Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Marriott?

toony

Hi

Coming to Pattaya for 1st time next month

was gonna book Marriott

Is it GF ?

Location ok to all bars /walking street ?

thx in advance

Hi Toony,

Are you a Newcastle fan? Premiership needs Newcastle. Be great to see them back there next season.

The Marriott. This on is not GF. The cost is 1,000 Baht.

Now, if you are a follower of the addicts, you should know that all theses places are GF.

August Suites Pattaya Klang

Tim Boutique hotel

Nova Platinum, Rear Building

LK Renaissance Soi Diana

Sandy Springs on Soi 13

One place not to consider is the Penthouse hotel. If you considered this place you would be going against forum etiquette and risk suspension.

Enjoy your stay.

Hi Nasher - yes I am Newcastle fan - going ok so far , but this is Newcastle after all so no chickens are counted yet !

Noted your advice and of course will not stay at Penthouse hotel - this forum is a great source of info and will be a huge help in planning the weekend.

The Marriott does NOT charge a joiner fee as long as you have booked a double room (for single use). Which is absolutly ok.

I've never had a problem when I stayed there and took a lady back to my room. Nice hotel - helpful stuff. Ok!

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

Khunsingha - That is great news. I spoke to K. Marut, from the Marriott, and he told me 1,000 Baht.

So, Toony, there you go. Book the Marriott. A superb hotel in a superb location.

Were you at the game yesterday. One of the 45,525 crowd. Good result. Were you there? Or, do you perhaps live in a place with a warmer climate?

But, wait a minute, I have just re read your reply and see that you are only coming to Pattaya for the weekend?? You are going to fly all the way from the toon and only stay in Pattaya for the weekend?? Did you consider jet lag? Might be difficult to have fun if you are suffering from jet lag? People who do spend their weekends in Pattaya are mostly from Bangkok!!

Maybe you should have started your opening thread something like this:

Hi

Coming to Thailand next month and will visit Pattaya for 1st time - just for a weekend

was gonna book Marriott

So, be careful with your postings. We don't want them to sound like they are just a spam - do we. The forum really is a HUGE help for finding accurate information isn't it!!!!!

Guys,

Re The Marriott. I have stayed at the Marriott 6 times in the past 4 years. Never have I been charged a joiner fee.

I once brought back 2 girls and a ladyboy @ 3 am past the front desk..no problems at all.

Just make sure you are not too rowdy and you will be fine.

Great hotel.... a little expensive but hey my company pays!

have fun.

Talia17

TALIA

I work in Asia - flying in to BKK from Vietnam so short flight

Been to Phuket a few times recently so wanted to try Patts for a change

So no wasn't at the match but great result

Khunsingha - That is great news. I spoke to K. Marut, from the Marriott, and he told me 1,000 Baht.

So, Toony, there you go. Book the Marriott. A superb hotel in a superb location.

Were you at the game yesterday. One of the 45,525 crowd. Good result. Were you there? Or, do you perhaps live in a place with a warmer climate?

But, wait a minute, I have just re read your reply and see that you are only coming to Pattaya for the weekend?? You are going to fly all the way from the toon and only stay in Pattaya for the weekend?? Did you consider jet lag? Might be difficult to have fun if you are suffering from jet lag? People who do spend their weekends in Pattaya are mostly from Bangkok!!

Maybe you should have started your opening thread something like this:

Hi

Coming to Thailand next month and will visit Pattaya for 1st time - just for a weekend

was gonna book Marriott

So, be careful with your postings. We don't want them to sound like they are just a spam - do we. The forum really is a HUGE help for finding accurate information isn't it!!!!!

nasher.. why is it that you have only 3 posts and its starting to sound like your a spammer....

you seem to know a lot about the addicts site for a bloke that only joined yesterday....

Toony price is the only thing that has stopped me from trying the Marriott. Yes its close enough to the action as well. Have fun on your trip....

Edited by murtle71

Marriott is one of my top 2 hotels in Pattaya. Have stayed many times - never an issue with girls. Actually bit too lax.

Next time I will try and stay in one of the garden rooms.

The main entrance is on 2nd rd but there is a secret entrance beyound the pool and gardens onto beach rd. I would (hopefully) be able to bring girls from the coconut bar thru there. I hate short time rooms...

Thanks Murtle

They have an offer of stay for 3 nites and pay for 2 when I am there so seems better value for the weekend at what looks nice hotel with decnt pool so thought would give it a try

Surprised that the Marriott is only 1000 baht per night when it is a worldwide top hotel chain.

Also, that it doesn't ask for a joiner fee if you take two girls back whereas the Pattaya Bay Resort has a written policy to charge 500 baht for the second girl.

As for security I would have thought that you would need to sign in each guest that you take to your room. Every top class hotel does this for fire regulation purposes alone.

Thanks Murtle

They have an offer of stay for 3 nites and pay for 2 when I am there so seems better value for the weekend at what looks nice hotel with decnt pool so thought would give it a try

That sounds good Toony. Enoy your first stay in Pattaya. Be careful not to stray to any of the places on the banned list - such as that dreadful Penthouse hotel....

Have fun.

nasher.. why is it that you have only 3 posts and its starting to sound like your a spammer....

you seem to know a lot about the addicts site for a bloke that only joined yesterday....

Toony price is the only thing that has stopped me from trying the Marriott. Yes its close enough to the action as well. Have fun on your trip....

Hi Murtle - Didn't mean to sound like a spammer. I actually joined this wonderfully informative little site today but, have been following it for quite some time. I know that it is good form to bash the Penthouse as, all I seem to read about is, people bashing the Penthouse. Even Toony, in only his second ever posting, said of course he would never stay in the Penthouse and, he has never even been to Pattaya!!! So, he must have picked this up from this wonderful little site. For me it is a great hotel and ever stay anywhere else. But, shouldn't say that for risk of being suspended...

