip if possible - I like to do things at my own pace. However, I'm not wildly keen on the idea of driving in Thailand. Getting a taxi out would seem ideal, but how do you get back? Presumably there wouldn't be any taxis out at places like the zoo or the sanctuary, or would there be? Would it be prohibitively expensive to pay a taxi driver to wait around for a fairly long period of time (several hours, I would guess).

Trip Reports:

Mark Twain

Thanks for that.

I would much prefer *not* to be on an organised trip if possible - I like to do things at my own pace. However, I'm not wildly keen on the idea of driving in Thailand. Getting a taxi out would seem ideal, but how do you get back? Presumably there wouldn't be any taxis out at places like the zoo or the sanctuary, or would there be? Would it be prohibitively expensive to pay a taxi driver to wait around for a fairly long period of time (several hours, I would guess).

Same same, wouldnt go on organised tour..does your lady drive scooter..seriously i would let her drive you around, i dont drive in thailand either, next time im up their i will, easy peasy..

You could hire taxi for whole trip, get your lady to negotiate price.. dont think you giving yourself enough time tho, its not expensive up their.. can i ask why you cant spend more time, 2/3 days?

you will only see the tour buses and peopl doing it themselves..no taxis.. then again, if your lady chat nicely to a local, chances are youd get a lift home for a price obviously..

can i ask why you cant spend more time, 2/3 days?

Because at the moment I will only be on a very short visit - just a long weekend really. I have sandwiched a Thai stopover into the middle of a business trip. I just thought that this might make a nice day out. However, if it's too far or there is too much to see sensibly in a day I might be better off leaving it for another time and sticking to things closer into Pattaya.

Trip Reports:

Mark Twain

Because at the moment I will only be on a very short visit - just a long weekend really. I have sandwiched a Thai stopover into the middle of a business trip. I just thought that this might make a nice day out. However, if it's too far or there is too much to see sensibly in a day I might be better off leaving it for another time and sticking to things closer into Pattaya.

sound dude..

if you havent been to Nong Nooch Gardens, take you lady their, elephant show,thai dancing, music, boxing display..apart from the gardens.. good day out mate..get some fab photos too..

from when you leave patts and get back, maybe 5/6 hours.. day filled and fun memories.

Plent cafes,cpl restaraunts, no need to take anything...

Edited by malcyx

There are plenty of "unmarked" vehicles for hire around taxi and scooter rental stands. Just ask them how much for???? The driver will take you wherever, wait for you, and probably see the sights with you, "away from you and your sweetie, of course." I hired a driver for an all-day trip to Bangkok, as well as a trip to Tiger Zoo, etc.. If you think the price is too much, back off. They will come around. THAILAND IS ALL ABOUT THE NEGOTIATION!!!