IGNORED

Your Recommendation, Sir?

mr gai

Greetings,

Last year I broke a rut. The 6-year Penthouse rut. That place is like a famous actress well past her prime. With cats.

I decided on the Mercure. I liked it very much. It was clean, modern, cheapish. But as some have pointed out it's 1) kind one block too far away from where I want to be and 2) the bathrooms are small.

If the Marriott was cheaper I would stay there. In BKK for example, I like the Soi 6 hotels Grand Sukhumvit, Dynasty Grand and Dawin.

Does anyone have any recommendations, something like: THB1500-2500/night. Near WSish. BG friendly?

Thank you,

Mr. ไก่

post-32378-126661225527_thumb.jpg

post-32378-126661226556_thumb.jpg

Where can I find that rate for August Suites? I visited their website, and the quote is higher. Can you advice? Thanks.

Tim Boutique hotel

Just off 2nd road across from Mike's Mall. It's on Soi 14 which is a tiny, dead-end soi, between Kiss Food and the Avenue shopping center. It is a very nice hotel with excellent service staff and great location close to everything. Really nice beds, rooftop pool with bar, very quiet, and totally girl friendly. Lots of good reviews here on PA.

Cheers

Nova Platinum, rear building, much better than the front building. great rooms and bathroom, comfortable bed, great pool. 5 min walk from WS, BG friendly. Downfall, no balcony. ive stayed here many a time

Not near WS, but a 5-10 minute baht bus away; consider the Green Park or Loma hotels in Naklua. GF but charge 100B joiner, which you can negotiate down during low season.

Huge pools, nice rooms, good value & only a 5 minute walk to Naklua Rd; many BB complexes there. If you don't fancy the 5 min walk, then consider Lek Villa on the Naklua Rd.

http://www.greenparkpattaya.com/

http://www.lomaresort.com/

http://www.lekvilla.com/

Peace. :)

sgu_banner.gif

Not near WS, but a 5-10 minute baht bus away; consider the Green Park or Loma hotels in Naklua. GF but charge 100B joiner, which you can negotiate down during low season.

Huge pools, nice rooms, good value & only a 5 minute walk to Naklua Rd; many BB complexes there. If you don't fancy the 5 min walk, then consider Lek Villa on the Naklua Rd.

http://www.greenparkpattaya.com/

http://www.lomaresort.com/

http://www.lekvilla.com/

Peace. :001_Thank_You5:

Green Park is nice and you can practice your Deutsch at the same time. Just be sure you reserve a chair near the pool with a towel in the high season.

Green Park is nice and you can practice your Deutsch at the same time. Just be sure you reserve a chair near the pool with a towel in the high season.

The only Deutsch communication we received at Loma was dagger eyed stares from the wrinkly old wives, as we cavorted in the pool with our TGs. The husbands looked at us with their envious eyes. I remember one poor old bloke, who cackled insanely as he passed us at the pool bar. We looked into each other's eyes & more understanding took place than could ever take place verbally.

Halfway through our hols a new family arrived. I took one look at the hot 18 year old daughter, then glanced at her mother. From her look, I thought she was going rip my balls off.

I exaggerate a bit. Probably 50% couples, 50% mongers, 10% families with older children. Makes for an interesting stay. :ShitHappens1:

You're right about those Germans. They must have set their alarm clock for 4am to put their towels out = towels in pool. :MonkeyFight:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

The only Deutsch communication we received at Loma was dagger eyed stares from the wrinkly old wives, as we cavorted in the pool with our TGs. The husbands looked at us with their envious eyes. I remember one poor old bloke, who cackled insanely as he passed us at the pool bar. We looked into each other's eyes & more understanding took place than could ever take place verbally.

Halfway through our hols a new family arrived. I took one look at the hot 18 year old daughter, then glanced at her mother. From her look, I thought she was going rip my balls off.

I exaggerate a bit. Probably 50% couples, 50% mongers, 10% families with older children. Makes for an interesting stay. :ShitHappens1:

You're right about those Germans. They must have set their alarm clock for 4am to put their towels out = towels in pool. :MonkeyFight:

I agree it is an interesting place, in fact I stayed there on my second trip to Pattaya. Now I am too cheap for that place but it is nice. Some decent beer bars across the road.

Try Sandy Springs on Soi 13. Deluxe room with a seaview is 1600, but I think there may be a 100 baht discount if you purchase a card upfront for 300.

LK Renaissance Soi Diana.

I like this one! I forgot to add that I need to be walking distance from Palmers! This distance suffices barely ;) Does LK Rennaisance have balconies? Also, the rooftop looks cool; is there are restaurant up there? The rooms look huge. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tim Boutique Hotel

I like this one! It's close to LK Rennaisance and thus the same "distance" thing applies. Does TIM have balconies?

I'll probably give each of these a go for at least one night.

I was thinking Fraser Resort for a moment but there was too many "this place is cheap" comments. Can anyone add anything else?

Naklua is too far away but to be honest I have never considered this area. It looks walking distance from Soi 2 fun!

Thanks again, everyone, for your recommendations.

Mr. Gai

Where can I find that rate for August Suites? I visited their website, and the quote is higher. Can you advice? Thanks.

I just email them & ask them for the best price & I have always got it for 1500 baht & a pool view.

Explain to them you want to stay there as your friends have & your budjet is 1500 baht.

They always reply to my emails & the hotel is just spot on. :Circle_Sharks:

What a wondeful little thread.

Hold on one second whilst I take my hands of the keyboard....

I was applauding (not chak-welling!!!)- Mr. Chicken, where did you hatch this cunning little plan? Start with a dig at the Penthouse - nice touch..

Now we all wait, with baited breath.... Which hotel will you finally select?

Edited by nasher

I was applauding (not chak-welling!!!)- Mr. Chicken, where did you hatch this cunning little plan? Start with a dig at the Penthouse - nice touch..

I guess I missed the point of your reply but I certainly do respect your opinion. I have nothing but fond memories of my 6 years of staying at the Penthouse. Certainly that and the THB150,000 that I spent there entitles me to my opinions.

Now we all wait, with baited breath.... Which Hotel will you finally select?

Apex.

Have a great day.

Mr. Gai

I guess I missed the point of your reply but I certainly do respect your opinion. I have nothing but fond memories of my 6 years of staying at the Penthouse. Certainly that and the THB150,000 that I spent there entitles me to my opinions.

Apex.

Have a great day.

Mr. Gai

OK - Have a great stay.