IGNORED

Interview with new Pattaya Police Chief

LaaMok

can you show me a law anywhere in the world that states alcohol or beer is NOT a drug?????

the new police chief "recognizes" that drugs are the main problem in Pattaya - I would certainly disagree with that AND would like to hear where he got the idea from - I suspect it was a moment of personal reflection whilst on the toilet.

use of certain drugs may be illegal and abuse and recreational use (including alcohol) may be common and illegal, but I doubt very much if it is the number one probblem in Pattaya.

somebody point me to the figures please.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wilko

• Dick Farang

• yogi100

• TGluvver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you show me a law anywhere in the world that states alcohol or beer is NOT a drug?????

OK, let's split hairs then .... no law in the world states implicitly that beer (alcohol) is NOT a drug .... I am saying it is not an ILLICIT drug

Once again I ask the simple question - why do you not think drug use and distribution is not the most important item on the agenda for police?

Where are you from ?

In civilized countries what is not explicitly forbidden, is legally accepted.

Where are you from ?

In civilized countries what is not explicitly forbidden, is legally accepted.

Thats not quite accurate. Some countries go down that route but others illegalise anything that is not licenced, see US FDA.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I was in pattaya this past november and it was different from my last trip which was in September of 2006. It seemed like there were fewer mongers and more malls and it looks like they are trying to build it up for the russian and asian tourists who come here for a more ''traditional'' vacation some even bringing there families with them. Total idiots. I hear this all the time about how they are trying to clean up pattaya and i usually laugh it off but it seemed different the last time i was there, it kinda lost its abstract charm , its not the wild frontier that it once was. I have actually moved on from pattaya , I mainly hang out in Bangkok nowadays, pattaya is terminally ill.

I was in pattaya this past november and it was different from my last trip which was in September of 2006. It seemed like there were fewer mongers and more malls and it looks like they are trying to build it up for the russian and asian tourists who come here for a more ''traditional'' vacation some even bringing there families with them. Total idiots. I hear this all the time about how they are trying to clean up pattaya and i usually laugh it off but it seemed different the last time i was there, it kinda lost its abstract charm , its not the wild frontier that it once was. I have actually moved on from pattaya , I mainly hang out in Bangkok nowadays, pattaya is terminally ill.

Not at all my impression, and I was there in May 2006 and every year thereafter. Yes, they are building infrastructure, but this has not diminished p4p. Moreover, I suspect there are more bars there now than when I first visited. Let's keep some perspective.

I think you'll find that Pattaya is remarkably healthy!

despite recession etc they continue to expand etc etc.

what they have done is develop markets that are more lucrative.

The hay-day of the old fat Western expat and sex tourist is past, the town really doesn't care who comes to visit so long as they have money. The demographics are changing - just as China is pulling asia out of recession it is helping along with other countries to fill the hotels of Pattaya. What the "new" tourists want is quite different to the Western single visitor - they will still want sex, but presented in a different manner, the Russians Eastern Europeans will want the kind of holiday that we used to have in Spain and Florida years back - packaged, pre-payed etc.

THe Western tourist trade will shrink and the others will take over and increase Pattaya's wealth further.

It's possible that the big BiB may be right. Most big Farang drug kingpin's probably are based in or near Pattaya because even if they aren't involve in the prostition business they also like to bang a lot of pussy.

"Most big Farang drug kingpin"

.....and this is "fact"? - what is a farang drug kingpin? - are they responsible for the drug sales in Pattaya?

Where does this theory get it's credibility?