IGNORED

Interview with new Pattaya Police Chief

LaaMok

We have reported over the last few days of plans by the new Superintendant of Pattaya Police Station, to clean-up the city and correct problems inherited by him from previous Superintendants. On Tuesday Morning, we conducted an interview with Police Colonel Nantawoot, who at the age of only 38, is one of the youngest Superintendants Pattaya Police Station has ever had. He has been transferred here to clean-up the City which is a haven for all forms of serious crimes. His main focus will be on crimes relating to illegal drugs. He acknowledges the fact that drug usage and distribution is the biggest problem Pattaya faces. He believes that by suppressing drug crimes, others crimes will also be reduced as a result. He will be reviewing the work of his investigations department to ensure that investigations into drug crimes are completed to the point that everyone involved in the chain of drug distribution is located and arrested. Many other points were discussed in our meeting with the new Colonel including plans to increase the numbers of Traffic Police Officers in Pattaya. They will be asked to better control Baht Buses and where they park and how they drive and response times for officers to attend road accidents will also be improved. Prostitution is also high on his agenda and he will be particular interested in arresting agents who provide men and women to customers for the purposes of prostitution.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/14330/interview-with-new-pattaya-police-chief/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wilko

• Dick Farang

• yogi100

• TGluvver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All sounds good, apart from the last bit.

He's going to be a very busy boy...

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Is this the beggining of the clean up...lol..had to steal this pic..

post-24021-1264160817741.jpg.jpg]

he will be particular interested in arresting agents who provide men and women to customers for the purposes of prostitution.

he cant be serious really can he?...

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Prostitution is also high on his agenda and he will be particular interested in arresting agents who provide men and women to customers for the purposes of prostitution.

Does that mean, he wants to catch some headhunters from Isaan who bring new girls to Pattaya?

Or does it mean that he wants the age of Thai Gogo bars to come to an end?

I can hardly believe the latter one, but ...

how far do the veterans think this clean up will go ? and how fast ?

Personally I would jump on a plane tomorrow and enjoy the last 5 days of mongering in Patts. Any later than that and it will all be gone :(.

Well guys remember,intent is one thing, especially in an interview with media. Getting the job done is something totally different. If he accomplishes 1/3 of his goal, he will be doing a great job.

Well guys remember,intent is one thing, especially in an interview with media. Getting the job done is something totally different. If he accomplishes 1/3 of his goal, he will be doing a great job.

I agree all good points.

My extra point is that drugs & crime is bigger in the UK & Thailand than the law enforcement system.

I'm all for cleaning up the drug problem...He has a tough road ahead if he plans on cleaning up the Prostitution here...He will soon see how much Money this alone generates for Pattaya..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

so let me get this straight

If I take 2 friends to a go go bar and they take home a lady I can be arrested as an agent to obtaining prostitution

"He acknowledges the fact that drug usage and distribution is the biggest problem Pattaya faces."

and what may I ask is his source for this sweeping statement?

If this is the kind of stuff the new policeman is likely to blurt out, how can one can give any credit to anything else he has to say?

Guest WetSpot

We have reported over the last few days of plans by the new Superintendant of Pattaya Police Station, to clean-up the city and correct problems inherited by him from previous Superintendants. On Tuesday Morning, we conducted an interview with Police Colonel Nantawoot, who at the age of only 38, is one of the youngest Superintendants Pattaya Police Station has ever had. He has been transferred here to clean-up the City which is a haven for all forms of serious crimes. His main focus will be on crimes relating to illegal drugs. He acknowledges the fact that drug usage and distribution is the biggest problem Pattaya faces. He believes that by suppressing drug crimes, others crimes will also be reduced as a result. He will be reviewing the work of his investigations department to ensure that investigations into drug crimes are completed to the point that everyone involved in the chain of drug distribution is located and arrested. Many other points were discussed in our meeting with the new Colonel including plans to increase the numbers of Traffic Police Officers in Pattaya. They will be asked to better control Baht Buses and where they park and how they drive and response times for officers to attend road accidents will also be improved. Prostitution is also high on his agenda and he will be particular interested in arresting agents who provide men and women to customers for the purposes of prostitution.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/14330/interview-with-new-pattaya-police-chief/

