IGNORED

What is your favorite beer in Pattaya

Martinell

I intend to expand with draft beer so what is your favorite beer in Pattaya?

I can see I will have to add Lao, but what if we could only offer 1 brand as draft beer, would you prefer bottle beer or 1 cheap brand draft beer?

Edited by Martinell

The friendly dating site :)

banner.gif

The problem with Draught beer is it needs to be fresh, if it is not it tastes bad and this is the reason why many people don't drink it. The glass also needs to be clean and in the freezer before pouring which is hard to do in a beer bar. It is also harder to keep cold sitting outside because you can't put a 'condom' on the glass/mug.

I would vote for Beer Lao as well but it never tastes the same as in Laos when you are a few minutes drive from the factory.

The problem with Draught beer is it needs to be fresh, if it is not it tastes bad and this is the reason why many people don't drink it.

Which is why I might have to start with 1 brand.

banner.gif

Which is why I might have to start with 1 brand.

Well you would certainty be one of the few beer bars to have draught. One cool idea would be the sell 'Beer Towers' like they have at the Thai beer gardens.Some have ice on the inside of it so it does not get warm. Or sell it American style in a pitcher and make Coop jealous.

Well you would certainty be one of the few beer bars to have draught. One cool idea would be the sell 'Beer Towers' like they have at the Thai beer gardens.Some have ice on the inside of it so it does not get warm. Or sell it American style in a pitcher and make Coop jealous.

Thanks, sounds like a good idea, but what about thermo beer glasses would it be an idea?

banner.gif

Thanks, sounds like a good idea, but what about thermo beer glasses would it be an idea?

I think it would work, but the girls will be fighting over who has to clean the beer glasses.

i like san miguel light. never tried beer lao

i like san miguel light. never tried beer lao

I know that San Miguel Light is very popular but I am not sure to you can get it as draught?

banner.gif

I think it would work, but the girls will be fighting over who has to clean the beer glasses.

So I do it myself :P

banner.gif

Since Singha and Lao are equal, it will be Singha who win, because that is what I even drink, but you can manage to change my decision yet, att a pic over the expansion of existing Martinell sports bar, suggestions are welcome!

new_bar.gif

banner.gif

I know that San Miguel Light is very popular but I am not sure to you can get it as draught?

AFIK ive never seen it served in anything other than bottles.

But San Miguel Light is a very good lager in that its smooth, gives you less gas and best of all low or no calories, gotta watch my figure you know! :Evil_Grin2:

Price your drinks favourably and dont water down the draught beer(not saying you are) and youll be onto a winner in my book. :Question:

Hope to visit your place soon.

Edited by dirtdiver

Watch out for scams in LOS !! The biggest one is, when you come to Thailand "your in pocket", when you leave you've been sucked dry!

:D

sigpicSIG5.jpg

But San Miguel Light is a very good lager in that its smooth, gives you less gas and best of all low or no calories, gotta watch my figure you know! :Evil_Grin2:

Price your drinks favourably and dont water down the draught beer(not saying you are) and youll be onto a winner in my book. :Question:

there are cans

But San Miguel Light is a very good lager in that its smooth, gives you less gas and best of all low or no calories, gotta watch my figure you know! :GiveBeer1:

Price your drinks favourably and dont water down the draught beer(not saying you are) and youll be onto a winner in my book. :Evil_Grin2:

Thank you, all should be finished in mid-April, but you never know in Thailand :Question:

banner.gif

Are you taking over the entire Anna bar all the way to the wall near the toilet?

Yes it is true, call me crazy but I'm doing a bar that meets all my dreams and I hope only that other people have similar tastes :Question:

banner.gif

Yes it is true, call me crazy but I'm doing a bar that meets all my dreams and I hope only that other people have similar tastes :Evil_Grin2:

Sounds like a good idea. I would go for the Singha draft, the Beer Lao is probably a lot more expensive since it is imported.

are you going to have wireless internet so the people in Coop's bar can get on for free?:Question:

Sounds like a good idea. I would go for the Singha draft, the Beer Lao is probably a lot more expensive since it is imported.

are you going to have wireless internet so the people in Coop's bar can get on for free?:Evil_Grin2:

Yes, and pay his rent, I like Coop no doubt about it, but I'm not so crazy :Question:

banner.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a massive San Mig Light fan: same amount of alc as other beers, but fewer calories. Not sure it's available in draught though.

Another vote for Beer Lao

Are there many places in Pattaya that sell Beer Laos?

The only place that I can remember selling it was the Queen Vic on Soi 6.

I've myself a box of 24 of Beer Laos at home, now that is a beer not for sharing!

Cooper's Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale but unfortunately the only place you can get it is at Villa Supermarket in bottles. Tried getting my local to stock it but was told too expensive, couldn't understand how it could be too expensive when I said that I would drink what they stocked.

Anyways I stick with bottles of Tiger when out drinking these days, staying away from anything poured from a tap as had way too many times when the beer is flat or stale.

What you offer has to be aimed to the clientele that you want and that will then determine the revenue you will turn around. Cheaper local beers = cheaper local clientele which will require higher numbers in your bar to get a decent profit.

You are a braver man than me as given the competition in Pattaya for the same product you really have to have something special to get people to walk in your door and then when you do get the numbers coming in through the door then you start getting unwanted attention asking for tea money.

I don't drink beer here in the US (I just naturally hate the way the stuff taste...) but I can tolerate liquor (if that makes any sense) but when I'm in LOS I tend to slowly gravitate towards Singha or San Miguel Light. Only drink in LOS because it fits the situation so I'd probably be classified as a social drinker. Also when I do drink in Thailand I never get drunk and rarely drink to the point where I have a slight buzz, only slightly.

"Picky girls, don't get picked... simple as that."“It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon, it's warmer than you'd thinkâ€