IGNORED

bangbon anyone?

oatley

i will be arriving in thailand in very near future and have secured accomodation in bangbon area (close to my new job)

has anyone been to this area?

:001_Thank_You5:

i doubt there will be much to do but im very keen to get any info. i trust there is cinemas nearby, gym, etc??

also how the hell can i get public transport there from BKK? do i just head to southern bus terminal and ask for directions from there? yes, i can get taxi but i wish to be civil and use public transport if possible.

any info much appreciated

cheers

oatley

Edited by oatley

You'll have to give us more information as to it's location. It could be pronounced in many different ways. For instance there alre loads of 'Ban Pongs'.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Bangbon i am referring to is a little south west of Bangkok

heres a map ive found

mapofBonitacopy.jpg

Edited by oatley

found it on google earth not to far from bkk

for my first trip to bangbon i would get a taxi,that way you can get your bearings.

best of luck with the new job ...lucky "so n so"

The west side of Bangkok doesn't have much happening for the farang I'm afraid. It's not hard to get into the city center though these days.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 4 weeks later...

when visiting a Jason (mr dream taxi)

i stayed there for roughly a week

there isnt alot to do im afraid since its predominantly thai area

thats not to say there arent things to do

there were some THAI karaoke bars nearby which can have some nice girls just be careful you dont get anything underage

i ended up with 2 sisters but one wasnt so pretty and i ended up fobbing her off on my bro who didnt complain so much.

got away with not paying them too as i thought it was included in the service charge be careful

they are ran like most thai ran places if you buy a drink for a girl she will drink from your beer

and you also pay for service which could be her just sitting there talkign to you

you must know at least some basic conversational thai and be comfortable with it or it could be a hassle

when i go back i will be staying closer to the centre with bts access in saphan kwai