IGNORED

Motorbike Taxi drivers drafted in as Police Volunteers to help reduce street crime.

LaaMok

Wednesday 23rd May 2007

Motorbike Taxi drivers drafted in as Police Volunteers to help reduce street crime.

Khun Ronagit, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya who was joined by senior Pattaya Police and Traffic Police Officers, chaired this meeting attended by 500 local motorbike taxi drivers who are being drafted in to assist the Police with spotting suspicious activities on the streets of Pattaya. The drivers will effectively become Pattaya Police Volunteers and this one day seminar explained how they will be able to assist the Police and how to conduct themselves if they encounter a crime taking place or if they see anything out-of-the-ordinary which requires assistance from the Police.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_23_05_50.htm

Wednesday 23rd May 2007

Khun Ronagit, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya who was joined by senior Pattaya Police and Traffic Police Officers, chaired this meeting attended by 500 local motorbike taxi drivers who are being drafted in to assist the Police with spotting suspicious activities on the streets of Pattaya. The drivers will effectively become Pattaya Police Volunteers and this one day seminar explained how they will be able to assist the Police and how to conduct themselves if they encounter a crime taking place or if they see anything out-of-the-ordinary which requires assistance from the Police.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_23_05_50.htm

How much of the low level crime is committed by these guys?

They're probably into most of the street robbery & drug dealing going on.

Talk about the lunatics running the asylum, what a joke! TIT...

That was my initial reaction as well.

Alan

Good point, that might be the method behind the madness, give the guys some responsibility and they will behave and grass there competition up!

However in my experience, i have found most motorcycle taxi drivers pretty honest, i broke down on my 1000cc once and a few taught me how to use there 50cc to push me a mile to a bike mechanic!

ALWAYS get on the right side of your local "motocy" taxi drivers, be they near your home or business. Most of them are decent guys trying to make a living (but yes, a few are real scumbags) and sharing a joke with them, or an offer of a few bottles of cold water now and then will act as great insurance should you ever need it, for you or your family or your staff.

I have a feeling they tries this initiative last year as well.

A couple of them got a bit over enthusiastic and started throwing there weight around.

Also one young lad was up somewhere threatening to jump because they wouldn't let him be one. :Chokdee:

The real police told him that anyone who helps the police is a police volunteer really so he came down quit happy with that.

He didn't get the badge though .

I bet he made his own later! Blue peter special from a toilet roll center and some tin foil. :P

I wonder if they will given a uniform to distinguish them from other taxi bikes, will they have the powers of arrest

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.