Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mr Mac's Hotel

Hoff

I have stayed 3 times at Mr Mac's and would recommend it to Short term visitors on a fairly tight budget looking for a clean comfortable hotel in a location with very good transport connections to down-town Pattaya and Jomtien. The hotel is situated on the Pattaya/Jomtien road which is busy but offers quick access to all parts of Pattaya.

The hotel has well appointed light and airy double bedded rooms that offer on-suite bathroom (shower/basin/toilet) with balcony and air-con, tv, mini-bar, safety box and plenty of hanging space for clothing. It is recommended to book the rear bedrooms if you want a quieter room as the front facing rooms can be subject to some traffic noise! Prices include daily maid service and 2 bottles of water and tea/coffee. Wireless connection is available and free.

The hotel does not have a swimming pool but has a large rooftop sun-bathing area. The reception is large, light and airy and has a comfortable seating area.

The hotel is located on the baht bus route to Jomtien or Pattaya and there are scooter taxis available at the hotel or you could rent a scooter from the hotel for a very reasonable cost. Other amenities very close by are: Internet cafe next door, Family Mart, massage Parlours, Hair Dressers, Laundry and some bars.

The hotel "Hakon" resteraunt is independently run by a mamasan who is very friendly, it is frequented by many expats and LT visitors, the food is Thai/english/Norwegian and is of good quality and low cost. The bar area is very popular and there is also an outside seating area(shaded)located to the front of the resteraunt which ideal to have a cool drink and watch life go by.

Prices for the rooms are very competitive ie: April approx 680 bht per night but are very negotiable depending on the duration required.

AND YES THE hotel IS VERY GUEST FRIENDLY!

Summary:

Mr Mac's hotel was recommended to me by a mate who has stayed there 17 times, the hotel is situated approx 5 minutes by baht bus from Pattay's Walking Street but far enough away to recharge your batteries, Jomtien is about 10 minutes away. The hotel staff are very warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble so give it a try you will not be disappointed!

I hope this review has been of some help to fellow BM's and look forward to their reviews of Mr Mac's hotel.

This April I have decided to up-grade to the Residence Gardens which is next door to Mr Mac's hotel so I will hopefully post a review of it.

email: [email protected]

Tel: (66-38) 25011-2, 250827-8

*Sorry about title heading could not correct it!

Cheers :)

Hoff

Edited by Hoff

I just want to say thank you for sharing with us the information about Mr. Marc's hotel in Pattaya. Honestly speaking, I have been to that hotel last year. Mr. Mac's hotel has been a joyful experience consistently, during the many times my friends and I have stayed there. It has a very friendly and social atmosphere. The food, service and staff are faultless. Always a pleasure!

Edited by josefina78

Seem to recall reading somewhere that this hotel is very "Gay" friendly? Just an observation! :Circle_Sharks:

Seem to recall reading somewhere that this hotel is very "Gay" friendly? Just an observation! :Surrender1:

During my stays there I have never noticed it being used by the "alternative lifestyle crew", clients tend to be more twenty + age group bringing their BF's back to the hotel at the end the night!

Hoff :001_Thank_You5:

I just want to say thank you for sharing with us the information about Mr. Marc's Hotel in Pattaya. Honestly speaking, I have been to that hotel last year. Mr. Mac's Hotel has been a joyful experience consistently, during the many times my friends and I have stayed there. It has a very friendly and social atmosphere. The food, service and staff are faultless. Always a pleasure!

No Probs mate, I have had such good stays there and I think they deserve a mention and if fellow BM's stay there I am sure they will injoy it as well!

Hoff :001_Thank_You5:

No Probs mate, I have had such good stays there and I think they deserve a mention and if fellow BM's stay there I am sure they will injoy it as well!

Hoff :NiceThread1:

Be nice to see some photos of the place.

You will love the RG, make sure to book though the FLB bar website to get a discount

You will love the RG, make sure to book though the FLB bar website to get a discount

Already booked direct with the management and they have given us a hefty discount because we wanted 3 apartments but thanks for the info what's FLB stand for?

Cheers :Grin_Jump1:

Be nice to see some photos of the place.

Mr Mac's hotel does have a website with some pics on it, but I will see if I have some if not will take some more when I am back in April becuse I will be staying next door at the Residence Gardens!

Cheers :Grin_Jump1:

Hoff

http://www.flbbar.com/ Walking Street bar

It links to this page, where you find the RG

http://www.pattayapages.com/residence/

Cheers mate

Hoff :Chokdee:

stayed at RG one time and walked up to mr macs to chk it out. hardcore ladyboys all mincing it up outside. i dont mind LB's. But it is gay/Lb haunt. or was.

stayed at RG one time and walked up to mr macs to chk it out. hardcore ladyboys all mincing it up outside. i dont mind LB's. But it is gay/Lb haunt. or was.

Stayed there in 2008 and last year and never witnessed hardcore ladyboys or the "alternative lifestyle crew", if it was happening I am sure I would have seen it, most nights we used to start the night off with a few beerski's in the hotel resteraunt bar "Hakon" and that was frequented by expats (brits/norwegiens) and their LT GF's, even in the Soho bar which was the closest to Mr Mac's it was only BG's!

Hoffmeister :001_Thank_You5: