IGNORED

background lighting

Blackeye

My time is nearly a pond me arrive in pattaya first time ..............

Hope to take many pictures with my new camera............

Outdoors and night shot won't be a problem..........

But fearing indoor and room shot will need extra lighting ...........

Do I bring my own or buy when I arrive ...........???

like to hear what you done ...........

Thinking about floor lights 2 or 4 but fear globes will be damage in flight.........

not able to bring onboard as I hit my limit

open to options...............

cheer's

beening a new camera not sure what I can use yet thought just easier bring floor lights

I suppose you could pop along to a market and buy a couple of lamps for next to nothing.

Through the careful use of small fold up reflectors and some small, portable lights you can take great "portraits" indoors. Given that we use digital cameras nowadays, the White Balance issue is moot. You can shoot mixed tungsten with compact fluorescent throw in some sunlight, and still get color balanced results "in camera".

Also, consider using available materials in the hotel room such as the pillowcases and bed sheets as reflectors (before using them - ha), and natural lighting from window sources.

Shooting in low light situations, well, get a small tripod. Try the Gorilla "bendable" pods. Small, lightweight, cheap, perfect for your FUJI, yes?

Digital photography is much easier than film based ever was. We don't have to spend all those hours in the darkroom breathing toxic fumes. Digital ROCKS !!!!

David G.

ps. though, I do miss Kodachrome 25, how about you??