Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

5-star - Girl Friendly - Accomodation

dr-dennis

Greetings All,

I'm making my second trip to Pattaya in April.

Could someone recommend me a nice 5-Star accomodation with a good swimming pool and amenities that is also Girl Friendly?

I am looking for either a condo or a hotel from April 15 to April 20.

Thank you.

Marriott, perhaps? Great pool; I found it to be guest friendly

Curious to hear what you find out about condos.

I think the Marriot is a dump . Good pool ( and mozzies ) but not much else .

You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train .

Remember that although many 5 star hotels are not exactly girl friendly if you book double occupation they should not refuse.

That is double occupancy NOT double ROOM which is quite different.

However................ do you really want to stay in a hotel where the reception look down their noses at you and will (possible) treat your guest badly? In my experience it takes away all the advantages to be honest.

Try the suites at The Vault - not 5 star but as near as damnit and they positively encourage you to take girls there.Close to WS but no pool I'm afraid.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I agree - the Marriot is pretty ordinary.

Do the Dusit D2, preferably in a suite. It's pimp, central to everything and its the most girl friendly hotel I've stayed at. I'll be back there in April.

There are some videos floating around on the web of it.

Avoid the Siam Bayshore - it's more of a family place. They'll charge you 1,000 baht for your guest - and they'll definitely look down their noses at you and your date.

I am sure that the Vault would be a very good experience for you. The same goes for the Penthouse hotel. Both offer something different and both are very good value for money.

There is a Topic that covers the Marriott just a few topics down from this one. The responses seem very positive.

I am sure that the Vault would be a very good experience for you. The same goes for the Penthouse Hotel. Both offer something different and both are very good value for money.

Except that neither are anywhere near 5 star, nor do they have a pool. As another poster mentioned, the Dusit D2 is about the best there is on Beach Rd.

All,

Thank you for the replier. How about AMARI ORCHI or AMARI NOVA?

Has anyone stayed there? They look nice on a website

I agree - the Marriot is pretty ordinary.

Do the Dusit D2, preferably in a suite. It's pimp, central to everything and its the most girl friendly hotel I've stayed at. I'll be back there in April.

There are some videos floating around on the web of it.

Is D2 on Second Road? I looked at the map on their website, but couldn't tell how close it was.

Any experience with the Dusit Thani? It's pretty far from WS, but -- like everything in that area -- it's only a 10 baht bus ride away!

754733.jpgMercurePool.jpg754728.jpg673384.jpg Amari Nova Suites.

http://www.amari.com/novasuites/

The Mercure hotel on Soi 15 isnt 5 star but its pretty nice for the price. Great location too. Super nice pool.

http://www.mercurepattaya.com/

Ive stayed there several times. Get a pool side room. Its been girl friendly for me.

Ive also stayed at Marriott and for the money you cant beat the Mercure.

(The pics are from the Mercure)

Edited by SlickMonkey

We have in the past stayed at the Baywalk and got the suite which is top class with huge furnished balconies overlooking Beach rd and only minutes to walking st

The Dusit D2 is right on second road almost opposite the Marriot. It's a true 5 star hotel but geared mainly for mongers with money to spend. The d - suites are as good as you will get in Sydney for $1000 a night. Anyone who thinks the Marriot is in the same league as the D2 simply hasn't stayed there. That's like comparing the Circus Circus to the MGM Grand in Vegas!

I haven't stayed at the Dusit Thani but my mate stayed there for a couple of nights after Xmas as the D2 was full and he said it was a lot more family oriented and he was also charged a joiner for a single guest - can't remember how much it was. The same mate bought 6 girls from LD1 back to the D2 and the girls on reception took photos for him and gave all the girls a glass of champagne while they were checking ID's. They may both be branded Dusit but they are run very, very differently.

The Global Nanpa guy has a good video of the D2 here.

By the way, even through the pool officially shuts at the D2 at 7pm they had no issue with me and my mates bringing girls back to the pool for a swim and some drinks at any time of the night. Granted the majority of the girls wouldn't get in the water, but that became our official meeting point at the end of the night to compare bar fines and chill out with a swim and a few more drinks before retiring to the loom :Cross_Fingers: I honestly can't fault the place.

