Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Immune Boosters

69gscal

Anybody here use any of the Immune Booster products on the market before/ durring/ after visiting LOS?

I'm planning my trip there nest month and am thinking I may start taking one of the over the counter products. Think I'll start two weeks prior and continue throughout the trip and three weeks post. Anybody recomend a good brand?

I'll do other things too to help keep my immune system healthy. A daily multi-vitamin, fresh fruits and veggies, a little excercise (not including the girls). Anything else I'm missing?

Reading some of the stories of people getting sick durring or after their trip really has me concerned.

Thanks,

Cal

Well as long as you are healthy to start with, id say a daily multi-vitamin, fresh fruits and veggies should be more than enough. But im not a doctor, so dont take this as a final advice ;)

Id be more worried about taking the right shots (hepatitis for instance) before going, some of these shots need to be taken half a year before you actually go...

If you want a good answer to this question, id go to consult yr doctor, he should know...

Edited by therealnapster

A good thing to have is antiseptic mouthwash so

you and your ladies don't pass on a cold.

And like the other replies common sense stuff

but eating lots of fruit is the best food for

the immune system.

Edited by kw59

There is no such thing as 'boosting the immune system' & any products which claim to do so are nothing more than snake oil. :) The immune system is nothing more than an inflammatory response to invading bacteria or viruses. You don't need to be a doctor to know that!

Good advice so far. Eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, don't smoke & drink moderately.

Research has shown that short term supplementation with multivitamins has no benefits. However, as a long term 'insurance policy' you might consider it. Beware of supplements with iron as it is toxic to adult males; we can recycle 100% of our iron.

Thanks to Linus Pauling's senility, we all think that Vitamin C can cure everything from a cold to cancer. However, recent research has shown that high doses of vitamin C (>500mg) is dangerous as it metabolises by taking calcium from the bones; leading to arthritis & osteoporosis later in life.

Oh & antiseptic mouthwash will kill bacteria, but not the cold which is a virus; our most dangerous predator. :LMFAO:

Peace. :Blah3:

sgu_banner.gif

There is no such thing as 'boosting the immune system' & any products which claim to do so are nothing more than snake oil. :GoldenSmile1: The immune system is nothing more than an inflammatory response to invading bacteria or viruses. You don't need to be a doctor to know that!

Good advice so far. Eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, don't smoke & drink moderately.

Research has shown that short term supplementation with multivitamins has no benefits. However, as a long term 'insurance policy' you might consider it. Beware of supplements with iron as it is toxic to adult males; we can recycle 100% of our iron.

Thanks to Linus Pauling's senility, we all think that Vitamin C can cure everything from a cold to cancer. However, recent research has shown that high doses of vitamin C (>500mg) is dangerous as it metabolises by taking calcium from the bones; leading to arthritis & osteoporosis later in life.

Oh & antiseptic mouthwash will kill bacteria, but not the cold which is a virus; our most dangerous predator. :EvilLaugh1:

Peace. :EvilLaugh1:

Great info El Cata, Thank You!

I guess I'll stick to my normal Multi.

Cal

Never underestimate the power of a placebo

Until you realize it's a placebo

Edited by ordinator

Be careful about changing your diet before or during travel. Its often the change in diet that causes the stomach to go into the WTF !! mode until it gets used to it.

Changing to a healthier diet is great - but not 1 week prior to travel. Ramp it up over a 4 week period. Same when you travel - take the local food in moderation to start.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.