IGNORED

marraige visa in thailand

hillsy

hi all, just wondering if some one can tell me how much would a marraige visa cost in thailand, and if one has this visa and has to leave the thailand do u have to purchase a re entry stamp before leaving.

thank you.

have I got this right a marraige visa entitles you to a one year stay but you must re-enter the country every 90 days?

but if you have a monthly income of 40,000bht per month you can stay forever?

I don't think there is such a thing as a 'marriage' visa for Thailand. What you can get is a multiple entry non-immigrant type-O visa. This allows you to stay in Thailand for 90 days at a time. You have to do border runs every 90 days.

If you are over 50 years old then things are easier and you can get a retirement visa (called a non-immigrant type-OA visa.) On this visa you can stay without leaving every 90 days but you must report to immigration every 90 days. There are income (or cash in a Thai bank account) requirements for this visa.

Also, if you do not have a non-immigrant visa before you arrive in Thailand you can not get one of these visas in Thailand or any of the surrounding countries.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I just Changed to a Marriage Visa. It gives you 1 year single entry. You mast report to Immigration every 90 days (just like a business visa with work permit or retirement visa. If you want to leave, you must purchase a re-entry permit or your visa is void on exit.

I just Changed to a Marriage Visa. It gives you 1 year single entry. You mast report to Immigration every 90 days (just like a business visa with work permit or retirement visa. If you want to leave, you must purchase a re-entry permit or your visa is void on exit.

I would be interested to know what the visa type is as stated on the visa. I suspect that it is a non-immigrant type-O visa. Marriage to a Thai is one reason they will issue this type of visa but it is not the only one.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

HI

You can have a marriage visa in Thailand.

You need :

- Non immigrant visa

- Tobien ban of your wife (house paper all Thai citizen have one)

- Certifications of your wife (interview by immigration officer) and for the first application a visit of an immigration officer at your home for verification.

- Certificate of marriage

- Eventually certificate of birth of your children

- Copy of your bank book and letter of your bank certifying you have no less than 400 000 thb in your account since at least 3 months.

- Residence location (you must draw a plan)

- Pictures of you and your wife (and children) together inside and outside your home

- Identity pictures (4x6) and 3 copies of each document

- Application form (deliver by immigration office).

- The cost is 1900 thb per year.

With this visa you can stay in Thailand one year and you don’t need to leave the country. As all no immigrant visas you need to check at the immigration every 90 days.

Cheers

JP

Edited by greatjp

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)