IGNORED

Etihad ex Manchester visa check?

BangkokBangher

Anybody flown with Etihad recently know if they are checking for visas or onward flights ex. Manchester if return flight is in excess of 30 days?

Agreed kpd. When they first started flying they did it right, they were priced extremely competetively to attract new custom & it worked. A good business model indeed. Having once gained that business, they have raised prices accordingly. Totally agree, not cheap anymore. Anything over about £375 pains me being the CC I am!

However, this one is costing £205 in total. :)

Apart from that, on topic please.

Edited by Lancashirelad

Anybody flown with Etihad recently know if they are checking for visas or onward flights ex. Manchester if return flight is in excess of 30 days?

They should be - the rules are that you need evidence of onward travel if you don't have a visa. In the, albeit unlikely, event that you were denied entry, they would be responsible for your flight out of Thailand. The sensible thing would be to get a tourist visa from Hull beforehand - you only need to pay the admin fee up untl March 4th; the visa itself is free.

I know they were ex LHR in December. If you don't get the visa before you leave you should at least have a trip itinary showing planned onward travel. Agree with previous post.

That being said, I had neither and bluffed my way through, no problems on arrival and now sitting comfortable on my retirement visa.

i did a 1 way once without a visa, didnt get asked about onward journey. i had a cheap air asia ticket to cambodia just in case

the next time they did ask and i had a visa

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Hmmm, nothing conclusive ex. Manchester recently then?

I've made an appointment at Liverpool consular office for Thursday to get a tourist visa.

However, given the current Thai political situation & the fact that i had hoped to spend some time in Bangkok, i might cancel if the sheit hits the fan big time big time Friday.

• 4 months later...

Just to follow up on this. I went to Liverpool & got a visa which turned out to be unnecessary.

Etihad did not check at all, so i brought it up in conversation with ground staff. The feedback was: "With Thailand we know you can just nip over the border & extend your stay."

As it turned out i left after 12 days anyway to go to the Philippines before returning for a final 2 weeks.