Is this for real. More traffic cops? What gives with this guy? Guess I should I cancel my trip in April for Songkran? Is there prostitution in Pattaya? Dam, haven't seen any. :10of10Score:

I can see it now. Jump off the plane in march get 2 pattaya and the streets are empty. That will be me gettin the very next flight back home never to return to pattaya again as I'm sure most people will do

so the girls will soon be out of pattaya? from what i sore last year i couldnt believe it... but times change an all that... damn that would suck so badly, i have plans for the next fifty odd years in that town purely cos of its avaliable females... i think they will find it looses them a lot of money cleaning out the hooking trade from the town...

experience is the mother of wisdom

they have to be seen to be doing something...

what about all the knock off watches and merchandise??? this is what really pisses off the rest of the world...

the girls will always be there, in different ways perhaps, but everytime a rule is made a monger will find a way round it...

we were talking not so long ago about mongering in Muslim countries etc. etc. thats a great example of how ridiculous a ban proves to be in practice...

you don't stop partying because you grow old,

you grow old because you stop partying

"He acknowledges the fact that drug usage and distribution is the biggest problem Pattaya faces."

and what may I ask is his source for this sweeping statement?

If this is the kind of stuff the new policeman is likely to blurt out, how can one can give any credit to anything else he has to say?

I would assume he has access to crime statistics and reports - why? what do you think he should be focusing on ... I find it quite easy to believe drug use and distribution is a fairly high priority

As far as I remember there needs to be a pimp to be defined as prostitution, at least in Thailand. Everything else doesn't matter.

If I take 2 friends to a go go bar and they take home a lady I can be arrested as an agent to obtaining prostitution

You won't even have to do that. Theoretically if a Thai plodster were to merely take it into his head that you did so that would be sufficient to have you arrested and kept in the monkey house till a large fine was paid. Additionally each of your friends could like wise be charged be with taking you to a common bawdy house for purposes of procuring the services of a prostitute.

The fact that you may have only entered said gogo bar to watch pretty girls dancing will be of no consequence. The legal system in the LOS is based on what a policeman claims you have done. There are certain factions in Thai society who have influence in the government who abhor the goings on in Pattaya. They claim to regard it as a disgusting, disgraceful stain on the nation's character and would like to see it stamped out completely. How would you like to see hordes of drunken foreigners come to your country shagging your women in exchange for money.

Large corporations have invested billions of baht into the building of swanky hotels and malls selling top of the range designer clothing. This has been done to attract high end, big spending tourists and families. Already there are multitudes of them descending on Pattaya and visiting the stores. You can see them with laden French and Italian designer named carrier bags full of goodies to take back to Mother Russia. In the last few years complete complexes of beer bars have disappeared to be replaced with expensive hotels and malls. The Festival Centre is the latest example.

When it suits them in the not so distant future these big corporations will not give a hoot about the floozies from places such as Korat coming to Pattaya to seek their fortunes courtesy of sex starved Western falangs. They will care even less about us disgruntled falangs. These companies have no interests in beer and gogo bars and as soon as it is suspected that the Sodom and Gomorah reputation of Pattaya is deterring the more respectable tourist from spending their hard earned in their venues their influence will be brought to bear ASAP.

In Thailand 'money is number one' in all aspects of business. Looking at it logically, if you had invested a great deal of money in a venture would you then tolerate circumstances that jeopardised that investment, especially if you were in a position to remedy the problem and these Thai and foreign businessmen with influence certainly are.

I'm guessing he's not referring to adults in bars but more about child prostitution, to synchronize with Interpol & the FBI who have taken up residence in town. If he goes after the Nigerians peddling drugs and causing grief, I'll buy the cop a beer. And a prostitute.

Been prostitution in Thailand for hundreds of years.No matter how many times they push for a clean up it will only last a short time at worst and then all will be back to normal

If and when it suits them the government will instuct the Police to clean up Pattaya and use any means necessary. If the local bobbies can make a few quid out of the situation they most certainly will.

Edited by yogi100

I think if they want to atract the high end spenders and families, they will not only need to clean up the drugs,beer bars and gogos, but more inportantly they have to get there goverment in order so they have no more unrest ( airport shut downs ect ). These people will stay away more so because of that then the drinking and girls. I bet us drunks and horny bastered kept the alive these past 2 years.