IGNORED

Looking for hotel, here are my needs.

steven9892

Looking for a hotel or apartment for 10-14 days in Pattaya (safe is a must). I want to within walking distance or a short drive, 5 minutes or less. I would like to keep the option open to bring home a freelancer. I am reading that you get hassled if you bring someone back that is not 20, I would like to avoid this. I understand that there is a security in having the desk hold onto your dates ID. My plan (please tell me if you feel this won't work) is to lock up her stuff in the safe until she is ready to leave. So if she leaves in the middle of the night she is not getting anything but herself out of the room.

Looking to spend anywhere from 800-1600 Baht a night. I do not have to have a pool or resturant in the hotel. All I need is a bed, shower, safe (that cannot be carried out), and 100% privacy. I have just read about horror stories how hotels have denied access, you get knocks on the door from police (scam), etc.

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Why would you like to bring someone back to your hotel that is under 20 ?

Most hotels allow 18 year and above. If you look for younger than that ...........

Most hotels below 1500 don't make any problem at all, unless your guest is underage. :Buddy1:

I would be careful on your plan to lock her stuff in the safe overnight and refuse to return it if she leaves too soon. I have NO experience on this subject, but, based upon other posts, I would be concerned that it could lead to a BIB situation (i.e., she claims that you "stole" her id and refuse to give it back).

I would go with a reputable hotel that holds the i.d. at the desk. I have not heard of hotel that was "guest friendly" giving anyone grief for having a girl who is over 18 visit. If they take issue with her i.d., she may have a fake i.d. and they could be doing you a HUGE favor.

All of that said, I don't have any specific recommendations. I stayed at the Marriott (on points) my last trip and somewhere in Jontiem that I can't remember on my first trip (convention). Marriott was GREAT, but is very pricey (perhaps the most expensive hotel in Pattaya from what I have seen) and clearly does not fit what you are looking for.

There was a recent thread that was very favorable re the Baboona Apartments. Only criticism that I saw was that there was no pool, but that does not seem to be an issue for you. I don't know if it is within your price range or not.

Don't know where you got all the bullshit from but I suggest you read some of the threads here a little deeper. There are dozens of great hotels in your price range. Just check some of the posts in this section.

Expat, thanks for assuming that I am bringing someone back that is under 18. I have no Desire to spend the rest of my life in prison.

I have read the posts and there are multiple that indicate that under 20 is not allowed. I will read more on the subject and inquire specifically with hotels if that is the case.

No mate, your post make a big issue out of nothing. Don't worry.

The hotels in Pattaya are very guest friendly, only some 4-5 stars sometime makes a fuzz or don't allow guests at night.

If you make inquires to the hotels about 18 or 20 year, they very well might assume same as I did, simply because you make a issue out of it.

Come and enjoy your holiday.

I guess I am assuming, understood. Thanks.

I want to within walking distance or a short drive, 5 minutes or less.

Walking distance from WHERE? Pattaya is a very big city.

If you mean 5 minutes from Walking Street then check out The Vault - that is within 5 minutes of Walking Street and very girl friendly. Eight of the eleven rooms are within your budget. It is also just far enough away to be free of the noise.

The rooms by the way are excellent - even the small ones are pretty huge.

If you want to be right in the thick, and can handle late night noise then try Galaxy Suites which is pretty much in the WS scene itself and again is well within your budge.

you get knocks on the door from police (scam), etc

Rarely a "scam". This happens when girls are under 18. It used to happen frequently as there was a 30,000 baht bountry to hotel reception staff to report it but (as far as I am aware) that bounty is no longer paid. MOST hotels will tell you if a girl is under 18 but learn how to read a Thai id and if she looks under 18 at all dont trust the id card.

Remember that under Thai law "ignorance is no defence" just the same as the west. You have no defence if her id says 18 or that she shouldnt have been working in the bar in the first place.

I am sure there are some hotels who want id at 20+ but you yourself cannot be in trouble if she is (genuinly) over 18 and I would guess that 99%+ of the "girl friendly hotels" have 18+ rules.

To be frank I have never heard of this 20+ thing and despite what you say I cannot ever recall seeing a thread or post here to that effect.

Thais have to be 20 to drink in a bar! Some bars and clubs will refuse entry to your TG (bar fine?) if she is under 20. Maybe you confused that.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I wold have to agree with footypjman (even though it is hard to admit agreeing with someone called footypjman :Buddy1: ) I am not sure I would lock up her stuff - no safety need really with her ID being held at the front desk and all your valuables in the safe. She doesn't know you and it will only make her feel trapped. IMHO

"Life is hard; its harder if you're stupid" - EC

Great advice. This is what I am looking for. I have never been so I am looking for people to say do it or don't. I have my own idea in my head so I need seasoned vets to let me know if it is a good or bad idea.

Great advice. This is what I am looking for. I have never been so I am looking for people to say do it or don't. I have my own idea in my head so I need seasoned vets to let me know if it is a good or bad idea.

Stephen

I edited my arlier post while you were typing.

I think maybe you are confusing "bars" with hotels as some bars and clubs (correctly) refuse entry to Thais under 20. See my earlier (now edited) post.

Stephen

I edited my arlier post while you were typing.

I think maybe you are confusing "bars" with hotels as some bars and clubs (correctly) refuse entry to Thais under 20. See my earlier (now edited) post.

No, not confusing and I just read your edit . I am aware of the 20 year old rule to work in the bars and drink. These were specific posts on hotels refusing or hassleling customers who brought girls back who were 18 or 19. I read a couple of posts, not sure if in this forum (but this seems to be the most educated one).

Just want to be well informed when I go. Just too far away from home to have any gray areas.

best to go with standard procedure and leave her id at the desk. Send her away if underage, you do not want that problem on holiday! :Billiards1:

No, not confusing and I just read your edit . I am aware of the 20 year old rule to work in the bars and drink.

20 to enter as a customer and/or drink.

Dont have to be 20 to work in a bar.

Daft?? Yes!

I never heard of anyone wanting to lock up the girl's stuff in a safe overnight so she can't leave. I strongly suggest against this. Most of the girls will not trust you and will be deeply offended and angry. You will certainly generate a lot of arguments from the girls, and risk spoiling your longtime. If the girl wants to leave early, that is just the price of doing business. Don't see her again.

You should have no problems taking a girl back to your hotel if she has ID showing she is over 18.

Try Beach Road between soi 8 and 9. They will probably throw in handcuffs as well!!

Currently working at the Nirvana Boutique Suites Hotel .... PM me for special rates for board members.

Nirvana Boutique Suites

I stayed at the Marriott (on points) my last trip and somewhere in Jontiem that I can't remember on my first trip (convention).

Salutations, just to add my schilling of experience: Marriott is girl friendly. No joiner-fee. I do always book 2-adults but there is no additional cost. I always go to the Marriott for at least 2-3 nights of splurge (spooge?) during my annual trips. It's a total oasis. It's also THB4000 or more !

Cheers,

Mr. Gai

Thank you for all the feedback. I am a little more educated from when I started. Thanks again.