Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jomtiem

Slacker

My 3rd trip will be in November and I'm looking to branch out for a couple of reasons. Firstly...I think Jomtien would be a nice change of pace without being too far from the action. Secondly...to get an idea of the condos with a view to buying.

Does anyone stay in this area on visits and, if so, what were there impressions regarding facilities (restaurants, bars, laundries etc.) and transport to and from the main Pattaya area ?

Hello,

Beware!

Jomtien has the highest criminality score in Pattaya!

You'll be beter of In North or Central Pattaya I think.

If yoy prefer the Jomtien area then I wish you Good Luck!

i used to have a Condo in Jomtien (view talay residence 1). It's nice and relaxed there, the beach is on your doorstep, several good restaurants, laundry on so on. There are some bars there but the girls were quite jaded as a lot of expats live there just doesn't compare to Pattaya. Transport is the main issue you have to get onto the main road then it's just 20 Baht to pattaya but coming back is a bit harder, I hired a motorbike and let the girl drive.

As for buying a condo try to rent before you buy, personally I think you are a lot better off just renting then if there are problems you just move.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

I used to live with my TW in the Jomtiem Condos - I loved the area! Not much for mongering however, and the Baht bus gets old if that's all you do.

Otherwise, good restaurants, nice walks along the beach road with it's own waking trail, and nobody "in your face"

There are a few BM and Bar owners who also live in the area.

There is lots of affordable accomodation close to the beach in Jomtien. It's a lot cooler near the beach, especially now in the hot season. If I want to go to Pattaya it's only a short distance by bahtbus or motorbike. I have tried living in Pattaya and Naklua. The traffic and the pollution can get a bit much after a while. It's worse on the other side of Sukhumvit. I like Jomtien, especially after having settled down with a good woman. :rolleyes:

Better suited top those who want a quieter holiday or fopr those who like to stay away from the action in Pattaya so they can escape every now and again.

Can highly recommend BM SpicyMartins Ace Cafe - they do a "Som Tum Sunday" which is good place to take the TG to in the afternoon as she can make her own Som Tum (free) and there are more earthly free nibbles for the boys propping up the bar. There's one absolute cracker of a waitress too - not sure if she "goes" though LOL.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thanks for all replies.

My trip is only for 2 weeks, but I like the concept of a condo-based holiday without the intrusion of hotel staff, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of bars and restaurants worth a visit...my only real concern is transport into Pattaya. I've noticed some places in View Talay 1, 2 & 5 for short-term rent and am wondering just how much of a pain the Baht Buses would be. (I haven't ridden a moped for 30-odd years and am unlikely to go down that route...especially with a skinful of Chang every night !).

Edited by Slacker

Thanks for all replies.

My trip is only for 2 weeks, but I like the concept of a condo-based holiday without the intrusion of hotel staff, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of bars and restaurants worth a visit...my only real concern is transport into Pattaya. I've noticed some places in View Talay 1, 2 & 5 for short-term rent and am wondering just how much of a pain the Baht Buses would be. (I haven't ridden a moped for 30-odd years and am unlikely to go down that route...especially with a skinful of Chang every night !).

The Bahtbuses will be the least of your worries. One will come along every 1-2 minutes and for 10 or 20 baht they will get you to most destinations in Pattaya in about 15 minutes. I moved from hotels to a condo for exactly the same reason. The daily disruptions from the room service was starting to annoy me.

Thanks for all replies.

just get to the main road baht buses are very frequent to the hustle and bustle if you need it

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

A reply I posted on another board answering about the transport between View Talay Jomtien and Pattaya:

The price is 10B day or night 24/7 to/from Pattaya and Jomtien on the baht busses. Honestly I rarely wait no more than 1 minute for a baht bus in front of the View Talay 1 driveway to go into Pattaya. And then to get the baht bus going from Pattaya to Jomtien you must go to the S. Pattaya intersection. In front of the school yard are the baht busses going back to Jomtien. So, getting back to View Talay Condo 1,2 or 5 after a night of partying on Walking Street is easy so easy. As long as you know to get the baht bus at the S. Pattaya intersection (South Pattaya Road and 2nd Road) to return to Jomtien, then there should be no problems getting around. Of course, use exact change (10B) and just ring, pay, and walk away.

Everyone repeat after me: "ring, pay, and walk away" ;)

Ive been renting a condo in Jomtien for over 7 months, i pay 8500 a month..Modern refurbished,air concon,kitchen etc..complex has 3 swimming pools,gym,shop, nearly everything you need and its very quiet. It takes me about 10 minutes from my room to get to Pattaya Walking Street,sometimes late at night can be abit of annoyance but overal ive never had any problems staying in Jomtien and i prefer the beach....

"Talk to Jesus"

Ive been renting a condo in Jomtien for over 7 months, i pay 8500 a month..Modern refurbished,air concon,kitchen etc..complex has 3 swimming pools,gym,shop, nearly everything you need and its very quiet. It takes me about 10 minutes from my room to get to Pattaya walking street,sometimes late at night can be abit of annoyance but overal ive never had any problems staying in Jomtien and i prefer the beach....

I am in a similar situation. If you stay long-term Jomtien is a better proposition and cheaper.