I stayed at Marriott less than 3 months ago (end of November), was never charged a joiner fee, and was never hassled by front desk or security in manner whatsoever. In fact, front desk did not take/check girl's ID (I think some see that as a bad thing; it didn't bother me at all).

I LOVED the place and would recommend it to anyone who is not put off by the price!

BTW, for anyone booking from the US, I was surprised to find that priceline.com has great prices on this hotel. Every site I had checked (including Marriott's site and Agoda) had the price at around 5000 baht. For some reason, priceline had it at about 3100 baht. I think it DOES require prepayment, but it looks to be fully refundable up to the day before.

Re priceline, I should add that their site is limited to U.S.-based chains, so they only have rates for Marriott, Holiday Inn and Best Western in Pattaya.

Marriott is probably one of the top places to stay in Patts if you can afford it, great location, pool is fantastic, and the security actually encourages you to bring back guests! No joiner that I know of. I will be there at the end of March.

Mind you Tim and the LK group are top notch as well.

I have stayed at the Marriott in Patts several times and have never had a problem with bringing back girls. No problems or extra charges for two girls either. The Marriott has a great pool and the breakfast is top notch.

Love the Marriott Pattaya Resort..... Like another BM stated top notch, great pool, great gym, great breakfast, and friendly staff.

I stayed in the garden room surrounding the pool very very nice even for western standards. Never was charged a joiner fee and never had any problems with the staff. One night I brought back a hostess who had a brand new car.... they allowed her free parking under my room. Of course a tip was given but non the less everything about this hotel is top notch.

Here are a few pictures of the pool and garden room.

All the best,

PT

thailand 002.jpg

CIMG1288.JPG

thailand 003.jpg

thailand 006.jpg

If you have the coin to stay at the Marriot I'd seriously consider looking across the road at one of the suites at the Dusit D2. It's newer, cooler, has better facilities (rooftop bar, another separate bar open to the public), better staff, super girl friendly (no limit on the number of girls you can bring back- my mate bought 6 back one night) and they let you use the pool (unofficially) anytime of night - including serving booze for you and your girls. Real nice food too.

I stayed at the Marriot for a couple of nights and then the D2 on my trip in October. When I came back in December I did 3 weeks straight at the D2 and would never consider going back to the Marriot. The Marriot rooms are nice , but old. The rooms at the D2 are just flat out pimp style - more like a suite on the strip in Vegas.

There a few good videos floating around the net - here is one.

Edited by aussieB

Hi

Coming to Pattaya for 1st time next month

was gonna book Marriott

Is it GF ?

Location ok to all bars /walking street ?

thx in advance

Nice place

Nice place

bill130, I'm jealous, you gave this place a two word comment. (Nice place) My view talay 6 condo only got a (wow). You must be a man of few words. I was in the coast guard 1975-79. Flew in C130's as crew. What do you think of my condo, i like feed back, good or bad, ideas to make it more user friendly and fit the needs of the the forum members. I am not in the high or low end market, just somewhere in between. Take care, Bill. Beachroadlover

• 3 weeks later...

I have stayed at this hotel 6 times in the past 2 years I was never charged a joiner fee. The only asked for the girls ID and that was it. When I came in the beach rd entrance id was never asked for. I was only charge once when I brought 2 girls back and that was 1,000 for the second girl. Things may have changed in the last 4 months but this is what it has been for me.

Perfect stay at Marriots in march.

Great premier de luxe room.

Friendly staff, great garden and pool, good breakfast, PERFECT location.

It's pricy but if you afford it do not hesitate.

Visited Dusit on the other side of the road: cold, no atmosphere, no garden.

No problems with girls, a couple DD girls was no either.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Marriot on my recent trip to Pattaya and I enjoyed it.

Pros:

1. Girl friendly (no joiner fee) with a private entrance from Beach Road into the garden/pool area. Salute the friendly guard and you and your girl or girlfriends are in. No walk of shame. I stayed in room #409 in the low rise building on north side of the pool garden area. It was very quiet and low key there. I want that room when I go back.

2. Great location. 2nd Road is on the front entrance and Beach Road is on the back entrance. From Beach Road head south and you are on Walking Street in a few minutes, head north and you will be at Soi 6, 7, & 8 before you know it. Devil's Den and the like are easy walking distance as well. Step right around the corner onto Soi Post Office for a handy quick blow Job.

3. Good breakfasts with lots of fruit and juice as well as a good assortment of Asian and Western dishes.

4. Free wifi in the lobby and patio.

5. Great Pool and garden area. This was the deciding factor for me. Since the Pattaya beach is polluted, I required a GF hotel close to the action that had a nice pool to relax and unwind in. Bottom line, the Marriott filled the bill. And I will stay here again when I return to Pattaya.

Cons:

1. Price. Yes it is a little pricey for a 4* hotel. The advance prepaid rate was around 3200bt. I had Marriott Points so when I applied them to my stay, my daily rate averaged around 1500bt/day which is a very good deal. If you decide to stay here I suggest you become a Marriott Rewards member before hand and also sign up for their credit card which earns you a free night at a Marriott hotel of a certain class. I received a free night at the Hong Kong Marriott Courtyard (a $120 value) for getting the credit card. All this gets a little complicated, so call Marriott directly to set this up. When I called and said I wanted to make reservations at the Pattaya Marriott, the female representative said, Oh Pattaya, Thailand, I heard there are some pretty girls in Pattaya. I laughed and said yes I think so.

Edited by gogul