IGNORED

June Flights

nisoptimum

Looking for a flight to BKK for Pattaya trip in early June,can't find one without major stopovers for less than £500.Made the same trip last year and had no problem getting one with Qatar airways for less than £350,in fact could of had it for £300 with 8 hour stopover with many other operators available for less than £400.

I know VAT has increased 2.5% and fuel has risen but even that cannot justify the 40% increase.Any advice on best course of action!,sit tight and continue to monitor prices or take the best one with the flight times to suit.Do my main trip in January and don't skimp on anything then,in fact only paid $400 for that flight during peak period,the June trip i do solo only for 10 days to keep my sanity and will to live so more on a budget.

i got 480 return from manchester with one stop (1hr both ways). This was the best I have seen for a one month trip with a departure of end of may return in last week of june.

There are several factors that are hitting the flights.

1. New uk tax on departures that came in end of november. Another one will be added this November too

2. Flights are being hit by heavy fuel increases

3. Airlines cannot offer the discounts to compete they did last year and the year before. I read an interview with the ceo of Etihad and he has said they have to increase fairs to a sustainable amount to make a profit.

4. Lower numbers are flying due to the recession. Look at the numbers in Pattaya and the change of place Etihad are using out of manchester

5. Many Airlines are in debt and need to put flight prices up to compete. All the airlines are doing it... not that they operate in a monopolistic way of course :-p

Bottom line is some discount may pop up just before the start of the world cup (early june) when less people traditionally fly, but these discounts did not emerge so far in Feb, and that is allways a good time for flights.

I did see some flights for that period and returning two weeks later for about 450... but thats it, dont know if they are still there. Looks like my flights have gone and the next cheapest by 30 quid have a wonder full 8 hour stopover...

you may have to stump up this year im afriad.

I'm not sure what sites you are using but I use Travelsupermarket.

Linky link.

Just did a little search, Jet Airways from Heathrow - limited availability £404 and still plenty of dates £439.

I'm in same boat, went last May/June on British Airways and flew direct for £399. Don't know if any deals will show up in the next month or so or whether the prices will just continue to rise.

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Back in employment. Korando's Bar, Soi Buakhao 15. 

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

Bagel and His Adventures in Thailand

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

just keep googling for cheap flights

somethink a turn up

thats what i do

same problem for me too

london to bangkok use to be about 500 pounds ,return ,non stop

eva or thai airways

now average 700 pounds

that be 200 beer tokens lost

not good

keep searching,have faith

just keep googling for cheap flights

somethink a turn up

thats what i do

same problem for me too

london to bangkok use to be about 500 pounds ,return ,non stop

eva or thai airways

now average 700 pounds

that be 200 beer tokens lost

not good

keep searching,have faith

Have faith... but just know that this year the airlines cannot afford to offer lots of cheaper flights... keep looking and if you see a good one GRAB IT... likewise know that this year you may have less ST with NOK on Soi 6 so you can have a bit of long time with NOK AIR.

Live in the land of the treble mortice lock (merseyside) so can only really fly from Manchester so options a little restricted,it seems a lot of like minded punters out there and if they've not filled the quota of seats with the first stage of pricing then hopefully the discounted deals will start to filter through,will keep a close watch on things fore the next few weeks.Thanks for the imput guys.

Live in the land of the treble mortice lock (merseyside) so can only really fly from Manchester so options a little restricted,it seems a lot of like minded punters out there and if they've not filled the quota of seats with the first stage of pricing then hopefully the discounted deals will start to filter through,will keep a close watch on things fore the next few weeks.Thanks for the imput guys.

I live in Leeds but still, more often than not, fly from Heathrow. Yes it takes me longer but I think the savings are worth it. Normally just get the National Express down to London for £5 (if you book in advance) then pop on the tube out to Heathrow for £4.

If you have to fly from Manchester use that link I gave you and play around with some dates. There's some seats on Swiss Airlines (??) floating around for £450.

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

Have seen the Swissair offers but take off times not the best for me,need to leave as possible so can work same day as have to make best use of holidays from work.What are Swissair like to fly with.....

What are Swissair like to fly with.....

No idea. Have never used them. Had never heard of them until they showed up in the search.

You always get the best deals if you can fly any time and are flexible with dates and airports. I think you might just have to stump up the extra cash.

I've booked to go in June. Honestly, I simply can't afford not to go! So many pool tables..... never known JP bar to stop serving.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Generally, June is not a cheap month to fly. Airlines raises their prices after May 15. The summer is their High season.

i too am traveling early june from 5-23,and although flight prices are up on last year they are still cheap,thai air for 525,or can go for really cheap on oman or jet for 395,my only problem is as a silver member for etihad and this next flight to take me to gold i want to go with etihad,plus they are brilliant in my eyes,also someone said prices are up due to vat increase.this wont affect airfares as theres no vat on flights,also the increase in passenger duty to los and back in nov last year was £10 per return so not huge :)

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

HI

My last trip was end of november it was defo harder to get a good deal than a few months before, i flew with qatar because i have the silver ff card and wanted to stay with them check in at buisness and you can use buisness lounges(thai lounge in bkk very nice) and have fast track at manchester and only need two flights a year to get the silver card.

I only got a good price with qatar last minute, i bought my ticket 3 or 4 days before departure with travelpack which was cheaper for my dates than net flights etc with good stop over times while the other companies wanted more and had bad stopovers.Also try wefly i have used them once when they were cheaper than the rest 300 all in the tax was more lol

I very nearly flew with emirates from birmingham as it was 200 pound cheaper than from manchester with good stop of times.So try the likes of travelsupermarket and net flights etc but from birmingham with emirates, maybe it is still a lot cheaper than emirates from manchester.

As for swiss air i have never flown with them but have heard they are ok.

A few years ago some of the flights with swiss were with thai airways(codeshare)but not sure if it is still the case and they were cheaper than thai from heathrow lol if you get a good price with swiss air you can check on opodo if one or both flights are with thai air as they give the flight number,I personally like thai air as iam very tall and the seats are the roomiest available,although the ife is naff thats why most people do not like thai if your not over 6 ft then look for the swiss flights because they use new planes with good ife.

Good luck.

Edited by Hancock

Keep in mind guys british airways havnt started industrial action over there working conditions if they dont sort it out ..strikes are bound to kick in over easter is my guess..other airlines might be waiting to see how that pans out..on a lighter note looks like plenty addicts in june will be in heaven..7 th june for me flying outta manchester 21.00..anyone about giz a shout ..btw £516 my flight with emirates..cheers