754733.jpgMercurePool.jpg754728.jpg673384.jpg Amari Nova Suites.

http://www.amari.com/novasuites/

The Mercure Hotel on Soi 15 isnt 5 star but its pretty nice for the price. Great location too. Super nice pool.

http://www.mercurepattaya.com/

Ive stayed there several times. Get a pool side room. Its been girl friendly for me.

Ive also stayed at Marriott and for the money you cant beat the Mercure.

(The pics are from the Mercure)

No price info on the Mercure website.

No price info on the Mercure website.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See Rates and Reservation on their opening page.

Except that neither are anywhere near 5 star, nor do they have a pool. As another poster mentioned, the Dusit D2 is about the best there is on Beach Rd.

Really?? Just exactly how have you formed this opinion? How many stars do 'you' give them???

How do you guys put photos inside your post instead of an attachment?

The Dusit D2 is right on second road almost opposite the Marriot. It's a true 5 star hotel but geared mainly for mongers with money to spend. The d - suites are as good as you will get in Sydney for $1000 a night. Anyone who thinks the Marriot is in the same league as the D2 simply hasn't stayed there. That's like comparing the Circus Circus to the MGM Grand in Vegas!

I haven't stayed at the Dusit Thani but my mate stayed there for a couple of nights after Xmas as the D2 was full and he said it was a lot more family oriented and he was also charged a joiner for a single guest - can't remember how much it was. The same mate bought 6 girls from LD1 back to the D2 and the girls on reception took photos for him and gave all the girls a glass of champagne while they were checking ID's. They may both be branded Dusit but they are run very, very differently.

The Global Nanpa guy has a good video of the D2 here.

By the way, even through the pool officially shuts at the D2 at 7pm they had no issue with me and my mates bringing girls back to the pool for a swim and some drinks at any time of the night. Granted the majority of the girls wouldn't get in the water, but that became our official meeting point at the end of the night to compare bar fines and chill out with a swim and a few more drinks before retiring to the loom :Biatch12: I honestly can't fault the place.

Thanks for the info! D2 is now high on my list to try!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See Rates and Reservation on their opening page.

Way overpriced IMHO, and no king size bed. Worse yet, the price is listed in USD, not baht.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a dusit d2 standard room:

img1452b.jpg

img1450h.jpg

It's better in person as well.

Proper nice place, the shower is fantastic, staff friendly. Totally girl friendly.

If i could have afforded it I would have stayed there the whole trip.

If you have the money then it's great, the suite looks fantastic too.

• 2 months later...

Greetings,

For those asking about Amari Orchid, i would like to add a few Words.

First of all, Amari is one of the best choices for a luxury accommondation. I stayed there last August for 10+ days, in a junior Suite. Spectacular room, comfi, insane view, and spacious.

The problem is that Amari is not a "Guest Friendly" hotel. Even if u book a double capacity room they want you to register the second person, so if you are planning to get a different girl each night you will have to pay the price, 1000baht will do the work. So unless you are planing to spend your vacations with only one girl keep in your mind that joiner fee will be in your daily expenses. Other than mind that WIFI is not free, it was daily charged, around 500 baht(not sure though).

If you have any questions feel free to ask. i ll try to add some pix later.

This is the studio suite at the Dusit D2. I have also stayed at the King suite which is a loft style room with stairs up to the bed and bathroom/jacuzzi. I personally find the stairs to become a pain and actually prefer the studio suite, the facilities (i.e. jacuzzi, shower) are identical, it just has the living and bedroom side by side rather than the loft style. In addition the studio suites runs at around 6000 baht a night and the king suite is more like 9000.

They do have deals on their website (Agoda seems to be only the cheapest option for the basic rooms here, unlike most other places I have stayed) and definitely give discounts once you are a regular - Ive stayed there about 40 nights over two trip since December :Drunk_Party:

P1010786.jpgP1010787.jpgP1010788.jpgP1010789.jpgP1010790.jpgP1010791.jpgP1010792.jpgP1010793.jpgP1010794.jpgP1010795.jpg