IGNORED

visas for girls visting the UK

louie

I am hoping to bring a long term GF back to the UK for 3 months but I seem to remember reading about scams with false offices and all sorts of rip offs in the Immigration dept in BK

Can anyone give me any help avoiding getting ripped off and spending days on end pleading with some prick to stamp a bit of paper ?

we have a Bm here who provides a service..been recomended here many times

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/user/178-thai-visa-express/

http://www.thaivisaexpress.co.uk/

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I did it all myself. My girl is coming back here soon. Don't want to pi55 in anyone's boots, but I have taken a look at some of the 'visa agencies' and there is a lot of scare - mongering being done on some of them. If you have half a brain about you, can show photocopies of skype printouts, phone records, printer copies of photo's of you together, 6 months of bank statements and a decent sponsorship letter you can do it yourself. Easily.

You can do it online here:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/applyonline/

Or hardcopy here:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/VAF1A

And here is the 'required supporting documents' page:

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/images/VisitSocial.pdf

The biometrics (fingerprinting) takes only about 30 minutes. The Agency that handle the application are easy to find and close to the MRT station.

You will have to spend a bit of time on it (few days or a lot of hours planning it out/going through each section), but I did it with my GF over Skype whilst I was in the UK.

The people who do it are not Pricks at all, but they are overworked and inundated with comedy 'I've known my BG GF for 2 weeks and want her to live with me' applications. So it's very hard to get a reply from them, and you have to go through the Agency for most inquiries.

Doing it yourself could save you quite a bit of unnecessary expense by using a 3rd party.

Some applications can take 2-3 weeks, depending on various circumstances. Luckily mine took only a few days. Plan well, and you should be fine.

Good luck.

There was something posted a while ago about some office close to the VFS office (where the application must be submitted). Make sure it is the VFS office that you go into and do not listen to anyone trying to get you into another office.

I have to agree with the previous poster. If you do your reseach and prepare a good application an agent can not do any better.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There was something posted a while ago about some office close to the VFS office (where the application must be submitted). Make sure it is the VFS office that you go into and do not listen to anyone trying to get you into another office.

Yes, this is important. There are idiots outside who charge 200-500 BHT to 'assist' (pester you more like) with your application. They basically con unsuspecting girls and falang's into parting with money for doing something they can do themselves. Don't listen to them, just go straight into the VFS office's and do it yourself.

If she is a visitor she must meet the requirements of Paragraph 41 :

41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a general visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months or not exceeding 12 months in the case of a person seeking entry to accompany an academic visitor, provided in the latter case the visitor accompanying the academic visitor has entry clearance; and

(ii) Intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

(iii) Does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom; and

(iv) Does not intend to produce goods or provide services within the United Kingdom, including the selling of goods or services direct to members of the public; and

(v) Does not intend to undertake a course of study; and

(vi) will maintain and accommodate himself and any Dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any Dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends; and

(vii) Can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.; and

(viii) Is not a child under the age of 18.

(ix) does not intend to do any of the activities provided for in paragraphs 46G (iii), 46M (iii) or 46S (iii);

and

(x) Does not, during his visit, intend to marry or form a civil partnership, or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership; and

(xi) Does not intend to receive private medical treatment during his visit; and

(xii) Is not in transit to a country outside the common travel area

If you use any agency ensure they are registered advisers with a fee scale complaints procedure etc, we are registered with the OISC in the UK.

They must demonstrate they have proven ability with all entry clearance matters and actually know the immigration rules with application experience feel free to contact me via my website for any advice.

Regards Paul.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 1 year later...

I used the services of Thai Visa Express in March 2010. Paul took care of everything, keeping me informed on how things were progressing and what documentation I required to provide. His Thai assistant kept my girlfriend informed with necessary details, as I was in the UK.

I couldn't fault him in any way, he did everything he claimed he would at our first meeting.

Found this place MyThai-Visa.com in wakefield West yorkshire,I phoned him today for the same thing,And it opened my eyes.It,s not as bad as i thought,Give him a bell and ask all the questions you want.He told me it cost,s about £500 all together,Hope that helps

Found this place MyThai-Visa.com in wakefield West yorkshire,I phoned him today for the same thing,And it opened my eyes.It,s not as bad as i thought,Give him a bell and ask all the questions you want.He told me it cost,s about £500 all together,Hope that helps

Do it yourself for a fraction of that.... All you need to do is read up on it, using an agent does not guarantee you a visa. It's not as hard as the agents like you to think.